Nnamdi Ogboko 2024 NT as a UM Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
Nnamdi Ogboko is a 6'4" 340lbs 2024 NT currently committed to UGA, but is a soft commit looking around, ND is putting a hard press on thiss young man who is new to football having only played 2 years in North Carolina. He would undoubtedly be a package deal with his 2026 4* Oline younger brother, (Ekene Ogboko, a 6-6, 295-pound sophomore) so UM could be a very enticing landing spot for the family.

Coach Salave'a has been quietly working on Nnamdi. Nnamdi has taken visits after his UGA commitment which surely doesn't sit well with folks in Athens, GA, hence why they have recently accepted a new DT commitment.

Senior year highlights

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nnamdi Ogboko is a 6'4" 340lbs 2024 NT currently committed to UGA, but is a soft commit looking around, ND is putting a hard press on thiss young man who is new to football having only played 2 years in North Carolina. He would undoubtedly be a package deal with his 2026 4* Oline younger brother, (Ekene Ogboko, a 6-6, 295-pound sophomore) so UM could be a very enticing landing spot for the family.

Coach Salave'a has been quietly working on Nnamdi. Nnamdi has taken visits after his UGA commitment which surely doesn't sit well with folks in Athens, GA, hence why they have recently accepted a new DT commitment.

Senior year highlights

Go Canes

Salavea is on it?

samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

These are the kind of kids that need to start popping for us along with heavy portal for 2024.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So are you saying that Coach Salave'a hasn't recruited Ogboko, if so then directly say it and stand on your statement once do! Otherwise keep your passive aggressive bs comments to yourself. Oh an happy Thanksgiving.

Go Canes

Ya that's what I am saying

And I'm asking you to show proof that you know he is. Simple stuff here.

"Has been quietly working"…Lol come on man.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Senior year highlights

Go Canes

As much as I love CIS and would never go anywhere else, there are a few things that drive me crazy about this board. One of them being the lack of substantive responses in certain threads with this thread being a perfect example.

@Paranos starts a good very relevant thread about a DT/NT prospect with very good film that we may have a shot at and outside maybe one response, the rest have nothing to do with Nnamdi Ogboko, what his film looks like, or any questions about a potential visit etc. Just a bunch of clowning around. I love joking, memes and clowning around as much as the next guy as long as it's within the boundaries of the thread topic. A few exceptions apply but I think I've been clear. I'm scrolling down the entire thread and not one bit of discussion about the prospect outside of @canesbaby and his comment and I think that's a shame. I've got no problem with anyone who posted on this thread on an individual basis. I'm just putting this out there because it needs to be said.

@Paranos is always looking for kids like this to bring to the board for discussion and this is usually how those thread go. I have zero problem with good natured ball busting or clowning someone once in a while but for crying out loud at least add something relevant to the topic either in the same post or in a separate post. It will make threads so much better to read and will make this an even better forum. End of rant.

Regarding Ogboko, I really like this kid. Great size at 6'4 340 lbs and shows good functional strength and athleticism for his size. Will certainly benefit from a P5 S&C program as I'm sure that he can drop some bad weight and gain more strength, explosiveness and endurance. The staff did a great job with Anez Cooper who came in even bigger IIRC. IMO Ogboko could be used anywhere from a 0 tech to a 2 tech and that is something this defense is in desperate need of especially with the likely dismissal of Jamil Burroughs and the possible loss of Leonard Taylor to the NFL draft.

In terms of our interest, I'm not sure whether to be relieved, excited or concerned about coach Salave'a's potential involvement. What I am absolutely sure about is that Ogboko is a prospect who should pursued to the fullest extent of our ability. His highlight film is impressive and the fact that he is a Georgia commit who is being heavily pursued by Notre Dame should tell you everything you need to know about him. As if that weren't enough Ogboko plays the position(DT/NT) where we have the most pressing need outside of QB. Then the cherry on top is that if we can sign Nnamdi Ogboko, his brother Ekene Ogboko will almost certainly come here. I'm sure the staff would be ok with a 4 star OL who is 6'6" 295 as a sophomore.

