Nike deal

Advertisement
I'm mean all you've posted about is how Adidas is losing teams to nike lol... And UA is a ****show.
They have, but what does that have to do w exiting? I said they’ve lost teams due to bad business practice (the high school) & perception for some programs. UA is an absolute chit show & r re-grouping/re-branding.

They have, but what does that have to do w exiting? I said they’ve lost teams due to bad business practice (the high school) & perception for some programs. UA is an absolute chit show & r re-grouping/re-branding.
If you had to say now who do you think we end with JB or Nike?

ok so its only Blakes fault the ACC has a **** deal? I know hes the devil on this board and has done a ton wrong as an AD, but tv deal is on the conference and all of the ADs that initially signed off on it. dan has been a good AD but the entire conf ****ed up w the tv deal and now theyre trying to fix it.

Oh my lord, you just veer from one extreme to the next. I never said it's "only Blake's fault", I just pointed out that he was not going to be a leader for sanity. He was not going to enlist other ADs to point out that the GOR was too long and completely unnecessary.

And for the love of God, please separate the issues. The TV deal, while not great, was potentially renegotiable if the ACC added new schools. BUT IT'S THE GRANT OF RIGHTS THAT IS TERRIBLE. The GOR is making it impossible to leave AND IT'S THE WORST AMONG ALL CONFERENCES AND DISSUADES ANYONE ELSE FROM JOINING.

Come on, words have meaning. I didn't say it was ANY "one person's fault", whether that person is Dan or Beta Blake. But I also feel that Dan is more oriented to forming alliances and leading, and I think he is much smarter and more capable than Beta Blake.

And, yes, on a "Nike Deal" thread, I'm going to continue to point out Beta Blake's disastroust TWELVE YEAR DEAL with adidas.

Advertisement
TOC, do you see JB as a realistic option, with us being Nike's original flagship school? Win-win for us in any case as, to my understanding, JB schools also have fan merchandise with the nike swoosh as well. Nostalgia has me leaning towards nike and the limited roster of JB schools has me leaning to JB. Regardless, cannot wait to say goodbye to the three stripe life

JB is a realistic option because...it is...meaning, JB appears to be offering the most money at this point, which makes it realistic.

And @Rellyrell has mentioned this earlier, JB schools will have a mixture of JB and Nike branded gear. JB does not even provide all the equipment and apparel for all sports, Nike steps in with the rest. So it will be a hybrid deal from a branding standpoint.

I too am nostalgic for Nike due to us being the FIRST Nike school, back when JB wasn't even really a thing. But I'm OK with this.

Keep in mind, when you look online, Nike makes school-themed Pegasus shoes for all of the schools, whether they are Nike or JB schools. So we'll get plenty of gear.

1687261118510.png

... its pretty simple, if we move to the B10 or SEC nobody is going to give a single **** about spending an additional couple million to switch even if that is what it would cost - which is nbd.

Everyone here is ****ting on Adidas constantly but yall shouldn't be so happy UA/Adidas are exiting CFB deals. The competition is a major positive. We are going to exit our deal with Adidas and have absolutely zero options other than Nike and what will be a very subpar deal when they have nobody willing to even get close to out spend them...

I mean maybe Fanatics is going to be entering the competition?

Here's the thing (and I'm going to be nice).

You are equating lack of competition with "a subpar deal". And that's just not true.

In fact, in an ideal situation, here is EXACTLY what happens:

Nike/JB offers us a tiny guarantee (i.e., the value of the equipment and merch provided to the teams) and does a HEAVY royalty deal. Then, you do not have to even WORRY about the offer, you know that you will make money on every item you sell. And if you perform well, and if you market properly, you will make a ****-TON of money.

Chef's kiss. Because Nike is incentivized to sell and UM is incentivized to sell. The more you sell, the more money that BOTH PARTIES make. Everybody is happy. Nobody gives a **** if the "guarantee" was six million per year or seven. **** all that.

Look, I don't know if you are really believe that capitalism and economic models are so simple ("ya gotta have competition, dude") or if you are just trying to win an argument. But the competition is BETWEEN SCHOOLS. We are all on Fanatics. We are (mostly) all on Nike. So now the "competition" is about who wins more, who sells more, whose stuff looks better. And the competition is NOT "oh, does adidas want us more".

I don't know where you've been for the last 50 pages (and 100 pages on the other thread), but we are simply NOT SELLING AS MUCH MERCH WITH ADIDAS AS WE DID WITH NIKE. So if you want to keep blowing that ***-trumpet about "guaranteed money", you'll be the only one doing so.

As I've pointed out, the differential of a couple of million dollars per year (in the "guaranteed" portion of the contract) is ***-wiping money compared to our NIL budget or our TV and conference shares. Meanwhile, our fans are buying less merch and the recruits are hesitant to rock adidas for 3 to 5 years. AND WE COULD EASILY MAKE UP THE GUARANTEE DIFFERENTIAL WITH MORE SALES AND MORE ROYALTIES.

So what's it going to take for you to embrace economic realities? While you are yapping about "we need a competitive bidder", we are losing recruits and we are losing merch sales.

Are you really going to die on the hill of "but but but, we need three competitive bidders to enter into any contract because that's the only way we can get paid"?

Ridiculous.

Curious how UA is a **** show. Far cry when they had momentum in cornering the Midwest and mid Atlantic markets.

Advertisement
I'm mean all you've posted about is how Adidas is losing teams to nike lol... And UA is a ****show.

Why is it so hard to read words and understand words?

YES, Under Armour is a ****show and is exiting contracts.

NO, adidas is not exiting contracts, but they ARE being outbid by Nike. Which SEEMINGLY would be something you would like. "Competition".

But unfortunately for adidas, a "competition" that Nike is dominating.

lol.
i believe i saw another post about Jordan not being able to produce for 2 schools in the same state but idk.

No, at the outset, JB was doing "one school per conference". But now that there is conference movement...

UCLA is now in the Big 10 with Michigan. Oklahoma is now in the SEC with Florida.

We shall see...

Advertisement
Curious how UA is a **** show. Far cry when they had momentum in cornering the Midwest and mid Atlantic markets.

Bad book keeping, Covid, & programs & players they invested in (sans Steph) not creating the returns they hoped for. It’s caused ramifications:

Their stock is currently at $6.95/share. They have continued to plummet in their valuation at a rate I’ve not seen before. To go from $55/share to $7 in a matter of 24 months? Sheesh

Advertisement
Bad book keeping, Covid, & programs & players they invested in (sans Steph) not creating the returns they hoped for. It’s caused ramifications:

Their stock is currently at $6.95/share. They have continued to plummet in their valuation at a rate I’ve not seen before. To go from $55/share to $7 in a matter of 24 months? Sheesh

Got it. UCLA and Auburn were really bad deals. Like I said, they had their wheelhouse. Chicago area and the whole midwest was theirs, pretty much. They had ND, Wisconsin, etc. And of course, the MD area is cornered. They tried to move to fast, I'm guessing, and overextended themselves.

Wasn't that bridge burned when Jordan's kid refused to wear their shoes?

Lol; good times. It was, but UCF has an Adidas friendly AD now who came from Ark St.

Supposedly after seeing UCF success, Adidas wants to be re-attached to them, especially since they’ll now be in a power conference.

Got it. UCLA and Auburn were really bad deals. Like I said, they had their wheelhouse. Chicago area and the whole midwest was theirs, pretty much. They had ND, Wisconsin, etc. And of course, the MD area is cornered. They tried to move to fast, I'm guessing, and overextended themselves.

Bingo.

Advertisement
Back