Nike deal

I mean technically the patent is not on the school colors, b/c clearly Adidas is making orange, white, & green uniforms. The patent is on the hue used for said colors.
And if I had to guess, Nike being the thorough, well planning ******** they are… probably trademarked a few shades darker and a few shades lighter to cover there basis to make sure there’s a noticeable difference from their product line and competitors.

Advertisement
And if I had to guess, Nike being the thorough, well planning ******** they are… probably trademarked a few shades darker and a few shades lighter to cover there basis to make sure there’s a noticeable difference from their product line and competitors.

IMG_0244.jpeg

@Rellyrell talking hues….

Advertisement
More comfortable: AF1 v Dunks?

Go!

AF1s are more comfortable, they have a thicker sole.

Although...I got some sports inserts for my UM Dunks...and now it's a much closer call...

Man, when I was running around Kansas City and Houston for all those basketball games, I realized I needed some more cushion... (pause)

EDIT: For practical purposes, the Dunks are very comparable to the Jordan 1s, in terms of construction and materials. I just ordered these, they are the Air Jordan 1 CMFT 2 model, which is supposed to be a more padded and comfortable version of the Jordan 1.

1685997165443.png

Last edited:
@Rellyrell @TheOriginalCane Just curious would you guys prefer Nike or JB if we switch?

I'm fine with either, but I suspect it will be JB from what I've heard.

I've already talked about working a summer job to buy my first pair of Nikes in 1979. I've worn Nike nearly my entire life, and I was thrilled when Miami signed up to be the very first Nike school.

But JB is a very nice "compromise"...

I like that jersey a lot too, but I only hedged on "everybody loves it" because the bra strap was somewhat polarizing.

And let's not forget that THIS was a much-loved jersey, particularly by the players, before Beta Blake started to gaslight us all into believing Nike was the bad guy:
View attachment 240752
the 2014 nike uni's were my favorite by far since the 00-03 iteration. they legit looked like NFL uni's, the quality on them and the fan gear were unreal. golden just let the players choose some bozo combo's that year, which irked some fans i think. but the orange on white, the white on white, and the green on white of those? ****** fire man. i honestly wish we could just go straight back to these once we move back to nike

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn’t mind either, but JB x Miami would absolutely kill merchandise.

If we switched to JB, only the FB & Men’s/Women’s b-ball teams would have JB. The baseball, + all club sports would have Nike.

Does JB not make the other sports merch yet?

I wouldn’t mind either, but JB x Miami would absolutely kill merchandise.

If we switched to JB, only the FB & Men’s/Women’s b-ball teams would have JB. The baseball, + all club sports would have Nike.
*** Rubs Hands Like Birdman***

The AJ1 Miami Art Basels have already been dropped but I’m over thinking about some UM 11’s (I know Andre Johnson had a custom pair made by Nike some years back) or some Travis Scott x AJ1 Lows.

The cleats would be fire.

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Does JB not make the other sports merch yet?

Not yet; the brand has a few MLB stars w/ Machado, Betts, Judge, Chisholm, Guerrero Jr, & a couple of retired stars in Jetter & C.C, but that pales in comparison to its b-ball & football rosters. PSG is sponsored by JB, but it’ll be some time b4 JB transitions over to other sports.

Honestly, UofM started this trend w/ JB. The reason y I would prefer JB is due to scarcity. Not a lot of teams have JB, therefore preferential treatment would be elite.

Advertisement
*** Rubs Hands Like Birdman***

The AJ1 Miami Art Basels have already been dropped but I’m over thinking about some UM 11’s (I know Andre Johnson had a custom pair made by Nike some years back) or some Travis Scott x AJ1 Lows.

The cleats would be fire.

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Yeah, & no shade to Nike, but JB off field gear would kill the game for us. Again, that’s my preference.

Right now, it’s a crazy concept but it’s working. Nike is building both its Converse & JB division. I heard they had a bidding war between Nike & JB for Zion, & a bidding war for Luka. It’s one family, but they are low key spinning it like separate entities which is genius for business.

Last edited:
Not yet; the brand has a few MLB stars w/ Machado, Betts, Judge, Chisholm, Guerrero Jr, & a couple of retired stars in Jetter & C.C, but that pales in comparison to its b-ball & football rosters. PSG is sponsored by JB, but it’ll be some time b4 JB transitions over to other sports.

Honestly, UofM started this trend w/ JB. The reason y I would prefer JB is due to scarcity. Not a lot of teams have JB, therefore preferential treatment would be elite.

I like this preferential treatment idea… especially making JB baseball grow with the Canes….

I also told @RVACane that it will drive Gaytor fans INSANE...

:ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
I like this preferential treatment idea… especially making JB baseball grow with the Canes….

I mean Jazz is a JB athlete & he’s right up the street from the school. But, that’s the only reason y I would prefer JB…u only have:

-UCLA (who’s loving JB life from what I’ve seen first hand)
-Houston
-OU
-UF
-UNC
-UofM
-SDSU
-Georgetown
-Howard
-Marquette
-Morehouse

Only 6 teams in a power 5 conference
1 in a G5
4 in FCS

There’s like 130 FBS teams. That’s only 5%

As I told my good friend @TheOriginalCane, to me JB seems like a natural fit due to how many Nike HS in So Fla that’s been switched over to JB, as well, including Mario’s, Zo’s, & Alex’s alumni, Columbus High.

I also told @RVACane that it will drive Gaytor fans INSANE...

:ROFLMAO:

Probably would, and I’m here for it.

And silly of me, I didn’t respond a while ago to another poster regarding JB & UF’s relationship affecting us or JB & UNC’s relationship affecting us. It wouldn’t in either scenario. SDSU & UCLA are JB schools w/ SDSU being one first.

OU will be in the same conference as UF. None of that will have a bearing on negotiations.

I'm fine with either, but I suspect it will be JB from what I've heard.

I've already talked about working a summer job to buy my first pair of Nikes in 1979. I've worn Nike nearly my entire life, and I was thrilled when Miami signed up to be the very first Nike school.

But JB is a very nice "compromise"...
So there is legit smoke with JB? I saw something on IG and brushed it off. Came here and saw this thread active.

I prefer AF1’s. Dunks are cool, but if imma wear shoes for a long duration throughout the day, I rather be in AF1
AF1s are to chunky. I have big feet and chicken legs. I think dunks and air jordan 1 lows are more forgiving, but all the midsole technology is so outdated I can’t call any of them comfortable. I have about a 2-3 hour max before the blisters kick in.

Advertisement
Back