No Canes in the new Rivals 100, give me a break...

theuksu

Redshirt Freshman
this is getting old. ND a big subscription base school has 5 players in the top 100 and I wouldn't take ANY of them over our commits (assuming we get Thomas, our equivalent to ND's Smith).

Advertisement
this is getting old. ND a big subscription base school has 5 players in the top 100 and I wouldn't take ANY of them over our commits (assuming we get Thomas, our equivalent to ND's Smith).

When we land Thomas and Coley we will have2

Validation comes during and after the games are played on the field.

Advertisement
If you really care about star rankings you deserve to be miserable.

LOL

Standish Dobard USED to be the top player in LA

AJL was a top 50 player last year

Keith Bryant is on EVERYBODY's top 5 DT's list

Kevin Olsen is one of the top QB's in the nation

Gotta love these sites. Who cares. We know we got ballers.

My point was a little respect would be nice. In regards to star rankings, check out the rankings for the teams playing for a national championship...4 and 5 star players!

Advertisement
Somebody once said about Rivals: "it doesn't take a high iq to post here...just a credit card."

So remember that when these sites are making rankings, they are doing so to sell their product to an (IMO) uneducated customer base. Having all the top prospects committed doesn't make for an "exciting" product.

Rivals is a Nole based site. I haven't seen the list, but I'm sure Collins has skyrocketed since he's stronger to the Noles recently. Nothing to see there.

My point was a little respect would be nice. In regards to star rankings, check out the rankings for the teams playing for a national championship...4 and 5 star players!

Read the post 2 above yours. These lists are not only made by unqualified amateurs they are ADMITTEDLY corrupt.

Advertisement
I agree that stars aren't dispositive, but I recall a former Grassy poster putting out star rating analyses showing that, in fact, the success ratio for more highly-ranked prospects is significantly higher. That said, we're not going to be bringing in a bunch of "list" guys until we're out of the sanctions weeds. We need, in this class and the next, to nail our evaluations and uncover all of the best, under-the-radar local talent. I'm confident we'll do fine.

No top 100 guys yet, but that list changes atleast one more time, and on top of that we have a bunch of guys in the top 250.

Advertisement
I actually tend to use 247sports, ESPN, Rivals, Scout in that order.

Rivals is losing their moxy as a reliable "rankings" site.

Advertisement
Back