NFL NFL Free Agency 2021

Our cap situation sucks, thanks to Howie. We are in for a world Of hurting this year again.
Now we trying to trade for Deshun Watson. Don't get me wrong. He's a ******* baller. But we have more pressing needs than to trade for Watson.

Advertisement
Now we trying to trade for Deshun Watson. Don't get me wrong. He's a ******* baller. But we have more pressing needs than to trade for Watson.
Well, gotta have a QB more than anything, first.
Then once you have a QB, then you fill in the rest of the roster.

Well, gotta have a QB more than anything, first.
Then once you have a QB, then you fill in the rest of the roster.
I love Watson.
But let someone else give up that much for him, not us, we have needs, though. Jalen is a good enough stopgap. If it's that serious, sign Brissett, trade Jalen for picks and draft a QB with the 6th pick and develop him rather than trade 3 1sts for Watson. I love Watson as a pro... but 3 1sts is not worth it to me.

Can someone explain what in gods name the dolphins are doing? It seems like they have a pretty good head coach who made a pretty questionable offensive coordinator decision and who is doomed to fail by a pretty awful scouting department.

Advertisement
Can someone explain what in gods name the dolphins are doing? It seems like they have a pretty good head coach who made a pretty questionable offensive coordinator decision and who is doomed to fail by a pretty awful scouting department.

That's why I started this thread. I don't understand not being aggressive with some of the guys available. I'm on the fence on the Fuller signing. When he plays he's a baller, I like the prove it length of the contract, rumor on the dollar figure I don't like at all. I still think they have to go Chase at 3.

Also forgot to add I think Wilson and Grant are both gone after signing Foster. Need safety help bad, and can never go wrong adding a pass rushers in the NFL.

That's why I started this thread. I don't understand not being aggressive with some of the guys available. I'm on the fence on the Fuller signing. When he plays he's a baller, I like the prove it length of the contract, rumor on the dollar figure I don't like at all. I still think they have to go Chase at 3.

Also forgot to add I think Wilson and Grant are both gone after signing Foster. Need safety help bad, and can never go wrong adding a pass rushers in the NFL.
Others on here know infinitely more than me, but to me it seems like Grier is good with the trades and accumulating of draft capital but mediocre at best at identifying talent both in FA and the draft.

Last edited:
Others on here know infinitely more than me, but to me it seems like Grier is good with the trades and accumulating or draft capital but mediocre at best at identifying talent both in FA and the draft.

I think that's a completely fair assessment thus far.

Advertisement
Yeah I saw that tweet and immediately thought of Brevin. If they don't address it in FA it has to be Pitts or Brevin and idk how they land Pitts.

Yeah I saw that tweet and immediately thought of Brevin. If they don't address it in FA it has to be Pitts or Brevin and idk how they land Pitts.

They've got a ton of draft capital.

If Pitts gets out of the Top 10, a trade up is surely in play from R1P25.

Not happening.
Not likely at this point...but you never know.

For what its worth...taking a "TE" in the Top 10 is what loser franchises do. ****, TE in R1? Not something I'd recommend. Even good ones like Hockenson...no value and went to a loser franchise.

Saw an article yesterday...day before...about the FALCONS being interested in Pitts @ 4? lmfao stahp. Thats how you stay bad.

Advertisement
Not likely at this point...but you never know.

For what its worth...taking a "TE" in the Top 10 is what loser franchises do. ****, TE in R1? Not something I'd recommend. Even good ones like Hockenson...no value and went to a loser franchise.

Saw an article yesterday...day before...about the FALCONS being interested in Pitts @ 4? lmfao stahp. Thats how you stay bad.
Pitts is the best WR in the class imo. It's pointless to compare him to TEs when he's a matchup piece. What's Darren Waller's value? He's the best WR on the Raiders and they were a top-5 offense last year.

I do agree that Falcons taking him would be absurd because they are a run-based offense and they should take Trey Lance. But the Bengals at 5 absolutely should take him (empty formations+Burrow+Pitts=gg), same with the Lions (ideal scheme) and there are teams outside the top 5 who should consider trading up (Chargers, Cardinals) if they get the chance. I don't like the Eagles fit and they should be targeting QB but the Eagles make stupid picks all the time so I get why he gets mocked there.

