Nicolas Codie 4* PF from Texas

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mercy....land this guy and I'll take a pi** on a cop car
IMG_8671.gif

Advertisement
@King of Allapattah says its not trending well for the good guys

After commitments from Schwartz and Bethea it is entirely unrealistic to think another top guard would commit. This isn’t football. Only 5 people play at a time and typically only 2 guards. And ALL the top basketball players know each other and talk about where they are going. I can almost guarantee Edgecombe and Bethea have been discussing their college choIce.
Point of reference, my nephew was a McDonald’s high school All-American. He was considering IU and UK as his last 2 choices. He talked to Devin Booker and they decided that since Booker was going to UK, my nephew would go to IU. 2 shooting guards at UK in the same class would have made no sense.

After commitments from Schwartz and Bethea it is entirely unrealistic to think another top guard would commit. This isn’t football. Only 5 people play at a time and typically only 2 guards. And ALL the top basketball players know each other and talk about where they are going. I can almost guarantee Edgecombe and Bethea have been discussing their college choIce.
Point of reference, my nephew was a McDonald’s high school All-American. He was considering IU and UK as his last 2 choices. He talked to Devin Booker and they decided that since Booker was going to UK, my nephew would go to IU. 2 shooting guards at UK in the same class would have made no sense.
We had Pack, Wong, and Wooga. We consistently play 3 guards. Heck Nova throws out 4 at a time. I do think that factors in. L wants 5 scorers on the floor and I don't think he necessarily cares if they are guards or forwards at the 3.

We had Pack, Wong, and Wooga. We consistently play 3 guards. Heck Nova throws out 4 at a time. I do think that factors in. L wants 5 scorers on the floor and I don't think he necessarily cares if they are guards or forwards at the 3.
I agree with you but that group didn’t come to UM in the same class as (1) 4 star and (2) 5 stars all playing guard. Those guys in the same class all know each other from AAU and all-star games and they create almost a pact not to step on each other’s toes in college. It‘s just how the relationships are these days.

I agree with you but that group didn’t come to UM in the same class as (1) 4 star and (2) 5 stars all playing guard. Those guys in the same class all know each other from AAU and all-star games and they create almost a pact not to step on each other’s toes in college. It‘s just how the relationships are these days.
True

Advertisement
I think L likes to go with his best 5 players, regardless of scoring prowess or position. Ideally, the 5 would have a rebounder/rim protector, an elite perimeter defender and 3 guys that are stone cold killers on offense. Aside from the rim protector, I think this is more or less what we saw last season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back