NIL is already paying off!

Advertisement
And it hasn't even started yet lol. Expect these type of classes at Miami for years to come over the SEC schools. USC will benefit as well.

Please stop all this madness.

The school can't offer money. The school can't set up the deals. The NCAA is going to scrutinize THE FVCK out of every deal.

Let's not forget. We can now offer these players AMAZING brand new dorm rooms on the lake, and they don't have to do a single NIL deal for that. It's free.

Yes, NIL will help, over time. It's not going to be huge piles of money, certainly not at the outset and certainly not for true freshmen. We can hope that it does provide an ongoing recruiting advantage, but we're not there yet. Or maybe that's good, because "perception is reality".

Let's just not run off fantasizing about 6-figure endorsement deals quite yet.

Advertisement

The school can't offer money. The school can't set up the deals. The NCAA is going to scrutinize THE FVCK out of every deal.

Let's not forget. We can now offer these players AMAZING brand new dorm rooms on the lake, and they don't have to do a single NIL deal for that. It's free.

Yes, NIL will help, over time. It's not going to be huge piles of money, certainly not at the outset and certainly not for true freshmen. We can hope that it does provide an ongoing recruiting advantage, but we're not there yet. Or maybe that's good, because "perception is reality".

Who said anything about money? They could do commercials for real estate companies and get their parents a house. Or car commercials to get him a different whip every month. Or a deal with a restaurant where they eat free. Its other ways around whats about to happen than money, which I'm sure will be included somehow as well.

Thanks TOC I thought I’d missed something.I know the law had been passed but wasn’t aware it had been put into practice...you guys know I’m old and have a tendency to miss a day or two here and there but I don’t normally miss **** this big...lol...I was like **** we allowed to set up things for money already?

Thought I’d really missed a few weeks.

Who said anything about money? They could do commercials for real estate companies and get their parents a house. Or car commercials to get him a different whip every month. Or a deal with a restaurant where they eat free. Its other ways around whats about to happen than money, which I'm sure will be included somehow as well.

Are you ******* kidding me?

What part about "the NCAA has to approve all deals" and "fair market value" do you not understand.

But, sure, keep dreaming of kids getting "houses for their parents" and "a different whip every month" and "free meals". All of which would NEVER be approved by the NCAA.

Yeah, people are going to keep building this NIL myth. Whatever.

Advertisement

It's not madness.

Businessmen can have juniors, seniors - or even incoming freshmen doing commercials for their business. Can even sign contracts before they enroll, effective the date of enrollment.

Sure does do a lot to neutralize bagmen from traditional bag toting alumni of other universities.

But this is all out in the open. Hometown Heroes.

How many top players grow up in Gainesville? What are they going to offer?

Doing ads for mobile homes?

Tractor stores?

The No-Tell Motel?

(No dentists - the entire town only has three teeth.)

Thanks TOC I thought I’d missed something.I know the law had been passed but wasn’t aware it had been put into practice...you guys know I’m old and have a tendency to miss a day or two here and there but I don’t normally miss **** this big...lol...I was like **** we allowed to set up things for money already?

Thought I’d really missed a few weeks.

It's all good. For a minute, this Fowler guy had everyone convinced that the Miami players will be driving around town in a different car every month, eating free food all over the tri-county area, and setting up their parents and their baby-mommas in fancy houses. All by allowing their names to be used by shady companies with no basis in fair market value.

Are you ******* kidding me?

What part about "the NCAA has to approve all deals" and "fair market value" do you not understand.

But, sure, keep dreaming of kids getting "houses for their parents" and "a different whip every month" and "free meals". All of which would NEVER be approved by the NCAA.

Yeah, people are going to keep building this NIL myth. Whatever.
Do you feel this is the 1st step in the walls crumbling around the NCAA? I don’t know how the world they’re going to police deals and stay on top of it all; especially after other states follow suit?

Do you feel this is the 1st step in the walls crumbling around the NCAA? I don’t know how the world they’re going to police deals and stay on top of it all; especially after other states follow suit?

Yeah, it's gonna get complex.

Advertisement

They also graduate from UM unlike at JAWGA and BAMMER.

It’s not going to be huge piles of $$$? What if Miami gets a Johnny Manziel or Reggie Bush type player? The kid will be worth 100 million before he leaves college.

Advertisement
It’s not going to be huge piles of $$$? What if Miami gets a Johnny Manziel or Reggie Bush type player? The kid will be worth 100 million before he leaves college.

Have you been researching rehab facilities during quarantine?

$100 million? Hilarious.

Man, I thought this said NHL is paying off. I read all the way to the bottom before realizing...this doesn't sound like NHL playoffs at all. The round robin format is great though.

We need to get together a go fund me for these recruits after they enroll can have them all sign autographs at a car dealership, we get 200,000 can fans come up with 10 bucks each and we'll be balling with a 2 million recruiting bag budget each year.

8sfF.gif

Until we get official numbers and an outline of how it will work! Or can you substantiate your post with facts? Until then your opinion is appreciated.

Advertisement
Back