Nice little article from the Virginian-Pilot

Advertisement
So....this is what small town papers have become? Regurgitating articles from other outlets. This is literally Greg Cote's exact article.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Advertisement
Great article. How do I know?

Because I didnt even mind rereading it again on the Virginia Pilot. You gotta give Cote credit

Yeah thought Greg Cote’s article hit the proverbial nail on the head - right now Manny has everyone is South Florida, and Canes fans beyond, soaking up all the hope - hope that Miami is on the cusp of being “back” in the upper echelon of college football. While I have no doubt he will get the program there, I do think it will take 2-3 years to accomplish. We get started on that path this year, the staff that Diaz has assembled, the players we have on the roster, the recruits for 2020 and 2021 who so far have bought into TNM, all of that will launch Miami back on to the national scene this season. While it would appear we will begin the season outside of the Top 25, a win over UFag will go a long way to launching the program back into the rankings, and quickly become one of the top topics for the 2019 season. I can’t wait for hope to spring eternal, and when Miami is truly back in the conversations of not only nationally, but the CFP to boot.

Advertisement
Unlike others who chose to belittle you for trying to bring a little good news to the site albeit an article that may be a day old some like myself haven’t seen it.

So I’ll just say thanks and it was a decent article and for a change decently written by a Miami writer and please ignore the rude few that feel the need to interject their negativity into EVERY thread.Please continue to post any good news you find for CANE fans like myself that don’t receive the Miami Herald on a daily basis.

So....this is what small town papers have become? Regurgitating articles from other outlets. This is literally Greg Cote's exact article.

All newspapers are becoming like this. It’s what happens when media conglomerates buy up papers across the country—they basically fire 2/3rds of the local journalists and then fill the paper with syndicated columns.

Advertisement
Back