Nick Saban Went 7-6, 4-4 in the SEC His First Season

Category 6

Recruit
With a team that had enough talent to go 12-2 the following season. You think Alabama fans had reason to be upset and concerned then?! **** yes they did, but did they boo and sour recruits for future success like I'm seeing Miami fans do - not a chance.

**** didn't look real good in their wins then either (only beat Colorado by 7) but also lost some games tight. I'm not apologizing for Richt nor how this team has looked impotent on offense but this fan base is going to assure this program never gets on top again if it kills a coaches reputation locally and with recruits before the staff has even had a chance.

We had McFarland at that game and watched fans boo every time Walton carried the rock - you think we get that kid now? Ridiculous.

It's alright to be ****ed and ask for adjustments. BUT tearing down the program on and off the board is doing just that, tearing down the program.

Advertisement
You're right, they were wrong that time but at that time they could have been just as right as they ended up being wrong. Golden was the wrong hire, I'm just saying as of right now you truly don't have a clue about Richts ability to run this team any better than Alabama did then with Saban. Cutting him down now is idiotic just like cutting Saban down then would have been.

Saban was proven at college and his resume craps on mr.....if saban came here we wont have to post no more

Advertisement
You're right, they were wrong that time but at that time they could have been just as right as they ended up being wrong. Golden was the wrong hire, I'm just saying as of right now you truly don't have a clue about Richts ability to run this team any better than Alabama did then with Saban. Cutting him down now is idiotic just like cutting Saban down then would have been.

I have two eyes and I can see that Richt has no clue how to run an offense.

If pointing that out is "tearing the program down", then so be it.

How did Alabama, with Saban, one of the best defensive minded head coaches ever in football, look on defense his first year before he had time to shift personnel and get all his coaches and players right in his system? Hey man, eyes or not if you're *****ing now and so certain you would have been *****ing then too if you were an Alabama fan and you'd have been ignorant.

How did Alabama, with Saban, one of the best defensive minded head coaches ever in football, look on defense his first year before he had time to shift personnel and get all his coaches and players right in his system? Hey man, eyes or not if you're *****ing now and so certain you would have been *****ing then too if you were an Alabama fan and you'd have been ignorant.

I have no clue how their defense looked in 2007 because I don't follow Alabama football. I do know that Nick Saban runs the most complex defense in college football and that their roster had been decimated by sanctions prior to his arrival.

We have more than enough talent on the offense to not look inept.

Fans bytch n most.may eat those words and some.might be right.

I see what hes bringing in and if he holds the class back to back and recruits better defenses i have no doubt we win. I seee good thing in recruiting and that will translate to wins soon in the next few years

Advertisement

I have no clue how their defense looked in 2007 because I don't follow Alabama football. I do know that Nick Saban runs the most complex defense in college football and that their roster had been decimated by sanctions prior to his arrival.

The only problem is the reason the offense looks inept is because of the QB

We are running into 8-9 man boxes because of Kaaya's inability to hit a receiver.

We are running into 8-9 man boxes because of Kaaya's inability to hit a receiver.

Nonsense.

Kaaya looked **** good last year in Coley's offense.

Last edited:
With a team that had enough talent to go 12-2 the following season. You think Alabama fans had reason to be upset and concerned then?! **** yes they did, but did they boo and sour recruits for future success like I'm seeing Miami fans do - not a chance.

**** didn't look real good in their wins then either (only beat Colorado by 7) but also lost some games tight. I'm not apologizing for Richt nor how this team has looked impotent on offense but this fan base is going to assure this program never gets on top again if it kills a coaches reputation locally and with recruits before the staff has even had a chance.

We had McFarland at that game and watched fans boo every time Walton carried the rock - you think we get that kid now? Ridiculous.

It's alright to be ****ed and ask for adjustments. BUT tearing down the program on and off the board is doing just that, tearing down the program.

You can't reason with dumb Miami fans! I agree that the offense looks bad at times and the play calling has been very suspect the past two games, but execution has been **** poor also. In year one, Richt has turned this defense completely around, and that's with below average talent in the secondary(except for Elder) and three freshman linebackers. The offense has been plagued by bad penalties at the worst possible time, dumb turnovers, and missed opportunities. Us Miami fans need to learn to temper our expectations. We need to give Richt a full season before we start asking for changes.

I agree with your general contention that people are over-reacting, but that's what fans on fan boards do.

However, are you really arguing that Alabama (in 2007) had no clue what they were likely getting with Saban, who had won a national title, in the same conference, in 2003?

Advertisement

This 8-9 man box stuff is a myth. I rewatched the UNC game and didn't see them load the box much. They brought an occasional safety down, but mostly they stopped us with 6-7 in box all game.

All the b*tching from fans is only ever negative on the program. It's never a positive. Booing won't make the change you want. I hated watching the offense the past two games as much as anyone, but I'm going to stand by my team even if Daffy Duck is coaching it

Nonsense.

Kaaya look **** good last year in Coley's offense.

Sorry but no QB can be said as looking **** god when throwing for 16 TDs

Advertisement

Nonsense.

You're right. Touchdowns are the only barometer on which we should judge a quarterback.

That Troy Aikman guy was a real scrub.

Nonsense.

Kaaya looks good this year

5 drops against unc. 5.

He has made two horrible decisions app state and fsu goal line interceptions other than that he has been good.. Not great but good

Five drops is enough to change the course of the game and make the dumb fans on here blame richt

We ran it up the middle over and over becuase the receivers couldn't catch and offensive line couldn't get kaaya any time.

People swear they are experts on here

Nonsense.

You're right. Touchdowns are the only barometer on which we should judge a quarterback.

That Troy Aikman guy was a real scrub.

Why are you comparing football from the late 80s/90s to now?

Give another example

Nonsense.

Kaaya looks good this year

5 drops against unc. 5.

He has made two horrible decisions app state and fsu goal line interceptions other than that he has been good.. Not great but good

Five drops is enough to change the course of the game and make the dumb fans on here blame richt

We ran it up the middle over and over becuase the receivers couldn't catch and offensive line couldn't get kaaya any time.

People swear they are experts on here

Missed wide open Richards for a TD

Missed open Njoku on 4th and 2

10-14 points right there

Great he was good against App State, we could have put anyone out there and won

Against the 3 teams with a pulse he is 48-82 for 3 TD 1 INT and 679 yards. He has been average to below average. He has always been average to below average against good competition his entire career.

People blamed Coley for the offenses issues and the lack of production in the redzone.

Now people blame Richt for Kaayas shortcomings.

Advertisement
Back