Nike deal

our uniforms are an embarrassment.. Mario has made no changes to Manny diaz jerseys era. Huge disappointment after coming from Oregon

I agree our uniforms are an embarrassment, but this seems like an over-simplified view of things. UM signed a 12 year deal back in 2015.

Mario and Rad have been here about 18 months now. Last year Adidas rolled out those Miami Nights jerseys and Mario said "No, we aren't wearing them." Now it looks like we're in a cold war with adidas and they aren't upgrading our jersey materials. The relationship is being unraveled, with Mario/Rad sending clear signs they are hitting eject (which adidas isn't happy about it).

That is more than Manny ever did, and about as much as I suspect Mario/Rad could prudently do without either: (1) getting into a legal battle with adidas; or (2) further binding UM to adidas. The first one may be unavoidable, but it seems like they're getting more ammo for a fight and may be able to leverage a clean, early break.

Advertisement
It truly makes zero sense, & others notice it too. We’re talking about the #2 apparel company on Earth, yet for some reason w/ American Football, they just can’t get it right on their template. I know they spend sooo much resource on Futbol, but it boggles my mind.
even on futbol they're lazy at times. the whole MLS is just 1 templete. there's not the individuality that there are in other country's club futbol jerseys.

@Rellyrell Can this be done?

Sorry for the late response; I just finished my boxing training, & like MJ, I typically use anything to motivate me. Today, I used @Ricaneswag approval of those Kwik-E-Mart joints to motivate me to tear that heavy bag to pieces.

Anywho, what was the ? again? Awww yes, can it be done. Yes, IF JB considered us a tier two like UH, UC, or SDSU, but some of ya’ll & I’m specifically referring to Jordan Hater @hoops156 & @ItsMeD r going to have to step into the 21st Century & realize JB is no longer a basketball brand, it’s A brand. JB is just as synonymous w/ football as basketball now. Current endorsed players:

-Dak Prescott
-Deebo Samuel (shout out to my day 2 ninja @Confidence1000)
-Davante Adams
-Charles Woodson
-Joe Haden
-Melvin Ingram
-Kyle Pitts
-Stephon Gilmore
-Michael Thomas
-Jamal Adams
-Stefon Diggs
-Chase Claypool
-Jarvis Landry
-Devin White
-Honey Badger
-Cam Jordan
-Bobby Digital Wagner

Etc, etc.

Now JB is getting into the baseball arena. Nike specifically have spun off Jordan Brand as its own brand, no different than Converse.

So programs like UCLA, UF, UofM, OU, and of course UNC are not going to get the Swoosh over Jumpman on their major sports b/c of their tier level. Their FB, B-Ball, W-Ball programs r going to have the Jumpman logo, while their Baseball & other club sports (including swimming) will have the Swoosh.

our uniforms are an embarrassment.. Mario has made no changes to Manny diaz jerseys era. Huge disappointment after coming from Oregon

How r u blaming Mario for this? Lol. These r Adidas’ material & designs. Adidas tried to give us an updated version of Miami Nights & it was met w/ vitriol. Adidas gave us The Parley Jerseys, & were known as some of the ugliest alternates in the game.

I’ve said from the jump u’ll find out why Michigan was looking forward to leaving them DESPITE all that upfront $$ they were given. The first thing Harbaugh said was “we gotta get rid of Adidas b/c it’s hurting our brand.”

For whatever reason, no matter how often they “upgrade their material” it’s the same sloppy chit: droopy collars, crooked logos, inconsistent name plate fonts, etc. That’s not on Mario, that’s on the brand itself. I can immediately spot when a team is sponsored by Adidas vs. Nike on uniform fit alone. The G5 & FCS squads have it even worst!

even on futbol they're lazy at times. the whole MLS is just 1 templete. there's not the individuality that there are in other country's club futbol jerseys.

See, that I didn’t know. I do try to keep up w/ uniform watches, and I have start seeing fans from ManU complain about certain templates, but I didn’t know in MLS it was only 1 they were using.

Advertisement
Sorry for the late response; I just finished my boxing training, & like MJ, I typically use anything to motivate me. Today, I used @Ricaneswag approval of those Kwik-E-Mart joints to motivate me to tear that heavy bag to pieces.

Anywho, what was the ? again? Awww yes, can it be done. Yes, IF JB considered us a tier two like UH, UC, or SDSU, but some of ya’ll & I’m specifically referring to Jordan Hater @hoops156 & @ItsMeD r going to have to step into the 21st Century & realize JB is no longer a basketball brand, it’s A brand. JB is just as synonymous w/ football as basketball now. Current endorsed players:

-Dak Prescott
-Davante Adams
-Charles Woodson
-Joe Haden
-Melvin Ingram
-Kyle Pitts
-Stephon Gilmore
-Michael Thomas
-Jamal Adams
-Stefon Diggs
-Chase Claypool
-Jarvis Landry
-Devin White
-Honey Badger
-Cam Jordan
-Bobby Digital Wagner

Etc, etc.

Now JB is getting into the baseball arena. Nike specifically have spun off Jordan Brand as its own brand, no different than Converse.

