Nick Buoniconti

Advertisement
The man’s contributions in advancing paralysis research are immeasurable. Additionally, their breakthroughs have created far reaching benefits for people suffering from other illnesses and afflictions.

A truly great man.

190731-nick-buoniconti-cs-1151a_efc44d44adf64838eed353379da65b80.fit-760w.jpg

Loved the No Name Defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait. He wasn’t that old. I’m shocked. Just hearing this now. I met him as a business acquaintance many years back when I was just starting out. ****.

EDIT: just read he was 78. Had no idea he was close to 80. I thought he was in his 60’s.

Oh come on! Keith Richards lived longer than Nick Buoniconti....I mean...WTF....

The Fins were so huge back in the day. When I was young, there were no Heat, no Panthers, no Marlins....Just the Canes (and they sucked back then)...Miami was a barren sports town...Then Shula, Buoniconti, Csonka, Griese, Warfield...I mean, what that team meant to this city is difficult to describe....It's a sad, sad day for Miami....

What Nick did for the Miami Project and spinal cord research....Unbelievable.....Gave so much hope to so many and that hope will continue as his legacy....

There are Men....There are Great Men....Then there is Nick Buoniconti.....

A sad day indeed for us Miami residents of a certain age.....

Not the biggest guy by any means, but **** he had the heart of a Lion......played with non stop intensity......Blessings to his family.
They broke the mold with him, and his after football contribution to all of us was huge...
He will be missed.....
RIP Nick.

Advertisement
Oh come on! Keith Richards lived longer than Nick Buoniconti....I mean...WTF....

The Fins were so huge back in the day. When I was young, there were no Heat, no Panthers, no Marlins....Just the Canes (and they sucked back then)...Miami was a barren sports town...Then Shula, Buoniconti, Csonka, Griese, Warfield...I mean, what that team meant to this city is difficult to describe....It's a sad, sad day for Miami....

What Nick did for the Miami Project and spinal cord research....Unbelievable.....Gave so much hope to so many and that hope will continue as his legacy....

There are Men....There are Great Men....Then there is Nick Buoniconti.....

A sad day indeed for us Miami residents of a certain age.....

Great Original post and great reply.

Advertisement
Nick was a great guy and friend. Think about his commitment almost his entire adult life to spinal cord research. His direct impact was raising nearly $500 million for medical research. And he would gladly shake your hand and talk to you about nearly any subject. The CTE had gotten to him these last few years. Thoughts and prayers to Marc and the rest of his family.

Advertisement
Back