No Canes on preseason first team All-ACC

100% correct at every position. grow up you losers. stacey coley lmao people are saying stacey coley should be higher? are you people dumb or delusional.

Advertisement
that's pathetic in some ways after 5 years and a staff that has stayed together this long has NO Pre-season players on the first team

My take is we have 11 good players on each side for the first time...not 2 or 3 great players and 8 or 9 jags....

11 good players anything can happen..

you want to see how good we are lets see how special teams are on the first kick off or punt coverage that will show your depth and speed.

Speed is what scares me about this team the most.

espn thinks we will have a great turnaround this year, canesinsight say otherwise lol. Seriously Miami has the talent to win big but only if golden gets his head out of his A55 and stops being stubborn...

that's pathetic in some ways after 5 years and a staff that has stayed together this long has NO Pre-season players on the first team

My take is we have 11 good players on each side for the first time...not 2 or 3 great players and 8 or 9 jags....

11 good players anything can happen..

you want to see how good we are lets see how special teams are on the first kick off or punt coverage that will show your depth and speed.

Speed is what scares me about this team the most.

I agree with u...

I can't stress enough that the difference between a 4.6 40 and a 4.3 is about 12 inches and there are different kinds of speed.

First 15 yards kind of speed - Peter Warrick
10-25 yds - Jerry Rice
20 - infinity - Devin Hester

All three types in one - Chris Johnson Dorsett are RARE

Plus variables depending on the situation like a deep ball, chase down on a run etc...

Good coaches work hard on pursuit angles

Advertisement
Okay. I'm a loud basher of the state of the program and the coaching staff but these evaluations are ridiculous.

Brad Kaaya is not the fourth best QB in the ACC. He's worlds better than Williams and Thomas combined and I think Watson is better only because he's such a better runner.

Yearby and Edwards at 11th and 12th? Come on. They're both better all the way to just before Hilliman.

Coley at 8 is a lowball too. He sucked last year but he's right on par with Scott.

Lord give me strength for this one. Herndon at 8th doesn't even make sense because he isn't even the starter (or have any major reps in game that I can remember) and not even having Standish on the list is laughable. He's better than all of these jabronis especially Hodges who if you remember in our game this year the announcers were blowing because of what a big, elite athlete he is and low and behold he did nothing in our game (and most of the season) save for one impressive catch.

Deon is better than Cash and Kearse when he's healthy. I'll concede that Blanding is better (and by a stretch) but fourth place is insane.

The other positions are by and large correct. Not enough evidence for the OL to be much higher except Nick Linder and the LB's I guess could be a little higher but that's it. The D-Linemen are about right. But the other positions and how low they are makes me question this list. Brad at 4? No Standish? Come on.

You're sleeping on Justin Thomas. Kaaya is clearly a better thrower. But for what GT asks Thomas to do he does it almost flawlessly. There's a reason they won 11 games last year, and it's because Thomas runs that offense to perfection.

No doubt about that, but does that make Thomas the second best QB in the ACC or just the RB on GT who throws a little bit?

It makes him a great QB for the team he plays for which is all that matters in college.

So basically what Bob Griese was to the Dolphins and what Joe Kapp was to the Vikings. I guy who handed it off or ran and occasionally threw the ball every 3 games?

No. You're being a smart guy now, which usually means the conversation is dying. But if you think that a triple option QB only has to hand the ball off and stand around and throw it a couple times per game you don't get it.

Finding a great triple option QB is just as hard as finding a guy who does what Kaaya does. The split second decision making without turning the ball over regularly is a very difficult thing to master.

If it was easy to find those guys then Johnson would win 10 or 11 every year and his offense would look exactly the same as it does with Thomas running it. Reality is he's been running that offense for the 8 years or so he's been there, and this guy runs it better than anyone he's had there.

You're sleeping on Justin Thomas. Kaaya is clearly a better thrower. But for what GT asks Thomas to do he does it almost flawlessly. There's a reason they won 11 games last year, and it's because Thomas runs that offense to perfection.

No doubt about that, but does that make Thomas the second best QB in the ACC or just the RB on GT who throws a little bit?

It makes him a great QB for the team he plays for which is all that matters in college.

So basically what Bob Griese was to the Dolphins and what Joe Kapp was to the Vikings. I guy who handed it off or ran and occasionally threw the ball every 3 games?

No. You're being a smart guy now, which usually means the conversation is dying. But if you think that a triple option QB only has to hand the ball off and stand around and throw it a couple times per game you don't get it.

Finding a great triple option QB is just as hard as finding a guy who does what Kaaya does. The split second decision making without turning the ball over regularly is a very difficult thing to master.

If it was easy to find those guys then Johnson would win 10 or 11 every year and his offense would look exactly the same as it does with Thomas running it. Reality is he's been running that offense for the 8 years or so he's been there, and this guy runs it better than anyone he's had there.

I'm flattered you think I'm a smart guy.

And my evaluation is based on the complete idea of a what a QB is: Somebody who has to both throw and run. And handing the ball off and throwing it a couple of times is exactly what Thomas does. Just because, as you said, he makes correct split second decisions without turning it over and runs the offense better than anyone since Johnson has been at GT doesn't make him a great QB. It makes a great and smart runner.

I don't know how hard it is to find this vaunted triple option guy since only GT and Navy run it so it isn't exactly an in-demand position and that alone makes it harder to find one whereas an elite pocket passer is in demand by almost everybody. If you have more rush attempts than passing attempts in modern football, you are a RB who is listed as a QB on a piece of paper and because your scheme calls for that doesn't somehow make you an actual better QB than others. He's a great runner, smart, and not a great QB because he can't pass at all. But in fairness, he isn't asked to and he does win but that doesn't automatically warrant an all-ACC preseason selection.

I will say this. Pre season rankings mean little to me. ANY of them. Post season rankings are all that matter.

Advertisement
Back