Nike deal

@Rellyrell I gotta ask because we pretty much have identical taste when it comes to the uniform conversation… and I’ve thought about that Miami Vice themed jersey for a minute because it does work very well for the Heat as an alternative.

But I also gave a strong liking for the green on green combo… this one
View attachment 240268

Not this one though…
View attachment 240269

Completely different vibe to me… what are thoughts on this scheme?
If I was being completely honest. I am a Nike guy but the Adidas uniform above looks much better than the Nike version, which you like. The Nike version is way too much green for me. We have 3 colors......use them. I like the classic looking stripes. Last I checked the vast majority of the teams winning playoff games stick with more of a classic look.

Advertisement
If I was being completely honest. I am a Nike guy but the Adidas uniform above looks much better than the Nike version, which you like. The Nike version is way too much green for me. We have 3 colors......use them. I like the classic looking stripes. Last I checked the vast majority of the teams winning playoff games stick with more of a classic look.
I get it… I have minimalist taste on clothing and generally like my footwear to be eye catching. And alot of folks prefer otherwise. Just proves no matter what gets chosen some will like it and some won’t.

As long as we don’t wear orange jerseys and green pants together I won’t dry heave while watching the game.

But I’m also pretty certain that uniform design has little to do with CFB playoff performance.

I may be in the minority, but I loved these, except for the strawberry pattern…I’d love to see a Nike version, it’d be fire, IMO.

DD84F7E2-7BD9-476A-B21B-9062A5A52662.jpeg

I may be in the minority, but I loved these, except for the strawberry pattern…I’d love to see a Nike version, it’d be fire, IMO.

View attachment 240721
No you are in the majority. That's definitely the most loved uniform this century (my 2nd/3rd favorite). It's the only time we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten.

No you are in the majority. That's definitely the most loved uniform this century (my 2nd/3rd favorite). It's the only time we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten.
I wasn't smitten, I thought everything was nice other than the pattern on the jersey material, which messed it up for me. Adidas really got it right with the latest uniforms though. IMO

If we switch to Nike (or Jordan, I wouldn't like that because I feel a just man looks out of place on football jersey) I just hope Nike doesn't do anything silly. I hope they stick with the traditional style like Adidas did with the latest uniforms.

I like traditional looking uniforms because that is what traditional football powers do. Maybe I am just old school and OCD combined because I feel like the jump man looks out of place on a football (or baseball) jersey.

Advertisement
I wasn't smitten, I thought everything was nice other than the pattern on the jersey material, which messed it up for me. Adidas really got it right with the latest uniforms though. IMO

If we switch to Nike (or Jordan, I wouldn't like that because I feel a just man looks out of place on football jersey) I just hope Nike doesn't do anything silly. I hope they stick with the traditional style like Adidas did with the latest uniforms.

I like traditional looking uniforms because that is what traditional football powers do. Maybe I am just old school and OCD combined because I feel like the jump man looks out of place on a football (or baseball) jersey.
I see your point and it's pretty good. I guess being in my early/mid 30s I grew up with them changing unis every few years. But yeah, traditional powers have iconic traditional uniforms.

That was this century and that is my favorite.

Yes, but I'm not questioning what YOUR favorite is.

I was being sarcastic about what you wrote about the current adidas jersey:

"No you are in the majority. That's definitely the most loved uniform this century (my 2nd/3rd favorite). It's the only time we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten."

And the truth is, the "majority" would pick the Nike 2000-2002 jersey over the adidas jsersey. It is the most loved uniform this century. And it was ANOTHER time whe we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten, not the "only time".

Advertisement
I get it… I have minimalist taste on clothing and generally like my footwear to be eye catching. And alot of folks prefer otherwise. Just proves no matter what gets chosen some will like it and some won’t.

As long as we don’t wear orange jerseys and green pants together I won’t dry heave while watching the game.

But I’m also pretty certain that uniform design has little to do with CFB playoff performance.

