Nick Saban: Play 10 Power 5 games

Advertisement
You guys agree or disagree?

I like the idea. The other two games can be against non power 5 schools like SDST, USF, UCF, FIU.

But these games against glahfksvdobjduv northwest state must end IMO.

What are you talking about. All this would do is remove one of the cupcakes from his schedule, or our schedule which is the same schedule (we each have 9 P5s), and add one P5.

A050EAC6-A28B-4CAA-94BB-797E7234AB3F.jpeg
Try to understand before you post

What are you talking about. All this would do is remove one of the cupcakes from his schedule, or our schedule which is the same schedule (we each have 9 P5s), and add one P5.

View attachment 92791Try to understand before you post

Understand before you post huh?

The irony..... obviously he’s not talking about this season but something he’d like to see in the future.

It’d be nice not to play Savannah and Jacksonville states of the world IMO. Sub them out with another power 5 opponent.

I think FCS schools should be out of consideration for all Power 5 schools.

It would be a great idea for all power 5 schools to get rid of the cupcakes and just focus on power 5 opponents and schools from the AAC, Conference USA, Independents, Mountain West, and Sunbelt.

That’s a decent resume every year.

Advertisement
You guys agree or disagree?

I like the idea. The other two games can be against non power 5 schools like SDST, USF, UCF, FIU.

But these games against glahfksvdobjduv northwest state must end IMO.
I honestly dont really care

The irony..... obviously he’s not talking about this season but something he’d like to see in the future.

It’d be nice not to play Savannah and Jacksonville states of the world IMO. Sub them out with another power 5 opponent.

It would be a great idea for all power 5 schools to get rid of the cupcakes and just focus on power 5 opponents and schools from the AAC, Conference USA, Independents, Mountain West, and Sunbelt.

Not sure of the logistics but why not allow a scrimmage before the season? Like us vs Arizona st. Then play all p5 opponents

I generally agree with Saban here. More power 5 games would generally strengthen everyone's schedule and lead to higher ratings, attendance, money, ect.

However, I think we should still have non-power 5 and FCS games. It's better for the sport at large for the little guys to have some access.

Advertisement
Yes, I wish Miami would have 2 Power 5 OOC opponents each year (1 tough, 1 not so tough), a Group of 5 game, and a FCS team at a minimum.

Advertisement

I don’t know if you understood my post, but if he plays 10 P5s, he is still playing two cupcakes. All he is doing is eliminating one cupcake.

Big fūcking deal. I’d be for that - anybody would be for that. As long as everybody else has to do it. Again, it would only affect one game on his schedule and one game on our schedule.

Just Saban spewing more shlt so that everyone else takes their eye off the ball that he has the highest payroll in college football. And nobody else except for Georgia comes close.

But hey, if it gives some people one other opportunity to slurp Saban then have at it

I understand this sentiment, but to be fair they do start every year against a P5 opponent unlike most everyone else starting with an FCS.

Usually against a mediocre one, and at a "neutral" site that ends up being 80% Bama fans. And then they always play 2 easy G5 games and a FCS team.

Their OOC this year might be the easiest of any P5 team that plays 4 OOC games, so no point in trying to defend Saban here. He schedules as easy as it gets

I don’t know if you understood my post, but if he plays 10 P5s, he is still playing two cupcakes. All he is doing is eliminating one cupcake.

Big fūcking deal. I’d be for that - anybody would be for that. As long as everybody else has to do it. Again, it would only affect one game on his schedule and one game on our schedule.

Just Saban spewing more shlt so that everyone else takes their eye off the ball that he has the highest payroll in college football. And nobody else except for Georgia comes close.

But hey, if it gives some people one other opportunity to slurp Saban then have at it

I dig this response. I would like to see ALL P5 teams schedule P5 and G5 opponents that’s my point. Not necessarily Saban (Fck that guy)

I agree that it could be a good way to improve attendance for games

Advertisement
Would cripple FCS budgets playing P5 less. Some schools would close down programs.

NCAA doesn't YET want to deal with that mess.

5-12 team playoff likely to happen next 5-10 years...lessens need for all P5 opponents on a schedule.

I dig this response. I would like to see ALL P5 teams schedule P5 and G5 opponents that’s my point. Not necessarily Saban (Fck that guy)

I agree that it could be a good way to improve attendance for games

The counter response which some people are making is that it would really hurt those lower level FCS schools that get paid around $1 million per game to get their asses handed to them by the big P5 schools.

I guess a lot of them count on that money every couple of years, or every year, to keep their football programs afloat so that they can Field a team in their lower divisions.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with that, but it is a thought. I would love to see every team in the P5 be required to play 10 P5 games a year if the details could be worked out. But it would have to be fair across-the-board. Everybody would have to do it.

I agree... too many cupcakes on the schedule already combined with the fact that most of the power 5 schedule is watered down and no competition. Miami needs to play Florida and Notre Dame every year in our non conference schedule.

**** that sched easy af, but can u blame those rednecks there on such a roll they could play IMG and everyones fine with it. They will get in based off the eye test

Advertisement
Back