Night and day

gfer1988

Senior
https://youtu.be/PVTPhy1WIZg

Our win against va tech last year. Look at how our offense performed against the same bud foster coached defense. Notice how much better we executed on offense with pretty much the same personnel. Look at kaaya working the pocket and checking down. Look at our offense not get their sh*t pushed in. Look at us attack the middle of the field especially in the red zone. This is for all of our emotional reasoning fans that seem to have amnesia. Try to tell me our guys just aren't any good and that it's not the new scheme.

Advertisement
We don't need to see Al to be reminded that Dalè Coley was a better OC/Play caller than the guys we got now.

This is how dumb our fanbase is... Did you even watch it?

The highlight starts with a one-handed catch from Yearby... If someone does that this year, maybe they can sustain a drive!

Their QB just FLAT DROPS THE BALL and the D recovers on their 3 yard line... That sets up the Canes 1st TD!

Big Catch by Njoku to set up 1st and goal from the 9... Next Highlight is a Draw by Yearby on 3RD AND GOAL FROM THE 27! FG.

1 HUGE play where the VT D jumps offsides, then quits, so Kaaya has all day to throw and just throws a prayer to Herb and he makes a great play on it. Then, punt.

The Miami D got an INT on the VT 30 yard line... next play was a 12 yard run... FG on that drive.

Miami won the TO battle 4-0.

Miami was playing at home vs a coach that had quit and his team had as well.

Miami essentially had 1 good drive.

Here's whats night and day with this post that points fingers at the wrong things:

- 4 turnovers to 0 with one of them giving canes the ball at the 3
- Motley is horrific and this years defense would've murdered that guy
-the game was 23-20 with 3:00 min left in spite of all of that
-we kicked a bunch of field goals and the td when ball given at the 3, so basically 2 td drives, one of them off a deep throw on an offsides that VT stopped playing

We have been a very fickle team the last few years, where a few breaks here and there either way dictates the game

Advertisement
We don't need to see Al to be reminded that Dalè Coley was a better OC/Play caller than the guys we got now.

I didn't post this for al. This was to educate our fan base who try to blame everything on the players when anyone with half a brain can see there has been regression with our O and the only thing that has changed is the coaching. Last time I checked, Al had little to do with the offense.

Here's whats night and day with this post that points fingers at the wrong things:

-we kicked a bunch of field goals and the td when ball given at the 3, so basically 2 td drives, one of them off a deep throw on an offsides that VT stopped playing

We have been a very fickle team the last few years, where a few breaks here and there either way dictates the game

The turnovers have little to do with the execution of the O. We all know coley couldn't call a complete game but our players actually execute the plays that were called. This year, our guys seem lost or just don't even know their assignments.

New system ******. Kaaya and the rest had two-three years in Coley's backward assed offense. Home v. away makes a big difference too.

Apples and Oranges.

The turnovers have little to do with the execution of the O. We all know coley couldn't call a complete game but our players actually execute the plays that were called. This year, our guys seem lost or just don't even know their assignments.

VT is 3 times the team they were last year, trust me if last thurday was 4 turnovers to 0 we have a completely different looking game, they were drawing dead with that QB

Advertisement
Well look at that, an offense in its second year running better that a first year offense.

Shocked, actually.

I think everybody understates how important herb waters and rashawn Scott were to the team last year those boys made tough catches and were way more reliable targets then what we have this year. Coley is good not great Richards is young and still makes plenty of freshman mistakes. The truth is we just don't have to amount of talent needed to compete at the highest levels on offense. No gamebreaking rbs and a mediocre to below average oline. I do think the play calling could be better but at the end of the day you got to block catch run and throw to be successful and I think we all agree that we haven't done much of those things over the last three weeks.

Advertisement
I think everybody understates how important herb waters and rashawn Scott were to the team last year those boys made tough catches and were way more reliable targets then what we have this year. Coley is good not great Richards is young and still makes plenty of freshman mistakes. The truth is we just don't have to amount of talent needed to compete at the highest levels on offense. No gamebreaking rbs and a mediocre to below average oline. I do think the play calling could be better but at the end of the day you got to block catch run and throw to be successful and I think we all agree that we haven't done much of those things over the last three weeks.

Scott got drilled for drops too and waters was underutilized/underplayed bc he was in Golden's mystery doghouse. So idk if there is that big of a drop off.

Advertisement

I didn't post this for al. This was to educate our fan base who try to blame everything on the players when anyone with half a brain can see there has been regression with our O and the only thing that has changed is the coaching. Last time I checked, Al had little to do with the offense.

We had better options at WR last year. And remember this is the same offense that ran a half back pass in a snowstorm with the game on the line

I posted that based on the post above mine... Because I'm a typical CIS dumbass who makes absurd declarations without any thought. After watching the video, you are right. It looks like we've regressed.

We had better options at WR last year. And remember this is the same offense that ran a half back pass in a snowstorm with the game on the line

There wasn't enough turnover at the top of the roster to explain the drop off.

Advertisement
Back