NFL teams must be at 53 active on Sat + 10 practice on Sun

grover

Senior
Premium
Good luck to all our Cane alumni! I think several made their case, particularly Grace tonight. Hope all land well.

Advertisement
I'm gonna have to eat crow. I was bullish that Kaaya was going to beat Rudock for QB2 for the Lions. Looks like he's gonna be a practice squad guy this year. He played well enough in the preseason but the playbook was vanilla when he was out there. Needs a year to get the offense down better.

Last edited:
Jermaine Grace, stand the F up.

Hope he makes it. Man when it gets down to those last 3-5 slots it gets dicey. Alot of guys find that out the hard way even when they have good showings in preseason. And nobody deserves it more then Grace and AQM.

So the make the "53" watchlist looks to be (just speaking to last year guys):

Carter, AQM, Grace, Coley, Jenkins, Elder, Isidora

My Saints NEED AQM. Our biggest weakness has been pass rush, and Quan has had a sack in every game. Almost no way he doesn't make the roster. Jenkins, Elder, and Isidora were all middle round picks, they'd have to bomb to get cut. Coley showed out this preseason, and I think we're all confident any coach can see his potential and drool. Grace and Carter are in the toughest spots, and they'll have to earn special teams roles to hang on. You almost never go undrafted and then earn a 22 role in the preseason.

Advertisement
Colbert is on the bubble but with last night's performance at FS I think he gets on the team

My Saints NEED AQM. Our biggest weakness has been pass rush, and Quan has had a sack in every game. Almost no way he doesn't make the roster. Jenkins, Elder, and Isidora were all middle round picks, they'd have to bomb to get cut. Coley showed out this preseason, and I think we're all confident any coach can see his potential and drool. Grace and Carter are in the toughest spots, and they'll have to earn special teams roles to hang on. You almost never go undrafted and then earn a 22 role in the preseason.

Great to hear AQM is ballin'. Hope he makes it.

Advertisement

Hope he makes it. Man when it gets down to those last 3-5 slots it gets dicey. Alot of guys find that out the hard way even when they have good showings in preseason. And nobody deserves it more then Grace and AQM.

If he doesn't make it on the Falcons, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get added by another team. I maintain I think he has the upside to be better than the Falcons' 3rd round pick, Duke Riley. Had Grace played in Diaz's system last season, my guess was he'd end up somewhere in the 3rd round. Grace cost himself a lot of money in first contract. Hopefully, he uses that lesson to be focused all the time and make it up on his next opportunity (contract). From some of what has been said, he's done exactly that so far.

*Disclaimer: I'm not his agent.

If he doesn't make it on the Falcons, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get added by another team. I maintain I think he has the upside to be better than the Falcons' 3rd round pick, Duke Riley. Had Grace played in Diaz's system last season, my guess was he'd end up somewhere in the 3rd round. Grace cost himself a lot of money in first contract. Hopefully, he uses that lesson to be focused all the time and make it up on his next opportunity (contract). From some of what has been said, he's done exactly that so far.

*Disclaimer: I'm not his agent.

Muhammad might have been a top 40 pick if he played last year. I think he could have had a 12 sacks and 16 tfls season last year. Probably higher than that. Any way he's tied with lead in sacks in the preseason with 4 sacks

Advertisement
Back