No Game 3 Abortion Thread?

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
This team is bad. Will be under .500 after the Florida series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
This team is bad. Will be under .500 after the Florida series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see why our pitching would be struggling deep into the season like this. It has been a grind. Arms must be dead.

I was under the impression that pitching would be the strength of this team. While that it isn't necessarily a lie, I would say that "no strengths" is more appropriate for this team. They better find an identity quick. This isn't a good Rutgers team and neither win was that impressive. Today was just....it was just bad....

Meanwhile, Florida had a sophomore and a freshman each throw 97 mph today.

What are we going with Canes fans.....tuition? Randomness?

I was under the impression that pitching would be the strength of this team. While that it isn't necessarily a lie, I would say that "no strengths" is more appropriate for this team. They better find an identity quick. This isn't a good Rutgers team and neither win was that impressive. Today was just....it was just bad....

Yeah, when they say that, they just mean that the hitting and defense are so bad that pitching is the "strength" by default.

Advertisement
Three games in. THREE GAMES IN. Idiocy knows no bounds on this board. This team won two out of three to start, with a fair amount of new pieces. Will they win the UF series? Maybe, maybe not, but the last time I checked, this season is pretty long, so it's beyond stupid to make these stupid declarations after WEEK ONE.

Advertisement
Three games in. THREE GAMES IN. Idiocy knows no bounds on this board. This team won two out of three to start, with a fair amount of new pieces. Will they win the UF series? Maybe, maybe not, but the last time I checked, this season is pretty long, so it's beyond stupid to make these stupid declarations after WEEK ONE.

We will check in later to see how this post turns out.

Some of us recognize that 6 errors and 9 walks against an overmatched opponent isn't a great sign.

Avoid the movie "Tranny from Key West". About a concierge tranny who was never accepted growing up in Key West. She/he now works as a concierge saving money for the operation.

Some of us recognize that 6 errors and 9 walks against an overmatched opponent isn't a great sign.

The last time I checked, teams can have off nights, and can be pure garbage at times. Especially collegiate teams in WEEK ONE. Then again, when you spend your entire life looking for things to complain about, you'll take what you can get. Was this the best performance I've ever seen week 1? Nope, but I've also seen Miami teams beat the living **** out of Rutgers, and be mediocre the rest of the way. I've also seen the same program look mediocre against Rutgers and put it together as the season progressed. That's why making value judgments in WEEK ONE is a fool's errand. Call me at the end of the month, when we actually have a body of work to look at, before we start crapping on this squad.

Advertisement
cant expect Chester and Ruiz to be this bad going forward, both of them and Barr missed fall camp. got to be a little rusty. Now Im not sure what to say for the pitching, Mid-town needs to find it again and Cabezas looked off on Friday night

The last time I checked, teams can have off nights, and can be pure garbage at times. Especially collegiate teams in WEEK ONE. Then again, when you spend your entire life looking for things to complain about, you'll take what you can get. Was this the best performance I've ever seen week 1? Nope, but I've also seen Miami teams beat the living **** out of Rutgers, and be mediocre the rest of the way. I've also seen the same program look mediocre against Rutgers and put it together as the season progressed. That's why making value judgments in WEEK ONE is a fool's errand. Call me at the end of the month, when we actually have a body of work to look at, before we start crapping on this squad.

The concern is twofold.

One, we don't have difference makers. Sure, our players are legit D-1 guys and they all belong in the ACC. But we don't have a game changer on the entire roster. There isn't a lockdown ace and there isn't a hitter who can carry a game by himself.

Secondly, we're not young. That lineup yesterday was almost all juniors and seniors. We could stomach a step backwards if it was because we had to start a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. But the roster management has left us with guys like Michelangeli and Barr in the heart of the order.

The roster stinks. While you folks continue with the "we're fine, it's early" philosophy, don't forget who told you this was coming.

Advertisement
cant expect Chester and Ruiz to be this bad going forward, both of them and Barr missed fall camp. got to be a little rusty. Now Im not sure what to say for the pitching, Mid-town needs to find it again and Cabezas looked off on Friday night

As soon as I heard Midtown was the Sunday guy, I knew there was a problem with him.

Team isn't good by UM standards. UF series will be a bloodbath. Not much to discuss.

While we made the CWS the past two seasons, we weren't competitive in the CWS. The team is a shadow of what it was. Coach Morris has been a great coach for UM, but his time has passed. It's time to turn in a different direction.

While we made the CWS the past two seasons, we weren't competitive in the CWS. The team is a shadow of what it was. Coach Morris has been a great coach for UM, but his time has passed. It's time to turn in a different direction.

Oh ****. Look out.

Advertisement
Back