Nike deal

What shoe business? These are the guys that own intercity Miami which is an Adidas franchise. I’m just not following what’s going on. But whatever it is, it doesn’t sound like it’s official Miami business. Unless you know something that you’re not saying.

Relax. The entire MLS has an adidas deal. Inter Miami is not "an adidas franchise". The MLS and NHL have adidas deals. Other sports leagues have Nike deals. If MLS switches to Nike next week, it simply depends on the deal. Doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We shouldn't move to Nike just because they are Nike. We need the most lucrative deal.

With all due respect, this whole "we need the contract that pays the most" is a load of crap.

adidas pays around 8 million per year. For all sports. UM just announced that they are upping the annual budget by 20 to 30 million. ****, we could take a pay cut to go to Nike and still be WAY up.

Do a 5-year deal with Nike that takes us to (what would have been) the end of the adidas contract. Take 5 million per year from Nike. Hire Mario and bet on ourselves. If Miami wins, the next contract (which we would need to negotiate anyhow) will be far greater.

Sacrifice 15 million. ****, that's what a Mario buyout is going to cost us anyhow. Peanuts, once we up the budget and get fund-raising back on track.

With all due respect, this whole "we need the contract that pays the most" is a load of crap.

adidas pays around 8 million per year. For all sports. UM just announced that they are upping the annual budget by 20 to 30 million. ****, we could take a pay cut to go to Nike and still be WAY up.

Do a 5-year deal with Nike that takes us to (what would have been) the end of the adidas contract. Take 5 million per year from Nike. Hire Mario and bet on ourselves. If Miami wins, the next contract (which we would need to negotiate anyhow) will be far greater.

Sacrifice 15 million. ****, that's what a Mario buyout is going to cost us anyhow. Peanuts, once we up the budget and get fund-raising back on track.
Why take a pay cut? We can hire Lane and win with him. If we are going to hire Mario, lets just buy out the contract.

The adidas deal is probably the best think Blake James did. Adidas is paying us like triple what Nike was offering, AND we're getting far more gear.
I like Nike better than Adidas too, but y'all trippin
Exactly. Adidas invested heavily in us when Nike gave us their *** to kiss. Unless Nike is willing to beat what we're getting paid, ****-em. Adidas is the number 2 shoe company in the world, it's not like we out there wearing Keds.

Advertisement
Different situation but Ucf has horrible uniforms and when Scott frost left Oregon to go there he brought Nike and a host of awesome uniforms. A relationship that still bears fruit two coaches later
I believe that situation happened b/c of MJ’s son, Marcus. He refused to wear Adidas shoes on court, which caused problems. In the end, The contract was voided.

I’m assuming he’s somewhat interested if they’re trying to find loopholes for all of this? @TheOriginalCane

The adidas deal is probably the best think Blake James did. Adidas is paying us like triple what Nike was offering, AND we're getting far more gear.
I like Nike better than Adidas too, but y'all trippin
Im a MJ guy but have no issues with Adidas. The Nike cult online is mad bizarre. Don’t even bother with them. I just want to look like the Canes that I love and don’t care what logo does it.

Advertisement
Why take a pay cut? We can hire Lane and win with him. If we are going to hire Mario, lets just buy out the contract.

Who is "we"? Are you on the Board of Trustees? It's amazing how Lane Train passengers just think Mario and Lane are interchangeable candidates to the BOT.

None of this is true. Particularly the payment amount. Ask @Rellyrell .
Nike treated us like ****. That’s a fact. Nike was a lower bidder than Adidas. That’s a fact. It’s simple business. Miami did the right thing here. Blake James was a horrific AD (another fact) but he did the right thing in this case.

Advertisement
Who is "we"? Are you on the Board of Trustees? It's amazing how Lane Train passengers just think Mario and Lane are interchangeable candidates to the BOT.
Are those not the two who have been talked about the most in regards to the Miami head coaching job? Are you on the Board of Trustees? If so tell me what I'm missing.

I think though leaking the Lane interest puts some pressure in the negotiations. Even though "we are all in" on Mario you don't want to be in a position where you can't say no and be willing to walk away. You want to have some credible leverage on your side.
Exactly. Kiffin is our leverage. Having our Legal Hit Men in Eugene ready to go all all Moe Green on the Ducks Administration just emphasizes our willingness to work this deal to a successful conclusion.

Lane’s problem is that he never understood how to play Hard To Get.

Exactly. Kiffin is our leverage. Having our Legal Hit Men in Eugene ready to go all all Moe Green on the Ducks Administration just emphasizes our willingness to work this deal to a successful conclusion.

Lane’s problem is that he never understood how to play Hard To Get.
He’s in the city of brown lakes. Can you blame him?

Advertisement
Back