Everyone is entitled their opinions; I also don’t agree w/ his take on the uniforms. To say that 2014 green is too dark is weird af. That’s been our shade of green for quite some time, which I’m attaching

Adidas began this Crayola Green bull chit. Lastly, I didn’t mention Adidas’ Ultraboost design, nor did I include it in the trash silhouettes Adidas has given us; however, everyone in the industry know The Ultraboost designs is a knock off version of its predecessor the Nike Presto, just like Yeezy got his dad shoe inspiration from The Nike Monarchs. Adidas hasn’t come up w/ a unique design in decades, hence my comment about us not being sponsored by a 2nd tier company, being a blue blood program.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0736.jpeg
    IMG_0736.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yes, but I'm not questioning what YOUR favorite is.

I was being sarcastic about what you wrote about the current adidas jersey:

"No you are in the majority. That's definitely the most loved uniform this century (my 2nd/3rd favorite). It's the only time we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten."

And the truth is, the "majority" would pick the Nike 2000-2002 jersey over the adidas jsersey. It is the most loved uniform this century. And it was ANOTHER time whe we had a new uniform where everyone seemed smitten, not the "only time".
The ‘00-‘02 over the Adidas? Yes. But that’s not saying much because the more recent iterations just **** people off.

I may get dragged for this and that’s ok, lol. Those ‘00-‘02 jerseys have a nostalgic feel to them because we beat people’s asses while wearing them and we’ll forever love everything from that time. Outside of that, them ***** were ugly, lol. The ones right after them were a much better design
30CBDFF0-0950-4EFC-B15F-687D81566DEC.jpeg

Advertisement
The ‘00-‘02 over the Adidas? Yes. But that’s not saying much because the more recent iterations just **** people off.

I may get dragged for this and that’s ok, lol. Those ‘00-‘02 jerseys have a nostalgic feel to them because we beat people’s asses while wearing them and we’ll forever love everything from that time. Outside of that, them ***** were ugly, lol. The ones right after them were a much better design
View attachment 240748

I like that jersey a lot too, but I only hedged on "everybody loves it" because the bra strap was somewhat polarizing.

And let's not forget that THIS was a much-loved jersey, particularly by the players, before Beta Blake started to gaslight us all into believing Nike was the bad guy:
1685961334472.png

Advertisement
A team’s uniform style doesn’t affect how well they play but it does say something that the top programs don’t feel the need to bother with gimmicky uniforms. I always felt that during our slide in the mid-late 2000’s Nike was almost trying to compensate for our bad football by constantly supplying newer and more radical jersey styles. I get it from a marketing perspective that they’re just trying to sell product but I want fans to buy Miami jerseys because they love the team. Not feel obligated to buy one every year because they change the style.

A team’s uniform style doesn’t affect how well they play but it does say something that the top programs don’t feel the need to bother with gimmicky uniforms. I always felt that during our slide in the mid-late 2000’s Nike was almost trying to compensate for our bad football by constantly supplying newer and more radical jersey styles. I get it from a marketing perspective that they’re just trying to sell product but I want fans to buy Miami jerseys because they love the team. Not feel obligated to buy one every year because they change the style.

They may be targeting the wrong fan base… the team asks fans to wear different colors and fans are still like, but I have to wear my “lucky” jersey …

Ignoring that the jersey hasn’t brought the team luck in 20 years…

Fair enough… being too lazy to research, I feel like our jerseys have gone through a change every 3 or so years since the mid 90’s. Maybe a bit sooner. Collars, stripe placement on the sleeves, pants stripes, color shades… something. We’ve been toying with our look regardless of wins and losses for a minute.

But to your point… there are a lot of consistently good teams who don’t **** around with their look. No need to list them because we know who they are. 🙄

Last edited:

View attachment 240748
I also preferred the "bra-strap" jersey. It was cleaner and simpler than the 00-02 jerseys. I agree that people love those simply because we beat the crap out of everyone while we had them. Not because they were particularly good looking.

Advertisement
Back