No Fear

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
I’m glad we got Clemson on their field. Get the boys ready for the ACC Championship game.

We should be confident because:

we have a legit QB who is a game changer

have the best TE in the country

have an OC that will get the ball in the hands of playmakers in space - play up tempo to make it much harder on the D

have an OL with much more experience than last year. Having 3 new starters including 2
True Frosh is a recipe for disaster. Especially in that terrible scheme.

have a field goal kicker that should be automatic from inside the 30!!! And also be able to hit those 50+ ones that are important in close games

have the best pass rush in the ACC - 4 legit freaks getting after the QB

last year our secondary was green - much more experience under their belt this season

Advertisement
I’m glad we got Clemson on their field. Get the boys ready for the ACC Championship game.

We should be confident because:

we have a legit QB who is a game changer

have the best TE in the country

have an OC that will get the ball in the hands of playmakers in space - play up tempo to make it much harder on the D

have an OL with much more experience than last year. Having 3 new starters including 2
True Frosh is a recipe for disaster. Especially in that terrible scheme.

have a field goal kicker that should be automatic from inside the 30!!! And also be able to hit those 50+ ones that are important in close games

have the best pass rush in the ACC - 4 legit freaks getting after the QB

last year our secondary was green - much more experience under their belt this season

Well. Our coaches are going to be putting in some overtime between now and then. And others will be putting in overtime as well.

Clemson is really good.

But they're not supermen.

Advertisement
These are the games that this program was built for. The bigger the stage, the better. We won’t reclaim our status by beating middling teams. Gotta play these games and show you belong. Haven’t seen the product on the field, obviously, but it seems better than what we had in 2017 and look what we did for 3/4 of that season.

Much will depend on timing of the game, but I like our chances this year. Can’t wait!!

Advertisement
The big question is when do we play them? Our team on week 2 may not be as good as week 10.

These are the games that this program was built for. The bigger the stage, the better. We won’t reclaim our status by beating middling teams. Gotta play these games and show you belong. Haven’t seen the product on the field, obviously, but it seems better than what we had in 2017 and look what we did for 3/4 of that season.

Much will depend on timing of the game, but I like our chances this year. Can’t wait!!
Good to know you're not soft like a lot of this fan base. They cry "I don't want to play Clemson, they will beat us." They are afraid of them.
I highly doubt App State was shaking in their cleats when they played Michigan. Nah, they were jacked up, ready to punch them in the face. Michigan was looking to cover a 40 point spread and found themselves in a fight they couldn't win.
So for all of the ***** fans claiming an L before we play the game......go hide under your bed until we're done.
Remember UGA got smacked by Georgia Southern. Ask VT about Old Dominion. I can go on and on. Point is that were not afraid. They suited up, played the games, and won.
So will we!

Advertisement
Good to know you're not soft like a lot of this fan base. They cry "I don't want to play Clemson, they will beat us." They are afraid of them.
I highly doubt App State was shaking in their cleats when they played Michigan. Nah, they were jacked up, ready to punch them in the face. Michigan was looking to cover a 40 point spread and found themselves in a fight they couldn't win.
So for all of the ***** fans claiming an L before we play the game......go hide under your bed until we're done.
Remember UGA got smacked by Georgia Southern. Ask VT about Old Dominion. I can go on and on. Point is that were not afraid. They suited up, played the games, and won.
So will we!
Didn't LSU lose to Troy year before they won NC?

Advertisement
We aren’t close to Clemson yet. On paper, we should be able to beat every other team we play with UNC as a toss up. Clemson will likely be 17 point home favorites. We need to beat everyone else

On paper, Miami had better odds than LSU to win the national championship last year.

So that LSU team, which obliterated Clemson, was considered to be less talented than Miami in 2019. It's amazing what a dynamic QB and a good OC can do for a team.

He gets open, and makes plays. TE size with receiver speed. He has not had the luxury of playing with a good qb yet, so that's why he goes invisible at times.
He certainly has some talent... but there have been vastly more productive TEs. Like many players over the years, he's not been very productive. Jeff Thomas had insane talent too.

On paper, Miami had better odds than LSU to win the national championship last year.

So that LSU team, which obliterated Clemson, was considered to be less talented than Miami in 2019. It's amazing what a dynamic QB and a good OC can do for a team.

I hope we have a Joe Burrow season from King, then

Advertisement
Back