No better sign of a well-coached D than ...

We need to start playing nickel and dime. We were trying to play base D v 3 and 4 wide. We started matching up in the second half and it stopped

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Less so against Duke, though. They seem to like to line up in 3 WR sets and run the football (which is clearly their strength). Against Duke's 3 WR sets, I have way less problems with us lining up in a base 43. 4 WR sets are a different story.

I think too much is being focused on how well they passed, while overlooking how often they had to pass. I know Toledo gets all their hype for their passing game, but they actually run the ball over 60% of the time, and they use that to set up a lot of chunk pass plays. Normally, their run/pass balance is about 45/30 and they have a sizable yards per pass average. Against us, their balance was 35/50 run/pass, and they only gained 98 yards on those 35 rushes. And they only averaged 6.8 yards per pass. Did we dominate like I hoped we would? No. But we defended their offense better than anyone has recently, as we should have considering the talent disparity. Was it really realistic to expect domination, especially from a secondary as young and inexperienced as ours against an offense, not a team--just the offense, as good as Toledo's?

I'm very concerned about the secondary moving forward, BUT against Toledo Miami had some busted coverages that really hurt in that game SO I really believe that can be fix.. I really liked the way the team came out in the 2nd half and showed that the staff is more than capable of adjusting and making changes, BUT we definitely need to fix the problems our secondary is having on those busted coverages!! And when it comes to miss tackles, I'm sorry BUT that is on the players!! I saw a lot of those, and it was crazy because the players that we expect to be sure tacklers had a few miss tackles, I personally think it had something to do with the lay off BC in the 2nd half we didn't see much mistakes from the defense..

I really believe Friday is more of a statement game for Miami!! I just think this is the game our Canes show up and handle business, I think it is the game where our DEFENSE has to be sound and the offense has to be sharp.. Duke is one of those teams that will not give up and they will bring it every play, I just want to see our Canes dominate this game from start to finish..

It’s a win stop Criticizing a win y’all canes fan are so negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back