Nike deal

Advertisement

So question if we do bring in that AD that has a good relationship with Adidas how does that effect Mario and Nike

It doesn't. Because most coaches don't give a **** about the apparel supplier especially when you are splitting hairs in regards to quality. People act like Adidas is some third tier company, when they are one of the largest companies on earth, and a close second behind Nike in the sports apparel market. Unlike irrational, cultist fans, most college coaches see the apparel supplier as a partner ,and the company that can supply their program with financial resources, as well as merchandise and supplies on a regular basis is who they are fine with.

One of the major reasons Miami flipped to Adidas was the lack of priority Nike gave them. Maybe rightfully so.

There were times when Miami was with Nike that they’d have a ripped jersey from the week prior, they’d send it to Nike, and they wouldn’t have it fixed for the following week. Hense why Corn Elder wore a different jersey one game. (Pretty sure it was him)

I’m a huge Nike guy personally, always thought their gear was better when I was playing. Would never touch Under Armor or Adidas.

So yes Miami had an opportunity with Adidas but also because Nike wasn’t doing much for them. Obviously it would be interesting if Mario were to come, and that contract expires what happens with Nike. Personally I’d take Jordan Brand over any of them.
Why would Miami go back to a company that treated them like crap? I'm still waiting for someone to answer that question besides saying "Perception is reality". Amazing how many people are willing to overlook basic elements of successful management, all because of a stupid logo. A bit of a hypothetical for our fans.

You are the CEO of a large company, and have to pick between two suppliers for certain goods. They pay you for the right to supply your company and you also get a cut of any profits they make from using your companies name and intellectual property in their marketing.

There are two companies(A & B)vying for the contract, they are the top 2 companies in the industry. One, due to them being the first to market has cornered it, but performed poorly in your last contract with them. By performed poorly, I mean treated you like utter garbage, and could not be relied upon to execute the basic tenets of the contract. Company B is quite large, is a solid #2 to Company A in the industry, and is making a sizable offer and wants to use you as their premier company to attract other organizations. Company A made you a laughable offer, and honestly hasn't made a commitment to fixing their previous issues. Which company do you go with?

If you are a CEO that wants to stay employed and isn't a complete idiot, B would be the answer. I can't stand Blake James and I'm beyond happy he got canned, but the guy did right by the University by telling Nike to kick rocks. Miami shouldn't tolerate being someone's secondary option.

Last edited:
This is a thread created by a person that does not understand business! Nike punked us, Adidas gave us lots of money and sponsored all of our teams!

When The U is back Adidas will pour even more money!

Pls stop w/ this bull chit. Like seriously, it’s sickening!

MIAMI PUNKED US! What part of that do u guys don’t understand?!

Gawlee, it’s like some of u guys r fixated on a bull chit narrative b/c we’re no longer w/ them. Again, NIKE allowed us to shop b/c of the bull chit that was going on for over a decade, but more specifically, keeping Golden!

It doesn't. Because most coaches don't give a **** about the apparel supplier especially when you are splitting hairs in regards to quality. People act like Adidas is some third tier company, when they are one of the largest companies on earth, and a close second behind Nike in the sports apparel market. Unlike irrational, cultist fans, most college coaches see the apparel supplier as a partner ,and the company that can supply their program with financial resources, as well as merchandise and supplies on a regular basis is who they are fine with.

They r not remotely a “close 2nd.” Lol. They r 2nd, and their second place has chit to do w/ sports. They r 2nd b/c of the Yeezy line, which is y they allow Yeezy to tweet him wearing NIKE GEAR, b/c they can’t afford to lose him, literally.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 515EC4CB-DB27-4DD2-A426-16E92B3BEC55.jpeg
    515EC4CB-DB27-4DD2-A426-16E92B3BEC55.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
also, adidas is a better product imo

Advertisement
Nothing is going to happen with Nike. Nada. Now Jordan brand jumping man that’s another story But nothing Is happening any time soon.

Advertisement
It's the same crap that Nike was putting out. The difference is minimal at best. What difference does it make anyway? The typical Miami fan buys merch once a decade anyway....
Go to Fanatics.com and compare. Cause I just did. I searched Ohio State shirts. Got rid of all the other brands, just selected Nike. They have 5 pages. And it’s good looking gear (but F OSU)

I did the same thing for Miami. Only selected adidas. Barely 1 page.

And that’s 90 items per page. So 450+ options from Nike. Less than 90 from Adidas!

What’s the difference???

Go to Fanatics.com and compare. Cause I just did. I searched Ohio State shirts. Got rid of all the other brands, just selected Nike. They have 5 pages. And it’s good looking gear (but F OSU)

And that’s 90 items per page. So 450+ options from Nike. Less than 90 from Adidas!

What’s the difference???
How much of that stuff actually sells? Just having a ton of ugly crap, just to say we have a lot of stuff is a bit pointless. I looked at what Nike put out for OSU, a lot of it is filler, shelf puppies. Then again, I'm quite sure OSU fans actually buy apparel, so they feel comfortable putting out a ton.

Advertisement
Have those same sneakers, haven't worn them yet. Waiting on a special occasion lol

I’m trying to broker a deal as we speak on the Nike Huaraches Zoom w/ The U & Ibis on the insole. I saw these on Flight Club for $350 in my size & I was like f that. Lol. Had to make some phone calls. Lol. Are urs dead stock?

They r not remotely a “close 2nd.” Lol. They r 2nd, and their second place has chit to do w/ sports. They r 2nd b/c of the Yeezy line, which is y they allow Yeezy to tweet him wearing NIKE GEAR, b/c they can’t afford to lose him, literally.
I respect you as a poster but I think this is a bad take. They are as large as they are because of how popular they are with soccer.

What’s the difference???
There have never been a ton of Miami shirts or anything else. Nike didn’t have us on the front page of sites and they didn’t have a hundred UM shirts. Neither does adidas.

In the end, this is one of the dumbest arguments on here, and that’s saying something. It might be time for some of you to stop and think about the degree to which you associate who you are with what you wear.

I respect you as a poster but I think this is a bad take. They are as large as they are because of how popular they are with soccer.

Brethern, follow my post about Adidas. I’ve called them a Futbol company. Lol. Which is y I didn’t want them to rep us.

I’m referring to their mainstream following here in the U.S. Adidas was irreverent outside of Futbol until Ye. Even their boost went unnoticed until it was applied to the Yeezy.

With that being said, even now they r losing ground on their stranglehold on Futbol due to Nike & the reemergence of Puma on that scene. But Adidas stock soared w/ Ye; they fell behind Under Armour as the #2 company prior to Ye.

Advertisement
Back