Nike deal

I'd disagree, but I've never cared for the Swoosh or Nike in fact. I own only two articles of clothing Nike has made. One, a Miami shirt and the other is a long sleeve 1/4 zip thing that was a Christmas gift.

I absolutely hate, like on the previous page with the roster, the Air Jordan logo being on anything football related. I've also never been a Jordan fan irregardless of how **** good he was. Still, football is football, not basketball and I'd hate it of Adidas did some **** with the Messi logo. It's insulting to me with so many football greats that a basketball image and ball is on anything football related. It's just weird as **** to me.

Sorry @Rellyrell, just speaking the truth. You're crazy into it and that's cool by me. I do respect the Nike devotion.

I've had this question on my mind for a minute for @Rellyrell

If you had to give up one or the other, which would it be?

1. You can never wear another Nike anything.

Or

2. You can never watch or follow the Canes in anything ever again.

Which one are you picking?

We’re all entitled to our opinions & taste. Some ppl like fried chicken, while others like fried pigeon. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think some of ya’ll confuse why I function w/ Nike over Adidas as if I have a cult following of it. I know a lot of chit about it b/c I’ve been connected to several ppl who work there for over 20+ yrs.

There’s very specific reasons y I would want The U to be branded by Nike vs. Adidas that have chit to do w/ me & everything to do w/ brand imaging that helps elevate the program’s status + help with recruiting. I’ve listed articles, provided stats, @TheOriginalCane provided back end losses he’s heard first hand to this board, etc. all to validate my reasons y. If some on the board can’t see that or haven’t been following the plethora of Easter Eggs I’ve been dropping like I’m the mutha fckin Cadbury Bunny, then in the words of Jay Z, what more can I say.

My personal preference of Nike over Adidas is for an off-topic discussion. There’s very detailed & specific reasons both historically & personally why I would never f w/ Adidas (I’ve already shared two on this board). Just b/c I have a ton of Nikes/JBs doesn’t mean I don’t have far greater clothing & branding items from other companies. Truth be told, most likely u’ll catch me in some Chucks, Red Bottoms, & dress shoes 6/10 than my J’s or Nikes b/c I’m a hood ninja that’s both educated & business minded.

I’ve been loyal w/ Miami since 1987, my guy. I haven’t agreed w/ moves they’ve made, including the switch to Adidas b/c I knew the ramifications (and those all have come to fruition, btw). Miami can sign a life time deal w/ Adidas, & I’ll still f w/ them. Would I agree? **** no, but I also didn’t agree w/ them hiring Shannon, Golden, Diaz, Blake James, not having a contingency plan when whispers of The OB was going to be destroyed, etc. Yet, I here I is still rumbling & f’ing w/ all ya’ll numbnuts on this board loyally.

Advertisement
You bipassed the would you rather.

No, I haven't followed this thread, but I was seriously wondering that question. You've got a passion for the Swoosh brand and no, I didn't think you walked around as a walking advertisement for them. It's still a passion though for anyone who has popped in here on occasion.

You did toss out something at the end though that I do find interesting. The Adidas ramifications, what are they in your opinion? Our problems don't stem from a clothing brand and perhaps you weren't even saying that. We could wear anything an it wouldn't fix the situation, it's bigger than that.

Stadium talk, they did have a contingency plan and we play there now.

You bipassed the would you rather.

No, I haven't followed this thread, but I was seriously wondering that question. You've got a passion for the Swoosh brand and no, I didn't think you walked around as a walking advertisement for them. It's still a passion though for anyone who has popped in here on occasion.

You did toss out something at the end though that I do find interesting. The Adidas ramifications, what are they in your opinion? Our problems don't stem from a clothing brand and perhaps you weren't even saying that. We could wear anything an it wouldn't fix the situation, it's bigger than that.

Stadium talk, they did have a contingency plan and we play there now.

I didn’t bypass anything; I was quite blunt when I said

1. I wear other brands than Nike far more often
2. I’ve been rocking w/ the Canes since 1987

Again, I tell ya’ll things & it flies over ur heads. That’s CLEARLY stating I would chose option 1 over option 2.

I’ve already spoken on the ramifications way too many times to rehash, both in real time & in way too many threads for future predictions. I’m sorry champ, but I got family coming over & I’m in the kitchen cheffing, so u gone have to search & read or maybe @TheOriginalCane can rehash it for u.

And finally, ur last point is exactly why I said I’ve not agreed w/ a lot of decisions the school has made, YET I remain loyal.

We’re all entitled to our opinions & taste. Some ppl like fried chicken, while others like fried pigeon. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think some of ya’ll confuse why I function w/ Nike over Adidas as if I have a cult following of it. I know a lot of chit about it b/c I’ve been connected to several ppl who work there for over 20+ yrs.

