NFL Draft NFL Player eval on Zion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zion has gotten better every year (not hard to do from his freshman season) but that is promising. I expect another jump with increased strength and confidence.
He couldnt possibly get worse.

With that said, he has made a marked improvement.

Question: if he weren't at Miami, what ACC team could he start for?

I think people had the right to be skeptical of the signing, especially after seeing him flounder so poorly his freshman year. I think the general consensus was that he had no business being thrown into the fire like he was though. There were a handful of "he's garbage and he'll never be good" opinions but I think, at least for the most part, that people were disappointed that he was rushed to the field when he was clearly a project. I would say that nobody should give up on a player after his freshman season. Especially an offensive lineman.
There was more optimism about him after his Fr year than I would've expected. I think the median take was that he could use a redshirt year or bench spot duties while he works on his technique and core strength, or a temporary transition to guard.

One aspect that's often forgotten about his development is he was 18 as a Fr and only 20 now. That's also why I think he should stay 4 years. He's not built like Sewell where he can fall back on his physicality when he gets challenged as a rookie.

Advertisement
Back