So programs like UCLA, UF, UofM, OU, and of course UNC are not going to get the Swoosh over Jumpman on their major sports b/c of their tier level. Their FB, B-Ball, W-Ball programs r going to have the Jumpman logo, while their Baseball & other club sports (including swimming) will have the Swoosh.
Lmao. As a lifelong Heat fan I have no qualms being labeled a Jordan hater. That said, I think Jordan brand and jumpman are great on gear, basketball jerseys, etc. I domt mind Jordan/Nike sponsoring canes. BUT, on a football jersey, Jumpman logo looks terrrriiiiibbblllleeeeeeee

Is that adidas or MLS? Something tells me, based solely on past history the way MLS does business and wants uniformity, that's more of an MLS issue.

-Dak Prescott
-Davante Adams
-Charles Woodson
-Joe Haden
-Melvin Ingram
-Kyle Pitts
-Stephon Gilmore
-Michael Thomas
-Jamal Adams
-Stefon Diggs
-Chase Claypool
-Jarvis Landry
-Devin White
-Honey Badger
-Cam Jordan
-Bobby Digital Wagner

Etc, etc.

I'd like to test out Jordan and our baseball program tbh. More MLB players today are wearing a Jordan style baseball cleat. Tatis Jr. Jazz Chisholm. ****, even Jon Jay wears Jordans as the 1st base coach for the marlins. If Jordan wants a test pet for baseball, sign me tf up

Lmao. As a lifelong Heat fan I have no qualms being labeled a Jordan hater. That said, I think Jordan brand and jumpman are great on gear, basketball jerseys, etc. I domt mind Jordan/Nike sponsoring canes. BUT, on a football jersey, Jumpman logo looks terrrriiiiibbblllleeeeeeee
**** MJ and his everything associated with the bulls/hornets/wizards lol. that said, on hoops I agree.

I know other sport athletes use Jordan brand as their endorsement brand all the time but I just think on a football jersey it looks dumb. the check mark looks cleaner.

Advertisement
I'd like to test out Jordan and our baseball program tbh. More MLB players today are wearing a Jordan style baseball cleat. Tatis Jr. Jazz Chisholm. ****, even Jon Jay wears Jordans as the 1st base coach for the marlins. If Jordan wants a test pet for baseball, sign me tf up
Jeter used to also. I think he was one of the first athletes to go in with JB non hoops

I agree our uniforms are an embarrassment, but this seems like an over-simplified view of things. UM signed a 12 year deal back in 2015.

Mario and Rad have been here about 18 months now. Last year Adidas rolled out those Miami Nights jerseys and Mario said "No, we aren't wearing them." Now it looks like we're in a cold war with adidas and they aren't upgrading our jersey materials. The relationship is being unraveled, with Mario/Rad sending clear signs they are hitting eject (which adidas isn't happy about it).

That is more than Manny ever did, and about as much as I suspect Mario/Rad could prudently do without either: (1) getting into a legal battle with adidas; or (2) further binding UM to adidas. The first one may be unavoidable, but it seems like they're getting more ammo for a fight and may be able to leverage a clean, early break.
Embarrassment is a bit harsh. Our design is clean. The feathers, mustache, Xmas helmets, and bra strap uniforms were embarrassing.

Well, I love The Heat for recognizing MJ cooked their *** so much that they retired his jersey so no one could rock the #23 ever for them. Lol.

Embarrassment is a bit harsh. Our design is clean. The feathers, mustache, Xmas helmets, and bra strap uniforms were embarrassing.

Don’t forget the Wide U Silver Joints, The Miami down the side of the legs, strawberry patches, mazed numbers, soccer uniforms, aqua & peach joints, either.

Advertisement
Well, I love The Heat for recognizing MJ cooked their *** so much that they retired his jersey so no one could rock the #23 ever for them. Lol.
I was courtside (practically) for that game. Only time I wore an opponents jersey against my team. MJ went off for 20 in first half and crowd cheered louder for him.

I’ll never understand the narrative of a “basketball” logo on a football uniform. That logo is so much more than “basketball.

Jeter used to also. I think he was one of the first athletes to go in with JB non hoops

Yes, u’re correct & he’s still a JB athlete. Judge just became a JB athlete, but they r working on his cleats. He’s still rocking his NB cleats, although he just f’d his toe in those same cleats.

thats the worst thing the heat ever did. thank god they unretired his number. he never played for the team. zero reason to even honor him like that and same w marino. both those things were pretty abhorrent.

if it wasn't clear -- they did not retire the number anymore. anyone can wear it but obviously it is offered to truly great players. the last one Riley offered it to was Butler

Last edited:
Advertisement
thats the worst thing the heat ever did. thank god they unretired his number. he never played for the team. zero reason to even honor him like that and same w marino. both those things were pretty abhorrent.

if it wasn't clear -- they did not retire the number anymore. anyone can wear it but obviously it is offered to truly great players. the last one Riley offered it to was Butler

Jordan’s jersey is still retired. Pat told Jimmy specifically they would make the exception for him b/c he wore #23 in Philly, but Jimmy declined.

Also, The Mavs retired Kobe’s #. It’s a sign of respect. I dig it; MJ cooked Miami often when he came down. I know he still gives u & Knick fans nightmares. Lol

Jordan’s jersey is still retired. Pat told Jimmy specifically they would make the exception for him b/c he wore #23 in Philly, but Jimmy declined.

Also, The Mavs retired Kobe’s #. It’s a sign of respect. I dig it; MJ cooked Miami often when he came down. I know he still gives u & Knick fans nightmares. Lol
IMO, no NBA player should wear #23 and no Canes player should wear #26.

ive heard its not really retired anymore and thats coming from within the team.

MJ did cook us. thankfully the bulls are a useless franchise post and pre jordan so the heat won overall.

Advertisement
Back