Njoku loves his official visit to UM

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
This weekend, Miami hosted a few of their remaining 2014 targets on official visits. One of those prospects was athlete David Njoku from Cedar Grove, New Jersey.

Njoku, who de-committed from Rutgers in mid-October, was looking forward to his first visit to Coral Gables and see what Miami had to offer.

"It was awesome and I just had a great weekend you know. I just really enjoyed it," Njoku said.

Since this was his first time visiting the campus, Njoku had a lot of questions to be answered. One of the highlights of his weekend was meeting the 'Canes football family.

"I think meeting with the coaches and all the players finally was definitely a great experience," Njoku said.

"Coach (Al) Golden was telling me if I go (to Miami), that I could make an immediate change, and make it a lot better. He kept saying there is no better place than Miami with the good weather all year round you know. It was a great experience and I am definitely thinking about becoming a Hurricane," Njoku said.

Going into his visit, Njoku said he want to find a place where he could call home for the next four to five years. After his visit, he feels Miami could definitely be that place.

Also taking official visits this weekend were fellow New Jersey stars, safety Kiy Hester, and commit defensive tackle Courtel Jenkins.

"I was with Kiy Hester and Courtel Jenkins a lot of the weekend. I was also with my host Ufomba Kalamu, Ray Lewis III and DJ (Duke Johnson)," Njoku said.

All in all it was a tremendous visit for Njoku. He left campus very thrilled and impressed by what he called: "All the great guys and awesome leaders."

Miami is looking to be in very good shape for this playmaker from the Garden State.

**Njoku still is planning an Ohio State visit for sometime in January.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know this has nothing to do with this topic but I'm watching this Maurice Claurette 30 for 30 and it just broke my heart re-watching plays from that 2003 fiesta bowl.

the play in overtime when the qb snapped the ball 3 seconds after the play clock expired followed by the bogus pass interference. to this day it disgusts me.

Advertisement
One question, why would you set up Njoku with Kamalu a defensive lineman for the weekend. Ray Lewis I understand and Duke I dont understand because he cant even get from point A to B yet. Shouldn't he have been with a receiver or another offensive player. Maybe Njoku is *****ian as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back