No inside info but willing to bet OC will have a wide open attack

Top local WRs? Haven't we learned the Schnelenberger / Johnson model worked a quarter century ago, but the very few Dade athletes these days who had that toughness and drive leave for competive programs who get the pick of the litter.

Canes recruiting needs to be way better and not so lazy relying on stars and the locals.

Like I've said before Charlotte in SW FL had two kids who were 2-3 stars. Both went to FIU (One had the INT that started the Canes upset in 19) - both are in the League.

Its a lot easier to depend on the Stars, recruit across town and go home at night than maybe drive across the Alley and see some of the talent where you can actually pull out a diamond in the rust.
View attachment 229310
Do you actually think the Canes recruit based on The # stars that some guys making at most 10% of what ocs and dcs make hang on high school players? Me either.

Advertisement
200w-1.gif

Advertisement
Do you actually think the Canes recruit based on The # stars that some guys making at most 10% of what ocs and dcs make hang on high school players? Me either.
I actually think recruiting at Miami has been horrible for the past two decades, regardless of how many Top 5 recruiting classes they've been told they had. Because what are those recruiting classes based on? The stars those guys making 10% of OCs and DCs hung on them. And those 10%ers give Dade a star handicap just for geographical location, despite the fact that times have changed.

Advertisement
I actually think recruiting at Miami has been horrible for the past two decades, regardless of how many Top 5 recruiting classes they've been told they had. Because what are those recruiting classes based on? The stars those guys making 10% of OCs and DCs hung on them. And those 10%ers give Dade a star handicap just for geographical location, despite the fact that times have changed.
You are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about the quality of our recruiting.

You said the canes recruit by * ratings. I asked if you believed that, because I can't imagine who would bet their career on the * valuation of some guy not actually coaching.

Advertisement
talent evals are very impo
Top local WRs? Haven't we learned the Schnelenberger / Johnson model worked a quarter century ago, but the very few Dade athletes these days who had that toughness and drive leave for competive programs who get the pick of the litter.

Canes recruiting needs to be way better and not so lazy relying on stars and the locals.

Like I've said before Charlotte in SW FL had two kids who were 2-3 stars. Both went to FIU (One had the INT that started the Canes upset in 19) - both are in the League.

Its a lot easier to depend on the Stars, recruit across town and go home at night than maybe drive across the Alley and see some of the talent where you can actually pull out a diamond in the rust.
View attachment 229310
Talent evals are very important as well as player development , we have not excelled with either.
hopefully by having a staff that recruits well and develop relationship with HS staffs we can uncover some under the radar gems

sadly,correct this will limit his opportunities to get game changing WR's & other schools are advising schools about Miami, don't go there they do not throw the ball. you can have a 50-50 split and combine elements of a spread type offense tempo, getting the ball to guys in space, chunk plays, TD"s...... Mario has pretty much used his mulligan and burned thru a lot of equity , lets hope he see's the light

You are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about the quality of our recruiting.

You said the canes recruit by * ratings. I asked if you believed that, because I can't imagine who would bet their career on the * valuation of some guy not actually coaching.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but they are drawn to the stars first, its a shortcut, human nature. "Look I just signed us a 5 star WR - watched three games here in Dade". Doubtful the guy is going to look at the 3 star from Naples or Venice who may run better routes and can develop, but didn't get looked at by the star givers who make the same mistakes. But forget that - we routinley tell ourselves we have "the best" athletes on the field and we have routinley gotten beat by those teams with far lessor recruiting classes. How about this: Middle Tenn...

Advertisement
Can’t wait for them to announce Andy Reid joining the staff as OC now that the secondary nfl season has wrapped.

Advertisement
Back