Nike deal

Advertisement
So was listening to one of the canes blogs and they said Mario and money not an issue but somehow Nike was an obstacle.

Anyone know what that could mean?

I know Mario is very appreciative of what Phil Knight and Nike has done for him in giving him a P5 coaching opportunity and providing plenty of financial resources.

As a sort of pay back to Knight for what heā€™s done be that Mario asks for UM go back to Nike as part of the negotiations?

If thatā€™s the case what are the legal and financial repercussions breaking the contract with ADIDAS?
Perhaps some agreement between Nike and Mario adding a touch more poison pill to wrenching him out of Oregon to other than Nike sponsored teams??

reading the tea leaves it is apparent to me that to get to Mario you will need to deal with Nike (i.e. Phil Knight). Sounds reasonable that something can be worked out for Oregon to let go of Mario by striking a new Nike deal so that everyone is relatively happy with the outcome.

Advertisement
I donā€™t think u understand marketing or perception. Furthermore, u donā€™t understand upfront $ v. backend $. Hence u continue to say ā€œwhoā€™s paying more.ā€

Iā€™m not sure what line of business uā€™re in, but itā€™s not as simple ā€œthey r paying more money.ā€ For instance, Bama is only making $5m/yr from Nike, yet they are making 15% of all Nike Bama sales. So if Bama is selling $10m worth of product/yr, they make an additional $1.5m. Guess what? Bama sells way more than $10m in products. They r the second highest merchandise mover behind Texas. So that $5m is contractually worth more than our deal, even though our upfront $ is more.

so tell your boys at nike to offer Miami a deal with fronting the buyout. Miami was getting shafted by nike at the end esp w team equipment. I care more about that.

trust me, idgaf about what logo is on a shirt. whichever helps the school pay for **** matters to me more. if its nike so be it. if its Russell so be it.

Flo on his show the other day said something about Nike being an obstacle with Mario, is it that Mario wants Nike or something else? @Cribby
I know that Miami people arenā€™t crazy about the adidas deal. I also know of former players and other influential people that believe Miami school. Just like most of us older fans. That hasnā€™t been a secret for awhile.

If Mario was to come Iā€™d think thereā€™s a shot we go to Nike or Jumpman. Also the adidas deal is more proof Blake is an absolute **** waffle.

Perhaps some agreement between Nike and Mario adding a touch more poison pill to wrenching him out of Oregon to other than Nike sponsored teams??

Oh, they are not going to let Mario go so easy and not try to get something out of the deal is my take.

so tell your boys at nike to offer Miami a deal with fronting the buyout. Miami was getting shafted by nike at the end esp w team equipment. I care more about that.

trust me, idgaf about what logo is on a shirt. whichever helps the school pay for **** matters to me more. if its nike so be it. if its Russell so be it.
Reebok tryna make a comeback

Advertisement
reading the tea leaves it is apparent to me that to get to Mario you will need to deal with Nike (i.e. Phil Knight). Sounds reasonable that something can be worked out for Oregon to let go of Mario by striking a new Nike deal so that everyone is relatively happy with the outcome.
Bingo šŸŽÆ

You sure itā€™s not you kankles? Lol, nah I feel ya. Me and my man @Rellyrell have never been down with Adidas, and I tried.
I don't mind adidas. They seem to make their shoe a bit wider. I got wide feet. Nikes feel too constricting on my feet

Advertisement
You guys really overestimate:

1. The relationship between Nike and Oregon Univ
2. Phil Knightā€™s interest and involvement with their football program
3. Phil Knightā€™s involvement with day to day decisions and negotiations of Nike

Will Miami try to hire Mario from Oregon? The attempt is almost a certainty

Is Miami in the process of leaving Adidas for Nike? No for multiple reason

Are these two items connected? 100% not

Wrong and somewhat wrong.
jason-momoa-chair.gif

Advertisement
Wrong and somewhat wrong.

Ohhhh okay.

A desire to do something and actually doing it are two different things.

And how ****ed off would Oregon been at Nike and Phil Knight for negotiating a quid pro quo deal to allow Mario to leave Oregon for Miami if Miami switched back to Nike

Logistical and contractually itā€™s not true

Advertisement
Back