There’s very specific reasons y I would want The U to be branded by Nike vs. Adidas that have chit to do w/ me & everything to do w/ brand imaging that helps elevate the program’s status + help with recruiting. I’ve listed articles, provided stats, @TheOriginalCane provided back end losses he’s heard first hand to this board, etc. all to validate my reasons y. If some on the board can’t see that or haven’t been following the plethora of Easter Eggs I’ve been dropping like I’m the mutha fckin Cadbury Bunny, then in the words of Jay Z, what more can I say.

My personal preference of Nike over Adidas is for an off-topic discussion. There’s very detailed & specific reasons both historically & personally why I would never f w/ Adidas (I’ve already shared two on this board). Just b/c I have a ton of Nikes/JBs doesn’t mean I don’t have far greater clothing & branding items from other companies. Truth be told, most likely u’ll catch me in some Chucks, Red Bottoms, & dress shoes 6/10 than my J’s or Nikes b/c I’m a hood ninja that’s both educated & business minded.

I’ve been loyal w/ Miami since 1987, my guy. I haven’t agreed w/ moves they’ve made, including the switch to Adidas b/c I knew the ramifications (and those all have come to fruition, btw). Miami can sign a life time deal w/ Adidas, & I’ll still f w/ them. Would I agree? **** no, but I also didn’t agree w/ them hiring Shannon, Golden, Diaz, Blake James, not having a contingency plan when whispers of The OB was going to be destroyed, etc. Yet, I here I is still rumbling & f’ing w/ all ya’ll numbnuts on this board loyally.

I want Nike because its best for recruiting and merch sales and I hate *****. Period.

Also I like both fried chicken and fried pigeon.

Advertisement
I didn’t bypass anything; I was quite blunt when I said

1. I wear other brands than Nike far more often
2. I’ve been rocking w/ the Canes since 1987

Again, I tell ya’ll things & it flies over ur heads. That’s CLEARLY stating I would chose option 1 over option 2.

I’ve already spoken on the ramifications way too many times to rehash, both in real time & in way too many threads for future predictions. I’m sorry champ, but I got family coming over & I’m in the kitchen cheffing, so u gone have to search & read or maybe @TheOriginalCane can rehash it for u.

And finally, ur last point is exactly why I said I’ve not agreed w/ a lot of decisions the school has made, YET I remain loyal.
If it's on the DSW clearance rack and fits me I'm all over it... LOL...
In all seriousness I got turned on to some brands I never would pay mind too hitting the rack... I'm not talking regular sneakers though, more dress sneakers if that's a thing... One brand I liked was Bull Boxer... They make a cool sneaker to wear with jeans ..

Great ?, & of course this is just my opinion:

I think Miami should pull an OSU or Bama & keep it traditional w/ a minor caveat.

As I’ve stated b4 to those who claimed Nike treated us bad, the only team that had more uniform combos or uniforms re-designs than us was UO. However, we’re not UO, & I don’t particularly care for many uniform combos. UO did it out of necessity, & kudos to them for it working in their favor.

With us, keep the OG’s (orange over white, white over orange, the original storm troopers, green over white, white over green). Here’s my caveat: I wouldn’t mind a black jersey for a special night game, nor would I mind a classic throw back from the archives to commemorate an important event in our history on occasions, and this may sound taboo, but I wouldn’t mind a Miami Vice jersey on a breast cancer awareness week.

Other than that, keeping us traditional for the most part would be my preference.
@Rellyrell I gotta ask because we pretty much have identical taste when it comes to the uniform conversation… and I’ve thought about that Miami Vice themed jersey for a minute because it does work very well for the Heat as an alternative.

But I also gave a strong liking for the green on green combo… this one
70C0F607-0156-4961-B1E7-E9E4E85E087E.png

Not this one though…
FD4A63F3-30A0-4E74-9C62-D2D8BFC4C694.jpeg

Completely different vibe to me… what are thoughts on this scheme?

Let me just say something brief.

WHEN DONE CORRECTLY, I am OK with curved lines being used in our uniform. We are the Hurricanes. A hurricane is a circular cloud formation, and if we use the swooping lines effectively, it looks great.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell I gotta ask because we pretty much have identical taste when it comes to the uniform conversation… and I’ve thought about that Miami Vice themed jersey for a minute because it does work very well for the Heat as an alternative.

View attachment 240268

Not this one though…
View attachment 240269

The first ones are awful. They are basic, the beak on the shoulder looks like the Gatorade lightning bolt, and do not at all capture the brand of Miami whatsoever. The only way you knows it’s Miami is the helmet.

I want Nike back, to be clear, but I just don’t like that combo or style of Nike jersey

View attachment 240268

Not this one though…
View attachment 240269

Yeah, the 2014, all green was fine. I’ve said from the jump, I hate Adidas’ reiteration of our green. Now I see how Michigan fans complained about Adidas’ reiteration of their Maize (they called it Sun Yellow, lol). The only jersey combo I have issues w/ no matter who the sponsor is, is all orange, orange on green (or vise versa).

The Miami Heat r exactly what gave me the idea regarding The Hurricanes having that alternate for breast cancer awareness. I think it’ll be real cool, & the recruits would love them.

