Nike deal

Look, I think Oregon (and Phil Knight) are quietly confident that they will hire a good head coach if Mario leaves. Oregon has had a pretty successful 40-year run of head coaches.

Rich Brooks took Oregon from nothing to the Rose Bowl before leaving for the NFL.
Mike Bellotti had Oregon ranked and/or bowl-bound nearly every year before moving over to the AD job.
Chip Kelly did very well prior to leaving for the NFL.
Mark Helfrich took Oregon to the national championship game before bottoming out and being fired.
Willie Taggart started a 1-year turnaround before leaving for F$U.
Mario Cristobal is doing pretty well.

I don't think Oregon will have difficulty finding and hiring a good coach if Mario leaves, and I think Oregon knows that.

All those coaches have had "Nike money" all along. Three of the last five Oregon head coaches left for another coaching job. And I don't think Nike and Phil Knight have extracted revenge on any of them.

Let's not build up some myth about how no coach in his right mind would walk away from Oregon/facilities/money/Nike.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nike can buy it out stupid
Nike wouldn't even pay Miami like a big boy school before, which is why we left for a much more lucrative Adidas contract, but now suddenly Nike is willing to pay a fair contract AND pony up to buy out the Adidas contract?

Nike wouldn't even pay Miami like a big boy school before, which is why we left for a much more lucrative Adidas contract, but now suddenly Nike is willing to pay a fair contract AND pony up to buy out the Adidas contract?

Go back and read what was written. @Rellyrell said that Nike offered an incentive-heavy contract in 2015, given how we nosedived from 2005-2015. At this point, I'd be happy to take that contract to be with a better company. If we hire a tougher AD than what we had in Hocutt-Eichorst-James, then that AD stands up for our traditional colorways, and we don't have Nike foisting its hottt neuw Zubaz-inspired designs on us.

No matter what happens, between money sacrificed to get away from adidas, and CURRENTLY not being worthy of a top-dollar deal with Nike, we are NOT going to have the same shoe revenue over the next 5 years with anyone else that we would have staying with adidas. And, again, I'm fine with that.

Advertisement
They was so loyal that in the contract it stated that we would be the highest paid school but they turn around and give Louisville more and not give us our monetary bump. Yeah that's loyalty that should be rewarded.
Good point but once it was brought to their attention they started to meet the contractual agreement.

Just do it
Clapping Applause GIF

Jesus here comes another nike vs Adidas thread. who's paying more? Adidas? ok then ima. fan. I don't really care what's moving or what isn't. if we were good, wed move everything we produce. also, the only time to shop the Adidas site is when they give you a nice coupon otherwise better off at fanatics or caneswear all canes. that's been the place to get most Miami gear regardless of apparel brand. ****, even the bookstore didn't have as much stuff as all canes

Advertisement
Nike can buy it out stupid

Aren’t you the idiot who wanted to start Garcia over everybody else. And you’re calling me stupid?

You know what stupid is? Thinking Nike is buying it out.

Give me one good reason why they would do that.

Next time you call somebody stupid make sure you’re not the stupid one., because you’re the biggest short bus rider on this site.

Now get back to drinking your juice box and eating your bologna sandwich. Break time is over, son.

Aren’t you the idiot who wanted to start Garcia over everybody else. And you’re calling me stupid?

You know what stupid is? Thinking Nike is buying it out.

Give me one good reason why they would do that.

Next time you call somebody stupid make sure you’re not the stupid one., because you’re the biggest short bus rider on this site.

Now get back to drinking your juice box and eating your bologna sandwich. Break time is over, son.

why would nike buy out the deal when were stealing their owners fav coach lol

Advertisement
Man y’all need to stop hating on X. He’s usually spot on! Idk about the going back to Nike talk but he has great info! He’s with Canesville/Footballville, & them dudes have great sources. To be real they were the first ones who gave the information about Blake being fired weeks ago. They jus gave Tim Reynolds the credit! Stop holding y’all’s nuts on ppl all of the time on this board ****!
TBH, @Cribby was a little ahead of them, which leads me to believe they may have the same sources.

Advertisement
Back