NJIT vs Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn‘t watch but appreciate all the updates and thoughts in here for those who didn’t see the game. (y)

1699322229873.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
- Cleveland and Omier combined for 36, 20, and 8. Both had double doubles and looked dominant. Cleveland is a great addition, while Omier looks even better than last season
- Wooga is a star in the making
- kind of a quiet night for Joseph
- Quiet night for Pack offensively, but 9 assists. He’s improved as a floor general
- Casey got off to a bit of a shaky start but really settled in as the game wore on. He’s going to be an important piece for us this season. He just needs to consistently play with confidence
- Really liked what I saw out of Nwoko. Big and physical
- Watson is still finding his role but I liked what I saw from him overall
- George struggled in his debut but man is he impressive physically. I think it’ll take him some time to acclimate first
- Robinson and Djobet should provide decent emergency depth if we ever need it

Overall, this team looks deep and extremely athletic. I loved the pace we play with, we never let up. This is going to be a really fun team to watch.

Advertisement
I know it’s just NJIT but almost everything we predicted showed up tonight. The exception was George never looked comfortable. He never found a rhythm and had some bad TO’s. But he is a true freshman so we are just at the beginning of his journey with Coach L. Watson also did not do much more than last season whereas Casey seems to have made more progress. Watson almost pigeon holes himself as a 3 point shooter but he can be much more.

The starters are really good. Joseph looks really comfortable shooting the 3. He shot a high percentage last season but his shooting was a bonus. This season his shooting will be needed as Pack will receive a lot of attention.
Some of this is simple. Pack is still a really good shooter but looks like he will have more assists this season and play on ball more. Omier is still a beast but with much improved ball handling. Both guys seem like they have really taken to heart what they learned at the NBA draft combine. Cleveland is so much more comfortable in this up and down offense than he was at FSU,. This was the Matt Cleveland I watched in high school.
And Wooga is the most NBA ready player on the Court. He does everything well and his jump shot is perfect.

Enjoy the season folks. This team is really, really good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back