Nil

Ich gartenplaner GIF by OBI Baumarkt

Up there. Read up there

Advertisement
Nobody, I don't care what school it is, can afford to pay players millions of dollars consistently with no return and a massive amount of risk. You can't have your first year college QB, straight out of high school, making as much as the first round pick in the NFL draft. It's madness. Especially when some of those guys start being busts.

The guys who deserve millions are a handful of players that are recognizable throughout the country and very good, established players. Reggie Bush type players.

What's going to happen is the initial craze will die down and the actual market value will be determined when people, like Ruiz said, realize there's not much you can recoup. I think in a few years most of these players are going to end up seeing significantly less than they're seeing now.

I promise you many, many people across the country right now are having the same thoughts as Ruiz. And the ones that aren't won't last very long.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But the economics are the same for everybody.
Lambert said the same thing after his one year doing it. it isnt sustainable unless its a collective. also, Ruiz said he wouldn't stop but I doubt you'll see as many deals as he did this year

Advertisement
Lol it's pretty funny how a bunch of you have only now realized rich businessmen do business to make money.
this was always it lol. sure Ruiz loves UM but he only loves it to a certain point. at the end of the day, he needs to see returns. I also thought I read that he was using his set aside marketing budget for these deals and it makes sense for him to not have as high of a budget since he accomplished what he set out to do by making his company known

The most ironic thing about all this is for the majority of these kids the peak of their exposure is before they even sign and they're deciding. If you were unaffiliated with a University and actually trying to make money your best bet would be to sponsor these kids while they're deciding on a school. If the kid tweeted out, "Here are my top 5 schools brought to you by Generic Company", "join me on my signing day sponsored by Generic Company", that's probably a good business decision both ways.

I mean, if you look at this site, the vast majority of thread volume comes from recruiting and updates on recruits. Tweets are constantly being posted and seen.

Advertisement
Hmm Im reading this another way and its not negative....

Ive noticed hes been less and less vocal on social media which also isnt negative...

Wondering if a meeting occurred between him and Mario and he asked him to tone it down.

Advertisement
Back