Night and day

Advertisement
We don't need to see Al to be reminded that Dalè Coley was a better OC/Play caller than the guys we got now.

I didn't post this for al. This was to educate our fan base who try to blame everything on the players when anyone with half a brain can see there has been regression with our O and the only thing that has changed is the coaching. Last time I checked, Al had little to do with the offense.

Maybe you should read some of the other comments. It looks like other people watched the game while you watched the highlights.

We don't need to see Al to be reminded that Dalè Coley was a better OC/Play caller than the guys we got now.

I didn't post this for al. This was to educate our fan base who try to blame everything on the players when anyone with half a brain can see there has been regression with our O and the only thing that has changed is the coaching. Last time I checked, Al had little to do with the offense.

Maybe you should read some of the other comments. It looks like other people watched the game while you watched the highlights.
Was there in person and watched the replay thank you very much. Do you have anything intelligent to add?

Need to look at the big picture. We sucked last year and suck this year.

Syracuse's new system put up 561 yds on that defense. I'm sure their crowd of 33,000 had VT petrified, doe...

Syracuse needs more time.

Miami had almost the same exact number of yards in those two games... 395-365...... the biggest differences were that Va Tech had 4 turnovers last year and they had 523 total yards this year.

Advertisement

Syracuse's new system put up 561 yds on that defense. I'm sure their crowd of 33,000 had VT petrified, doe...

Miami had almost the same exact number of yards in those two games... 395-365...... the biggest differences were that Va Tech had 4 turnovers last year and they had 523 total yards this year.

What does that have to do with Syracuse?

And why is VT's offense so much better this year? Go ahead now and tell me that it's only Evans and has nothing to do with a proven offensive guru Fuente installing a proven system.

And why is VT's offense so much better this year? Go ahead now and tell me that it's only Evans and has nothing to do with a proven offensive guru Fuente installing a proven system.

Va Tech turned the ball over 4 times last year....that has a way of stopping teams.

And your Syracuse point was a shot at MR as an OC. However, Miami had the same amount of yards last year as this year. The biggest difference in the two games was the turnovers and the ability of Va Teach to put up large numbers against the defense this year.

Miami's offense wasn't some big difference in the game last year against Va Tech. It was more of an awful effort on the part of Va Techs offense last year and Miami's defense this year.

Va Tech turned the ball over 4 times last year....that has a way of stopping teams.

And your Syracuse point was a shot at MR as an OC. However, Miami had the same amount of yards last year as this year. The biggest difference in the two games was the turnovers and the ability of Va Teach to put up large numbers against the defense this year.

Miami's offense wasn't some big difference in the game last year against Va Tech. It was more of an awful effort on the part of Va Techs offense last year and Miami's defense this year.

Why are Syracuse and VT so greatly improved on offense with 1st year systems, and we're actually worse?

Advertisement

Of course 7 more sacks compared to last year doesn't factor in at all...

Why are Syracuse and VT so greatly improved on offense with 1st year systems, and we're actually worse?

Easy answer. Dual threat QBs.

Neither coach would be having these great 1st year results with a sloth footed statue and bad oline.

A running qb is a blessing in CFB.

Advertisement

So VT plays the same every year? They aren't capable of having a bad performance last year and a good one this year but Miami is?

Was there in person and watched the replay thank you very much. Do you have anything intelligent to add?

No, but that was my point. mwcane31 and cneaddict pretty much covered all the bases regarding your post. Maybe you should check out their responses.

Advertisement

Why are you ignoring the 14 more negative plays this year compared to last?

Negative Plays vs VT 2016:

12 tackles for loss -69 yds
8 sacks -57 yds
total = 20 negative plays -126 yds

Negative Plays vs VT 2015:

5 tackles for loss -16 yds
1 sack -8 yds
total = 6 negative plays -24 yds

Can you these spin numbers?
30% of the total plays (67) went for negative yds in 2016
8% of the total plays (69) went for negative yds in 2015

Advertisement