No decision yet according to Golden

The NCAA is 20 months into this investigation, That's an unheard of time investigating events that have occurred and you know who the players are. At the very least they should give us a status on the investigation. This isn't criminal it's a rules violation that is meaningless outside of the constituency.
Exactly, no one was killed, get the thing over with.

Advertisement
The NCAA is 20 months into this investigation, That's an unheard of time investigating events that have occurred and you know who the players are. At the very least they should give us a status on the investigation. This isn't criminal it's a rules violation that is meaningless outside of the constituency.

All that time and money wasted for a couple bowl bans and some scholarship reductions. What a waste of time. All the while the NCAA knows this petty stuff happens at every big time school.

The universities should require the NCAA to complete investigations within a certain period of time - imo, 18 months, tops. This is unconscionable.

NCAA Enforcement is required to give UM status reports at least once every six months, beginning from the date the notice of inquiry was sent (which was August 2011 if I remember correctly).

To me that says, partially because of the Yahoo story, the NCAA wants to find enough to hammer us, but is having trouble.

Advertisement
It would be worse on team morale if you wait until after Duke, we win and then self-impose. Better to at least tell the team now the decision. Even better if it's "win vs. Duke and you go", "lose vs. Duke and we self-impose". But tell the team, not the media.

No it would be worse for team morale to impose now. If you wait till after the Duke game they have all off season to get right. you do it now and i guarantee we lose to Duke. See BC game last year

It would be worse on team morale if you wait until after Duke, we win and then self-impose. Better to at least tell the team now the decision. Even better if it's "win vs. Duke and you go", "lose vs. Duke and we self-impose". But tell the team, not the media.

No it would be worse for team morale to impose now. If you wait till after the Duke game they have all off season to get right. you do it now and i guarantee we lose to Duke. See BC game last year
Who cares if we lose to Duke if we self impose a bowl ban? Don't string the kids along and get their hopes up if we have no intent of playing in the ACCCG. That would be a pretty sh*tty thing to do.

Who cares if we lose to Duke if we self impose a bowl ban? Don't string the kids along and get their hopes up if we have no intent of playing in the ACCCG. That would be a pretty sh*tty thing to do.

They have to make a decision this week. One way or another.

They cannot wait until after Duke. Amateurish if they do.

If that's the case then why not say at the beginning of the season that you're forgoing all post season play?

My take on the matter, for what it's worth, is that Golden has stated numerous times that our goal this season is to win the Coastal. When we beat Duke on Saturday we will win the Coastal and achieve our goal. Shortly thereafter we will impose a bowl ban.

Advertisement

Not disputing the point, but why would it be amateurish to wait until the end of the regular season?

Not disputing the point, but why would it be amateurish to wait until the end of the regular season?

Because you don't string along the team like this. Golden is going to have to answer questions all week, and so will the players.

It's already a huge distraction, but it will just be amplified if they wait.

Advertisement

Because you don't string along the team like this. Golden is going to have to answer questions all week, and so will the players.

It's already a huge distraction, but it will just be amplified if they wait.

Right... so it would be better to tell them they have nothing to play for and let them (seniors, in particular) end the season with a loss to Duke like last year vs. BC? The players aren't infants. I'm sure they understand this may be their last game if no decision has been made by game time. If they win, then hear they are playing in the ACCCG, it will be a pleasant surprise. The important thing is to get the decision right. I don't pretend to know what that decision is -- I haven't been in contact with the NCAA on the matter and I doubt those of you calling for another ban have either.

Nobody who is coming back next year will tank the game against Duke, as they will be fighting for playing time if they do. That leaves the seniors...I think we'd be OK.

Nobody who is coming back next year will tank the game against Duke, as they will be fighting for playing time if they do. That leaves the seniors...I think we'd be OK.

No one is thinking anyone will "tank" the game. No one tanked the game last year against BC. What some guys didn't do last year vs. BC was give it their all. They went through the motions, just like they did against USF in '10 in the Shannon banner game.

Advertisement

You mean like at Notre Dame?

Would it be a positive if they dont impose? I am thinking if they dont impose then the lawyers and ncaa must be telling them some positives.

Given the history of this administration's decision making......I'd say it would be premature to assume off the bat that a decision to NOT self impose would indicate we are "free and clear".

Shalala may be a great president for the school...you'll get little argument from me there. She may be great at raising money...you get no argument from me there.

But we're talking about the same woman who

1. Hired Coker
2. Extended Coker
3. Hired Shannon
4. Extended Shannon

We're talking 4 of the worst decisions in the history of this program. I wouldn't put anything past this administration. I simply don't trust them when it comes to football related decisions.

ppl just find ways to blame somebody, especially Shalala.

No one is thinking anyone will "tank" the game. No one tanked the game last year against BC. What some guys didn't do last year vs. BC was give it their all. They went through the motions, just like they did against USF in '10 in the Shannon banner game.

Let me rephrase:
Nobody who is coming back next year will "go through the motions" against Duke, as they will be fighting for playing time if they do. That leaves the seniors...I think we'd be OK.

Advertisement
Back