It's no secret that DT recruiting has been atrocious with one whiff after another. We may have set our sights a bit too high at this stage in Mario's tenure here where we haven't yet found consistent success on the field but that's a subject for another day. Whatever the case, what we need to do now is finish out this DT class as well as possible. We have Artavious Jones as a commitment and we need to keep him anyway humanly possible plus find a way to add at the very least 1 more HS DT but preferably 2. Ogboko and a big time flip at the position would be an incredible finish for what has been an extremely disappointing recruiting campaign at DT. Add 2-3 portal DTs and we could salvage that position for 2024.

Last edited:
I know it’s a relatively new high school but these guys who write for Rivals, On3, 247, etc. have no idea what they are talking about. ND writers think his D line coach is the HC. I’ve seen UGA writers mention how great his HC is with D lineman, but his HC is an O line guy.

I would bet on his little brother being way more developed when his time comes than this kid will be when he steps on someone’s campus next year. He’s got a ton of bad weight on him.

As much as I love CIS and would never go anywhere else, there are a few things that drive me crazy about this board. One of them being the lack of substantive responses in certain threads with this thread being a perfect example.

@Paranos starts a good very relevant thread about a DT/NT prospect with very good film that we may have a shot at and outside maybe one response, the rest have nothing to do with Nnamdi Ogboko, what his film looks like, or any questions about a potential visit etc. Just a bunch of clowning around. I love joking, memes and clowning around as much as the next guy as long as it's within the boundaries of the thread topic. A few exceptions apply but I think I've been clear. I'm scrolling down the entire thread and not one bit of discussion about the prospect outside of @canesbaby and his comment and I think that's a shame. I've got no problem with anyone who posted on this thread on an individual basis. I'm just putting this out there because it needs to be said.

@Paranos is always looking for kids like this to bring to the board for discussion and this is usually how those thread go. I have zero problem with good natured ball busting or clowning someone once in a while but for crying out loud at least add something relevant to the topic either in the same post or in a separate post. It will make threads so much better to read and will make this an even better forum. End of rant.

Regarding Ogboko, I really like this kid. Great size at 6'4 340 lbs and shows good functional strength and athleticism for his size. Will certainly benefit from a P5 S&C program as I'm sure that he can drop some bad weight and gain more strength, explosiveness and endurance. The staff did a great job with Anez Cooper who came in even bigger IIRC. IMO Ogboko could be used anywhere from a 0 tech to a 2 tech and that is something this defense is in desperate need of especially with the likely dismissal of Jamil Burroughs and the possible loss of Leonard Taylor to the NFL draft.

In terms of our interest, I'm not sure whether to be relieved, excited or concerned about coach Salave'a's potential involvement. What I am absolutely sure about is that Ogboko is a prospect who should pursued to the fullest extent of our ability. His highlight film is impressive and the fact that he is a Georgia commit who is being heavily pursued by Notre Dame should tell you everything you need to know about him. As if that weren't enough Ogboko plays the position(DT/NT) where we have the most pressing need outside of QB. Then the cherry on top is that if we can sign Nnamdi Ogboko, his brother Ekene Ogboko will almost certainly come here. I'm sure the staff would be ok with a 4 star OL who is 6'6" 295 as a sophomore.

It's no secret that DT recruiting has been atrocious with one whiff after another. We may have set our sights a bit too high at this stage in Mario's tenure here where we haven't yet found consistent success on the field but that's a subject for another day. Whatever the case, what we need to do now is finish out this DT class as well as possible. We have Artavious Jones as a commitment and we need to keep him anyway humanly possible plus find a way to add at the very least 1 more HS DT but preferably 2. Ogboko and a big time flip at the position would be an incredible finish for what has been an extremely disappointing recruiting campaign at DT. Add 2-3 portal DTs and we could salvage that position for 2024.
This is what CIS has become. I'm just glad 80% of them don't actually go to the games.

Advertisement
Back