NIL deals

Juanka

TRANQUILO Y TROPICAL
Premium
So FSU just lost their save and grace recruit and now want to cry foul when their *** did the same thing for years is hilarious. They paid Chatman and there was a picture to prove it

Now Ole Miss has a problem with this ish too? They paid players left and right when Freeze was there.

I applaud UT for paying their OL to stay in state and doing what needed to be done! They never win crap anyway, and I rather them there than a place like Bama. This year, Bama has more in-state recruits committed since Saban has been there. Things will continue to even out, and it will be more difficult for these SEC schools to recruit OOS kids. We are now on a more even playing field, and Cristobal said it himself today he had no problem with the NIL deal. We won't even have to match the bag like that too. Would you guys rather make 70K a year in Alabama or 50K living in Miami? It's the perfect setup to lock down the state of Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you please explain what is going on here in plain english? I understand recruits getting paid but this just looks like a random collection of screenshots.

Can you please explain what is going on here in plain english? I understand recruits getting paid but this just looks like a random collection of screenshots.

Sure, FSU and Ole Miss were crying because they couldn't match bags anymore, and they would pay players all the time when there was no NIL deal. Miami should benefit from the NIL deal from now on.

Screenshots are examples of FSU and Ole Miss paying players before a NIL deal rule was in place.

Sure, FSU and Ole Miss were crying because they couldn't match bags anymore, and they would pay players all the time when there was no NIL deal. Miami should benefit from the NIL deal from now on.

Screenshots are examples of FSU and Ole Miss paying players before a NIL deal rule was in place.
Ah, ok that makes sense. Thanks.

Advertisement
FSU does have a right to cry, in a sense. Though I will never mind seeing them do so, even if it’s legit. However, in this case it affects us too.

In Florida, the way the NIL rule is written is that the school/coach can’t help the kid obtain any NIL deals in any way. The kid has to find it on his own and the school can’t solicit NIL deals from boosters.

Not that big a deal most of the time but when a coach is brokering a secret deal funded by Barstool, allegedly for $2 million, it is. It could become a major issue down the road if schools like Texas and Bama are telling their boosters to fund deals and our hands are tied. It meant that FSU never stood a chance cause Deon was able to get him a deal that even if FSU could have gotten him, they legally wouldn’t be allowed to do so.

That’s why the NCAA investigating NIL is a total joke too. They refused to legislate it and left it up to the states, but now different states have different rules that can give certain schools a major advantage.

FSU does have a right to cry, in a sense. Though I will never mind seeing them do so, even if it’s legit. However, in this case it affects us too.

In Florida, the way the NIL rule is written is that the school/coach can’t help the kid obtain any NIL deals in any way. The kid has to find it on his own and the school can’t solicit NIL deals from boosters.

Not that big a deal most of the time but when a coach is brokering a secret deal funded by Barstool, allegedly for $2 million, it is. It could become a major issue down the road if schools like Texas and Bama are telling their boosters to fund deals and our hands are tied. It meant that FSU never stood a chance cause Deon was able to get him a deal that even if FSU could have gotten him, they legally wouldn’t be allowed to do so.

That’s why the NCAA investigating NIL is a total joke too. They refused to legislate it and left it up to the states, but now different states have different rules that can give certain schools a major advantage.

I think if it becomes a problem then you’ll see it get amended pretty quickly after pressure from all the Florida schools comes down on the state legislature.

Advertisement
Back