NIL Rankings

The most important list going forward. OSU is claiming they're number 1.

A total of 220 student-athletes have engaged in 608 reported NIL activities with a total compensation value of $2.98 million. All three figures rank No. 1 nationally, according to Opendorse, the cutting edge services company hired by Ohio State to help its student-athletes with education and resource opportunities to maximize their
NIL earning potential.

I'm skeptical of their claim to the top spot, but at least we know what we're up against. Would love to see an actual ranking of schools NIL annual revenue going forward.

Advertisement

A total of 220 student-athletes have engaged in 608 reported NIL activities with a total compensation value of $2.98 million. All three figures rank No. 1 nationally, according to Opendorse, the cutting edge services company hired by Ohio State to help its student-athletes with education and resource opportunities to maximize their
NIL earning potential.

I'm skeptical of their claim to the top spot, but at least we know what we're up against. Would love to see an actual ranking of schools NIL annual revenue going forward.
This is likely close to the truth, but it flat out says “according to the company OSU hired” they’re #1. Opendorse is incentivized to make it look like they’re a “cutting edge services company”

This is likely close to the truth, but it flat out says “according to the company OSU hired” they’re #1. Opendorse is incentivized to make it look like they’re a “cutting edge services company”
Hence a bit of my skepticism.

But schools like Texas and OSU w those mammoth Athletic Departments will always be near the top. ATM as well, which just overtook UCF as the largest University enrollment wise in the nation.

With so much legal uncertainty around NIL still (re the boundaries and limitations), I bet a lot of schools are hush hush about current NIL deals/offers, which makes it hard to determine which schools are shelling out the most cash.

Advertisement
Hence a bit of my skepticism.

But schools like Texas and OSU w those mammoth Athletic Departments will always be near the top. ATM as well, which just overtook UCF as the largest University enrollment wise in the nation.
Yeah I don’t think this is an outright lie or anything. It’s likely close to the truth.

NIL earning potential.

Let's say you cap-out the football team at 85 and men's hoops at 15. That's 120 other Taint athletes with NIL deals. It's impressive, and also suspect, but I admire what the Taint boosters are doing there.

I'm happy that the athletes are benefitting, even if I doubt that there 120 Taint athletes that move the "endorsement" needle beyond football and men's basketball players.

aTm has claimed they’ve spent between 25-30 million this year on future NIL contracts so the Bucknuts 3 million claim seems like pocket change in comparison…

Also it’s said Bryce Young made 1.8 million last year so you telling the rest of that team made less than 1.2 combined ?

Doubt that..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back