Nike deal

There have never been a ton of Miami shirts or anything else. Nike didn’t have us on the front page of sites and they didn’t have a hundred UM shirts. Neither does adidas.

In the end, this is one of the dumbest arguments on here, and that’s saying something. It might be time for some of you to stop and think about the degree to which you associate who you are with what you wear.
I was younger when Miami still had Nike but I remember their merchandise being much better looking on par with the big time Nike schools. Aside from the fact that unfortunately Miami was average and boring on the field. If Miami produced like OSU, Bama, Texas there’d be an explosion of merchandise with Nike.

For your second argument. I live in Texas and work in construction. 90% of the time I’m in Columbia and Ariat. But if I’m in athletic gear it’s 90% Nike with the rest mostly Under Armour. Adidas makes a **** boring product and it translates to the field and how they represent their clients.

But if you’d like to pretend you know me and break down my perceived public image of myself then be my guest! 😂

Advertisement
I was younger when Miami still had Nike but I remember their merchandise being much better looking on par with the big time Nike schools. Aside from the fact that unfortunately Miami was average and boring on the field. If Miami produced like OSU, Bama, Texas there’d be an explosion of merchandise with Nike.

For your second argument. I live in Texas and work in construction. 90% of the time I’m in Columbia and Ariat. But if I’m in athletic gear it’s 90% Nike with the rest mostly Under Armour. Adidas makes a **** boring product and it translates to the field and how they represent their clients.

But if you’d like to pretend you know me and break down my perceived public image of myself then be my guest! 😂

our jerseys 10000 times better now than they were under nike.

either way, its all the same crap. I liked the nike designs before better but there are some nice stuff ive seen from Adidas recently. either way, idc what apparel brand we partner with.

Brother, don’t bother. Listen, we’re grouped w/ Nebraska, ASU, UDub, UL, BC, and all of the powerful G5 programs that Adidas sponsors. Oh, well TAMU has a $485m football complex, so I guess we’re in good company.

Nothing is going to happen with Nike. Nada. Now Jordan brand jumping man that’s another story But nothing Is happening any time soon.

Well I can tell u I heard different. Not immediate, but looking to early exit in 2 yrs, & I heard that from multiple ppl. Apparently when that report came out about how Adidas tried to sneak us (and that alone should stop all the caking for Adidas, but to each its own), it rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way.

Advertisement
I’m trying to broker a deal as we speak on the Nike Huaraches Zoom w/ The U & Ibis on the insole. I saw these on Flight Club for $350 in my size & I was like f that. Lol. Had to make some phone calls. Lol. Are urs dead stock?
Mine are not DS…got them new in 2015/16…and are canes colors only. I didn’t even realize they made them with the U and Ibis. $350 is high but **** lol

When Nike decides to pay Miami like they paid Michigan, Tennessee and other schools, we can talk. Until then, they can kick rocks. The fact that we have so many fans willing to tolerate a company that treated my alma mater like trash is beyond me.

Well I can tell u I heard different. Not immediate, but looking to early exit in 2 yrs, & I heard that from multiple ppl. Apparently when that report came out about how Adidas tried to sneak us (and that alone should stop all the caking for Adidas, but to each its own), it rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way.
Yes early exit but nothing immediate and nothing happening w nike..

Advertisement
So u heard early exit, as well? I don’t think anyone here thought immediate meant tomorrow. Lol.
Heard early exit but not anytime soon .. there wasn’t anything specific. Jordan would be the brand unless there is a big change w Nike .. not expected

Phil knight not happy.. Jordan brand is run separately . That’s why Jordan brand makes sense

Fair enough. Relly and I were talking Jumpman much earlier in either this thread or another thread on the subject.

And 2 years from now is...2 years from now. I'm sure Phil wasn't happy when F$U hired Taggart, but he didn't exact any corporate revenge.

Money is still green.

Advertisement
Bro, please send me a PM when its time to clear out my closet. Me and my lady have too many Adidas UM gear that are better off in the Caribbean.

Checks over stripes.

When Nike decides to pay Miami like they paid Michigan, Tennessee and other schools, we can talk. Until then, they can kick rocks. The fact that we have so many fans willing to tolerate a company that treated my alma mater like trash is beyond me.
My brother, I understand your perspective. I attended school here under the Adidas tenure so I would be lying if im “anti” adidas. The only Adidas gear in my closet are UM branded.

However, i want to believe nike WILL cut the check. And the first Nike School comes home and take our seat at the top

Checks > Stripes.

Phil knight not happy.. Jordan brand is run separately . That’s why Jordan brand makes sense

4 thee last time, Phil Knight is not a voting member of Nike, nor is he “not happy.” Disappointed? Yes. The rumors that circulated were widely overblown b/c of Oregon “snatching” Cristobal’s contract offer. It’s widely known from ppl I spoke to that Cristobal’s decision was respected due to family & it wasn’t some sleezeball move unlike T-Rob. Furthermore, Knight is a business man, but that’s moot b/c he’s Chairman Emeritus. Parker is Executive Chairman, & Donahue is President & CEO. Knight is nothing more than a founding board member w/ no voting power that’s a powerful booster for both UO & Stanford. It’s time stop this narrative.

Advertisement
So by that logic you don’t want Adidas either since they intentionally short changed the **** out of The U right??

Advertisement
Back