NIL = Wins?

Advertisement
same thing in Tijuana. you're not necessarily going to get a better BJ by a 100 peso hooker
instead of the 10 peso chiquitas.
Yea… though there’s exceptions, it’s like $8M/yr doesn’t necessarily buy you exceptional coaching… unless it’s based strictly on a long term return without any guarantees.

Advertisement
I think Dennis Dodd had too many martinis when he wrote this... Bill O'Reilly could school him on style.
But I get his point... and the message is NIL doesn't translate to on field performance. I guess now we're going to need pay for play bonuses to motivate.
Its tricky actually. I could have this totally wrong, but to me, the whole NIL deal seems to have put the reward before performance. The young minds don’t as yet, have the equation of life down, where you get rewarded for your performance. Mental maturity is key. NFL rookies have a four-year performance to show why they’re worth what they’re being offered (with contractual expectations to be met), but college freshmen really don’t have a sound basis, except for their fledgling talent (and young minds that don’t have a grasp on responsibility), which can go south anytime they’re mentally misguided. We see that now on Saturdays.

Advertisement
same thing in Tijuana. you're not necessarily going to get a better BJ by a 100 peso hooker
instead of the 10 peso chiquitas.
tommy-boy-spend-it-on-the-whores.gif

Its tricky actually. I could have this totally wrong, but to me, the whole NIL deal seems to have put the reward before performance. The young minds don’t as yet, have the equation of life down, where you get rewarded for your performance. Mental maturity is key. NFL rookies have a four-year performance to show why they’re worth what they’re being offered (with contractual expectations to be met), but college freshmen really don’t have a sound basis, except for their fledgling talent (and young minds that don’t have a grasp on responsibility), which can go south anytime they’re mentally misguided. We see that now on Saturdays.
Absolutely. The old argument that was made before NIL was that these young men were receiving scholarships worth many tens of thousands to selectively get a chance to showcase their talents to the scouts... and those who didn't go pro would have a degree (lol, like criminal justice) to fall back on... it worked for years didn't it.
But it's hard to sell that argument when college endowments and ticket sales and NCAA protected merchandize sales were out of control astronomic.
Now what do we do? What's plan B?

Absolutely. The old argument that was made before NIL was that these young men were receiving scholarships worth many tens of thousands to selectively get a chance to showcase their talents to the scouts... and those who didn't go pro would have a degree (lol, like criminal justice) to fall back on... it worked for years didn't it.
But it's hard to sell that argument when college endowments and ticket sales and NCAA protected merchandize sales were out of control astronomic.
Now what do we do? What's plan B?
I don’t think there ever was/is a plan B, not that I have heard or read about. Perhaps there is. Just thinking out loud (typing), perhaps the NIL could be structured to escalate per performance, but then we’re entering a “Pay for play“ territory, aren’t we? Unless the courts say something about this, this is where we are.

Advertisement
article means nothing
BAMA and UGA have the best team money can buy
yes there are outliers like texas am
but at baseline u need the investment whether with legal or under the table money to obtain talent
and u need money to hire the staff to coach them up

Yeah, I agree. Not sure how long NIL contracts are going for these days, but if you suck, you shouldn't be re-upped if you will. NIL is a good concept for sure, but some of it needs to be corrected. Like any open market, things will probably correct over time. If I'm an investor, I definitely expect some sort of return on investment. In this case, it's gotta be player/team performance 🤔🤔🤔

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back