No BS...What is the magic number for Golden???

TAMPA_CANE

Redshirt Freshman
Im strictly talking about how many wins to keep his job for 2016. Take all your hate for the man, the admin, etc. and put it to the side...whats the true number?

I think it is 7.5...I think 7 wins and under he is out, 8 wins and he gets another year.

I guess the other question is - is there really a magic number or does it depend on other things - i.e. who did he beat, how did the team improve, etc..?

Advertisement
In the real world it would be 9 or 10. However, UM has demonstrated that they aren't operating in the real world when it comes to D1 football, so it's probably 7 - maybe even 6.

I need to see some improvement. Anything less than 7 wins, and I'm going to start questioning whether Coach Golden is the right fit.

My guess is there is no magic number. But if the Canes only win 8 they better have finished the season strong or Al will probably be gone.

My guess is there is no magic number. But if the Canes only win 8 they better have finished the season strong or Al will probably be gone.

Agree with this, he needs to beat a team he's not supposed to beat and finish the season strong, otherwise I doubt he returns.

Advertisement
8-4 with a W over FSU he keeps his job depending on the bowl game. 8-4 L to FSU he loses his job before the bowl. 9-3 or better regardless he keeps his job. 7-5 or worse he loses his job.

But I know the admin is probably not as demanding as I am. Once you count in all of Golden's off the field wins in the classroom and community and other things he is exactly what they are looking for.

I have said 8 is the worst number we can have, because I think he keeps his job with 8 wins. Of course, it would depend on the losses. If we get absolutely mauled in those 4 losses it could be his undoing. If we go 7-5 I think he's gone even if he beats FSU. If he beats FSU, why lose 5 other games? 9 wins and I think he's safe.

Hey man it's his second year post cloud, he just needs time to re-build.

Goldie Locks should be out of here for anything less than 10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG.

Advertisement
Golden's magic number is whatever his buyout will be once he gets fired at some point this season.

8 wins and our loser BOT probably keep him around for another year. Outside chance that some other dumbass school hires him away from us.

7 or fewer wins and I would really hope that they pulled the trigger.

Advertisement
Nothing less than a trip to the ACCCG. However, I see this team finishing last in the coastal.

Advertisement
The only magic number that matters is his buyout, which we don't know for sure, but my guess is that its about $2.5 million after the 2015 season.

On the flip side, what if he makes it to the ACCCG with a 7-5 record, which is a distinct possibility?
Nothing less than a trip to the ACCCG. However, I see this team finishing last in the coastal.

Advertisement
Back