Nike deal

I think ND still out sells us no matter what apparel company theyre with. I never really liked the UA stuff. it's kinda clear they only care about MD and thats it. thats their focus

Here's the thing.

ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL...yes, ND can outsell Miami. Which, of course, would need to presume that both schools are with the same apparel company, otherwise it's not an equivalent comparison.

And who cares.

The point is, if you want to sell more (no matter how strong your brand is), you have to choose a partner THAT PEOPLE WANT TO PURCHASE, and the inventory has to be available.

We may "never know" how much adidas merch Miami woulda/coulda/shoulda sold, because there just isn't as much available on as many channels. That's a stone-cold fact, whether you compare/contrast the direct websites (Nike.com vs. adidas.com) or the mass-retailers (Fanatics and all the sporting goods/shoe stores online).

And, sure, the UM Bookstore and CanesWear look great, and yet very few people (outside of students and Broward residents) buy from those outlets.

Advertisement
Here's the thing.

ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL...yes, ND can outsell Miami. Which, of course, would need to presume that both schools are with the same apparel company, otherwise it's not an equivalent comparison.

And who cares.

The point is, if you want to sell more (no matter how strong your brand is), you have to choose a partner THAT PEOPLE WANT TO PURCHASE, and the inventory has to be available.

We may "never know" how much adidas merch Miami woulda/coulda/shoulda sold, because there just isn't as much available on as many channels. That's a stone-cold fact, whether you compare/contrast the direct websites (Nike.com vs. adidas.com) or the mass-retailers (Fanatics and all the sporting goods/shoe stores online).

And, sure, the UM Bookstore and CanesWear look great, and yet very few people (outside of students and Broward residents) buy from those outlets.
once they switch to Nike and now they have Fanatics run their team shop (smart move bc eevryone uses fanatics), theyll sell a lot more for sure

once they switch to Nike and now they have Fanatics run their team shop (smart move bc eevryone uses fanatics), theyll sell a lot more for sure

True.

The Fanatics deals are great because they are WAY better at managing inventory. Between that and the low salaries for merch employees, it is MUCH better to outsource all that crap to Fanatics, which can then pool staffing and inventory across pro and college sporting events in each geographic region.

Advertisement
True.

The Fanatics deals are great because they are WAY better at managing inventory. Between that and the low salaries for merch employees, it is MUCH better to outsource all that crap to Fanatics, which can then pool staffing and inventory across pro and college sporting events in each geographic region.
yeah fanatics in turn gets a cut of the sales but who cares bc the way miami operated before was trash. **** anything the school does related to athletics in terms of operations sucks. id also request that they left ****** ticketmaster handle their STH sales than whoever does it now

So they giving Miami new uniforms…… or Mario turning them down?

By “new uniforms” I think u mean recycled material.

Here’s Washington’s new uniform release

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0817.jpeg
    IMG_0817.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 4
Adidas knows how to market and advertise. They aren't stupid lol it's a worldwide company.

The difference is Nike is a different name in the US. They know how to market and advertise in the US because thats a special market compared to Europe.

And Nike, thanks to Jordan, has more of a reputation for being more flashy compared to Adidas. People bought Adidas soccer shoes because they were extremely high-quality, tough, durable shoes for a fairly reasonable price, which was perfect for a generation of young players, especially germans, after WW2 (and we had a ****load of great players back then). The Samba is still being worn today and imo the best indoor shoe for soccer that people can buy.

Nike came around in the mid 80s with Jordan and then in the mid to late 90s with Ronaldo and their Joga Bonito marketing unit that focused on individuals, individual marketing and flashy play. People loved watching the Brazilians because they played a different style, a street-style that was a welcomed change and thats how Nike exploded there.

Nike just fits better to a place like Miami.

Advertisement

More so “new” as in not what they’ve worn the last few years. Hasn’t been any roll out and players haven’t been pictured in them. My curiosity is on whether Adidas would have bothered trying to send them given Miami’s current treatment of the brand.

More so “new” as in not what they’ve worn the last few years. Hasn’t been any roll out and players haven’t been pictured in them. My curiosity is on whether Adidas would have bothered trying to send them given Miami’s current treatment of the brand.

1688670427048.png

Man look at those things 🤣 I will never understand how a multi billion dollar apparel company can produce such ****. Every single American football uniform they have made has totally missed the mark… specifically in the details. They make every single brand they showcase look like a total train wreck on game day. Pants don’t fit. Jerseys don’t fit unless you’re a skill position player. Numbers are all out of whack. W instead of a U. They finally add the shield and they chose a color scheme that makes no sense.

Adidas is a total disaster when it comes to making college football uniforms. Any school that uses them is doing a disservice to their brand.

I don’t care about the fan gear so miss me with that. Jordan and Nike know how to showcase a brand through Uniforms. South Florida youth football teams have nicer uniforms than what Adidas gives their college football programs

I could write a book on how incompetent adidas is 🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to hijack the thread, but it’s pretty impressive. What Fanatics is done in such a short amount of time they completely control the branded, athletic apparel market across all sports.
they will end up taking over being the main athletic apparel company More pro sports leagues too (NHL was just the start).

Advertisement
@Rellyrell and @TheOriginalCane - would love to hear your opinions on Fanatics entering into the exclusive professional uni market. They got the NHL contract (secretly they were producing the Adidas NHL jerseys all along). I play hockey and was not a fan of the adidas jerseys. They had a slim fit and literally what would have been an XL (52) with CCM or Reebok was like a 4xl (58) with adidas. How does this effect other suppliers like Nike etc when they are probably the biggest seller of Nike jerseys for instance.

@Rellyrell and @TheOriginalCane - would love to hear your opinions on Fanatics entering into the exclusive professional uni market. They got the NHL contract (secretly they were producing the Adidas NHL jerseys all along). I play hockey and was not a fan of the adidas jerseys. They had a slim fit and literally what would have been an XL (52) with CCM or Reebok was like a 4xl (58) with adidas. How does this effect other suppliers like Nike etc when they are probably the biggest seller of Nike jerseys for instance.

I don’t think it affects anything, as of today. Right now, Fanatics is not a direct competitor to any of the big brand apparel companies. I knew Nike wouldn’t get involved in the NHL arena b/c they lost a ton of money w/ the Bauer acquisition which is y they sold it off. I think Fanatics as of today is testing the waters, but if they happen to get into the NBA, NFL, or MLB market then things could change. As of now, they are the premier 3rd party vendor for sports apparel, and I don’t see that changing as of now.

However, it is of note that Nike’s CEO is a digital guru, so he’s set up Nike to kill any relationship that’s not fruitful or becomes an indirect competitor in a moment b/c of their own digital platform.

Advertisement
Back