No Character

Advertisement
Three of those four coaches either had or went on to win superbowl rings as head coaches or coordinators. The one who DIDNT oversaw the beginning of a decline in player focus (Dennis). Thanks for making my point.

And look how many NFL players the program produced, "good in-good out." They recruited those guys on a different basis; and, those guys valued the opportunity more in the days where that was a way out. Those were guys who understood the intangibles of true "talent," it's not only athletic ability. They didn't quit the team, they didn't need personal time off, they weren't primadonnas with street-agents starting in Pop Warner. Man if you can't see it, you just can't.

I said coaching was a problem. But in fairness: Coaching was adequate enough in the Florida game: it was a dropped TD, a muffed Punt, stupid penalties, team tackling, and bad kicking ALL EXECUTION ISSUES that cost us a great start to a season.

We were in the position to win in all our early losses, but execution failed. Coming off bye weeks were primarily Coaching. As the year wore on, against worseining talent,our losses were not going to the last possession, which is effort-related.

SO, MANNY DIAZ OPENLY ALLOWED THESE SELF-ANOINTED “TEAM LEADERS” TO CONVENIENTLY OPT OUT OF A MEANINGLESS BOWL GAME...I THINK NOT....BUT THE PLAYERS ARE DOING IT ANYWAY...

SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT’S STOPPING THEM FROM JUST SANDBAGGIN’ THEIR WAY THRU MEANINGLESS GAMES IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND GETTING ALL JACKED UP FOR HIGH PROFILE GAMES / HIGHLIGHT CLIPS FOR NATIONAL PUBLICITY..?

ANSWER: NOTHING!!

...AND ALL JUST FOR A SHOT AT THE COMBINE...

SO MANY FANS ARE QUICK TO CRANK UP THAT COACHING CAROUSEL EVERY 2-3 YEARS FOR SOMETHING THE COACHES CAN’T CONTROL...

I ABSOLUTELY RECALL MANNY DIAZ STATING THIS PAST YEAR THAT THE CULTURE OF THIS PROGRAM HAD TO CHANGE (ie; No Character) AND IT STARTED WITH FLUSHING THIS PROGRAM OF THOSE JUST LOOKING FOR A FREE TO RIDE TO THE NEXT LEVEL...

HATE HIM OR LOVE HIM, BUT MANNY IS THE CLOSEST COACH WE’VE HAD IN A WHILE THAT KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS THE CULTURE / CHARACTER THAT PUT THIS PROGRAM ON THE MAP....

Coaching has been a major issue. But I still say if you're defending the players, you never played the game. When you sign it becomes your program - your house - your legacy.

When you take the field, your team’s collective effort and execution is what decides the game. If you take plays off like 4th and 17 or don’t cover a fake punt, you aren’t executing.

Players don't take a field to be embarrassed by sub-par teams. Those are teams on the schedule you look to beat the dog **** out of and pad stats; like CANES Teams used to. If A GT happens more than once in a season, you have a huge problem on your hands.

That kind of talk the OP reports from veterans, says everything you need to know. The staff failed at instituting accountability, the Seniors who've been in the program from the start, have no leadership skills (Sad that 1st year Cane, KJ showed more leadership with his play then you saw from the entire D). So, they’re already making excuses for losing.

This is an unprecedented low in Miami Football, the players bear equal responsibility for it. Players play, losers lose.
Exactly. If you can't take pride in your own performance, and feel the need to perform so as to not let your teammates down, you have no business playing any sport at anything beyond the rec-league level.

Advertisement
Back