NFL HOF Finalists

Advertisement
Ed Reed & Edgerrin James

Both should absolutely be in. Go Canes!!!
2 SAME TIME.jpg

Advertisement
I’d say Reed, Gonzalez, Hutchinson, and Bailey are in for sure.

Exactly. Those are the names I expect, and in that order of likelihood.

Bailey has very high name recognition and tons of Pro Bowls, but his first team All Pro number is somewhat light at 3. That's the only thing that might cause him to have to wait one year.

Hutchinson reportedly just missed last year. Lots of support for him. Checks all the boxes in terms of Pro Bowls and first team All Pro numbers and the 2000s all decade team. He has local ties also, from Coral Springs, although he went to school at Michigan.

Advertisement
Hutchinson should have been in on the first ballot. Same with Faneca. Those dudes were MONSTERS, guards get underrated in this process.

Best rb ever at the U and the greatest safety ever should go in at same time!!!!!

If I had to rate this year's finalists:

Ed Reed, FS
Tony Gonzalez, TE
Steve Hutchinson, G
Alan Faneca
,G

Edgerrin James, RB
Champ Bailey, CB
Kevin Mawae, C/G
Steve Atwater, S
Isaac Bruce
, WR

Don Coryell, Coach
Richard Seymour, DE/DT
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli
,T
John Lynch, FS
Tom Flores, Coach

Best rb ever at the U and the greatest safety ever should go in at same time!!!!!

I've seen everybody since the late '60s and Ottis Anderson was the best running back. Unfortunately he came before the glory era, and he also got too fat too soon in the NFL. I think he got frustrated behind the Cardinals' declining offensive line and wrongly rationalized that the solution was to get bigger.

Too many fans remember Anderson from his late career plowhorse days with the Giants and have no idea how quick footed and elusive Anderson was in his prime. I remember when Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated polled NFL players one year and placed Anderson above Walter Payton on his All Pro list. He quoted an NFL source that Anderson simply caused more problems for them than Payton did.

Advertisement
I
I've seen everybody since the late '60s and Ottis Anderson was the best running back. Unfortunately he came before the glory era, and he also got too fat too soon in the NFL. I think he got frustrated behind the Cardinals' declining offensive line and wrongly rationalized that the solution was to get bigger.

Too many fans remember Anderson from his late career plowhorse days with the Giants and have no idea how quick footed and elusive Anderson was in his prime. I remember when Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated polled NFL players one year and placed Anderson above Walter Payton on his All Pro list. He quoted an NFL source that Anderson simply caused more problems for them than Payton did.
I just remember him from those giants days.... My pops told me he was the real deal back in the day. With my eyes, I say EJ is the best by far

Ed is a stone cold lock, and Edge is the man but he isn’t getting this year and unfortunately may never get in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back