Also, I stay getting oooos & awwwws from random folks on my Miami dunks, especially since I have a Hurricanes hat that matches exactly w/ the colors.

Yeah, the 2014, all green was fine. I’ve said from the jump, I hate Adidas’ reiteration of our green. Now I see how Michigan fans complained about Adidas’ reiteration of their Maize (they called it Sun Yellow, lol). The only jersey combo I have issues w/ no matter who the sponsor is, is all orange, orange on green (or vise versa).

The Miami Heat r exactly what gave me the idea regarding The Hurricanes having that alternate for breast cancer awareness. I think it’ll be real cool, & the recruits would love them.

Also, I stay getting oooos & awwwws from random folks on my Miami dunks, especially since I have a Hurricanes hat that matches exactly w/ the colors.
I also think our orange is the wrong shade under Adidas

It depends when & where they were spotted. Adidas typically has an exclusivity clause which states: Each team, including all participants shall wear only Adidas products when involved in any team events, official school events that includes games or practice, any filming, photographing, and participating in or hosting any clinics.

If it’s just someone randomly seen in some Nike, Pumas, etc. then this means absolutely nothing, but if they were hosting some recruits, then yeah, that would mean something.
NGL I would hate my life if I had to wear adidas shoes and shirts 24/7 for work. Besides the ultra boost, there stuff is not comfortable or flexible

Advertisement
Don’t mean to derail, but curious what your thoughts @Rellyrell are on NOBULL. I saw they sponsored/supplied the gear for the combine this year and have been signing players like Mac Jones to endorsement deals.

Curious as to what you think of their products and if you could see them getting into sponsoring schools down the road.

I’ve never wore their product, but I’ve only heard good things about their shoes for working out/walking.

NGL I would hate my life if I had to wear adidas shoes and shirts 24/7 for work. Besides the ultra boost, there stuff is not comfortable or flexible

I think NB, Brooks, and Cloud make really comfortable shoes. Also, I know hype was around Yeezy Foam Runners, but honest reviewers have said the same thing:

1. Pretty durable shoe despite material made of
2. Can be worn daily w/ no issues
3. Comfort level is overhyped, but it’s a solid comfort shoe
4. A hassle to slip on & off despite its design
5. Must wear w/ socks or feet/ankles will be prone to blistering/friction burns.

One thing I will say about Adidas, they do a better price point for children/toddler shoes, & I think their life style sweaters, track pants r fire.

Advertisement
I also think our orange is the wrong shade under Adidas

It is; but I can tolerate that more than that green, bro. It’s this shimmer/iridescent tone on the numbers/stripes.

I saw ur comment about the 2014 jerseys, & I do agree w/ u on certain aspects of it, but truthfully out of the newer designs we received from Nike (of course not including the 2000-2002 joints), 2014 is literally one of my sleeper unis, & the fan version was fire. What makes it sad was those FAMU combos that (as I stand corrected) the players chose. Still not sure why they would choose that combo. Lol. But, Jmo..I really thought the 14’s were hot. Now, what I really would’ve wished is those green lids would’ve been a matted green vs. that ornament joint. I love a good throwback so seeing green helmets excited me, but imo, they dropped the ball on the finish.

Last edited:
Don’t mean to derail, but curious what your thoughts @Rellyrell are on NOBULL. I saw they sponsored/supplied the gear for the combine this year and have been signing players like Mac Jones to endorsement deals.

Curious as to what you think of their products and if you could see them getting into sponsoring schools down the road.

I’ve never wore their product, but I’ve only heard good things about their shoes for working out/walking.

Ive heard nothing but good things, too. I haven’t tried on their products, but I think they can get in to the arena. They kinda remind me of how UA started. Man, I had HIGH hopes for UA. All I used to wear was UA tops for working out. They lost their way, BIG TIME. Truthfully, when Nike approached them, hind sight is 20/20, but Plank should’ve taken that deal. He would’ve still been in control, but been a subsidiary.

I think No Bull is doing it right, & if they stay the course, they’ll be there. Getting their name at the NFL Combine is huge. I’ll be checking them out this Summer.

It is; but I can tolerate that more than that green, bro. It’s this shimmer/iridescent tone on the numbers/stripes.

I saw ur comment about the 2014 jerseys, & I do agree w/ u on certain aspects of it, but truthfully out of the newer designs we received from Nike (of course not including the 2000-2002 joints), 2014 is literally one of my sleeper unis, & the fan version was fire. What makes it sad was those FAMU combos that (as I stand corrected) the players chose. Still not sure why they would choose that combo. Lol. But, Jmo..I really thought the 14’s were hot. Now, what I really would’ve wished is those green lids would’ve been a matted green vs. that ornament joint. I love a good throwback so seeing green helmets excited me, but imo, they dropped the ball on the finish.
I agree that overall the 2014s weren’t a bad design. With the picture posted, I mostly just have issues with the green on green (I also hate the orange on orange). I don’t hate the 2014 in the regular combos and I agree that FAMU combo was so ******* bad lol.

Advertisement
Back