Nigel Bethel 10/3

Thinking of being an EE
Miami Booker T. Washington High School DB Nigel Bethel is a Hurricane commitment, but he's taking some visits. He's already visited Utah and Texas Tech.

"They were fun, nice experiences leaving the State of Florida," Bethel said. "I'd only gone outside the state for football stuff before."

He's also set to visit West Virginia the weekend of Oct. 19.

The visits are just for fun, though.

"I'm 100 percent with Miami," Bethel said.

He says other schools tell him "that I can come there, play early, be a factor, why wait for playing time?"

Bethel is set to graduate early, but says he's not sure if he'll come in January or not.

"I talk to coach (Paul) Williams and he wants me to, says I'd be able to be in better position to start in the fall," Bethel said. "But I want to stay and do track, help my team win a championship."

Bethel says he won't make a decision on graduating early or not until after his season.

Of UM's most recent win at USF, Bethel said, "I watched it and they did a great job, really are coming together. If they can stay undefeated in the ACC they can be in the running for the national championship."

Bethel can relate. His team is undefeated this season and so far he has one interception, a forced fumble and four pass breakups.

Advertisement
Love this kids attitude. Can't wait to see him show up with a U on his helmet.

Would be awesome if he decided to be an EE. Such a tremendous advantage to get a jumpstart for the next season. I saw B Powell is planning on being an EE as well.

He would greatly benefit as an EE. He is a little undersized and the extra semester would help him GREATLY.

Advertisement
"I'm 100 percent with Miami," Bethel said.

This is how you confirm a commitment

Advertisement
brad kaaya take note

71.gif

To be honest, I'd love to have him here in January. But he may show to be a real team player by remaining at school for his track team, and fulfill their championship goals. Either way, the guy is a winner.

It would be good either way because we have a bunch of young CB's on the team anyways.

Advertisement
To be honest, I'd love to have him here in January. But he may show to be a real team player by remaining at school for his track team, and fulfill their championship goals. Either way, the guy is a winner.

good luck trying to beat american heritage

Advertisement
Would be great if he is an EE. Get started on S&C, extra U Tough, extra spring, get jump on school. But team player helping track team is also a good thing. He mgiht end up redshirt if he comes later, but if the is ok with that we probably have the depth now. And that attitude might keep him here the full four years.

Advertisement
Back