Pitts is the best WR in the class imo. It's pointless to compare him to TEs when he's a matchup piece. What's Darren Waller's value? He's the best WR on the Raiders and they were a top-5 offense last year.

I do agree that Falcons taking him would be absurd because they are a run-based offense and they should take Trey Lance. But the Bengals at 5 absolutely should take him (empty formations+Burrow+Pitts=gg), same with the Lions (ideal scheme) and there are teams outside the top 5 who should consider trading up (Chargers, Cardinals) if they get the chance. I don't like the Eagles fit and they should be targeting QB but the Eagles make stupid picks all the time so I get why he gets mocked there.

FWIW - I don't think he's the best WR in the class. I couldn't, in good faith, put a player in college whose primary success came out of the slot and often winning (in impressive fashion, to be fair) over nickels, safeties, and the occasional LB (v dumb teams) over a guy that basically turned numerous Round 1 cornerbacks into legit toast in Ja'Marr Chase or a Marvin Harrison clone who has mastered the WR position at the college level in Devonta Smith. I don't think we're talking about an apples to apples comparison either. We're talking about two different kinds of players if you start comparing Pitts to the other WRs in the class.

He's got a few really impressive plays where Pitts turns a legit CB into something stupid (he had a ridiculous over the shoulder catch v. Tyson Campbell for example), but a lot of his film is coming against some legit jobbers...and yeah, he's absolutely son'ing them...but a guy like Ja'Marr Chase has an entire family of sons that went on to become R1 corners.

Whats the value of a Darren Waller? I'm not sure, but I probably am not taking a Darren Waller on steroids if I have some questionable quarterbacking, lack an OL, or don't already have some competent pass catchers on my team. When discussing Pitts, its not about where he is as a prospect, its about team building. He's a Top 10 prospect...but I'm not sure if a Top 10 team should be taking him.

FWIW - I don't think he's the best WR in the class. I couldn't, in good faith, put a player in college whose primary success came out of the slot and often winning (in impressive fashion, to be fair) over nickels, safeties, and the occasional LB (v dumb teams) over a guy that basically turned numerous Round 1 cornerbacks into legit toast in Ja'Marr Chase or a Marvin Harrison clone who has mastered the WR position at the college level in Devonta Smith. I don't think we're talking about an apples to apples comparison either. We're talking about two different kinds of players if you start comparing Pitts to the other WRs in the class.

He's got a few really impressive plays where Pitts turns a legit CB into something stupid (he had a ridiculous over the shoulder catch v. Tyson Campbell for example), but a lot of his film is coming against some legit jobbers...and yeah, he's absolutely son'ing them...but a guy like Ja'Marr Chase has an entire family of sons that went on to become R1 corners.

Whats the value of a Darren Waller? I'm not sure, but I probably am not taking a Darren Waller on steroids if I have some questionable quarterbacking, lack an OL, or don't already have some competent pass catchers on my team. When discussing Pitts, its not about where he is as a prospect, its about team building. He's a Top 10 prospect...but I'm not sure if a Top 10 team should be taking him.
I have more questions about Chase being able to win consistently than Pitts. Chase invites contact when he's pressed and doesn't have elite speed or quickness to separate. Yes he's built like a runningback and has shown he's a ballwinner but Pitts has a much larger catch radius. Chase had the benefit of working with the most accurate QB in CFB history. Pitts had Trask throwing medicine balls and dirtballs and slants way behind his path. He can elevate any QB.

Pitts does everything Chase does and then some in a bigger package. You can split him out at X iso like Kelce and he beats everyone on slants and fades. You can play him in-line and he'll either run by guys going vertical or do a sharp in-break and then he's off to the races if you aren't on his back when the ball arrives. Pitts played on a run-oriented HS team, had 3 catches as a Fr, was an athletic specimen as a Soph (who I thought was overrated) then completely refined his game to where he was unguardable as a 19 year old Junior. Like he had 0 bad reps as a receiver and caught everything for a 1st down or touchdown. He's the best prospect in the draft when you throw out position.

As for the team building aspect there's some merit to it but not in the way you frame it. He doesn't need a strong supporting cast, rather he needs a modern scheme that will move him around the formation. If he's drafted by a dinosaur coach like Jason Garrett (welp Evan Engram) or Bruce Arians who wants to stick him in-line and make him a role player running stick routes and the odd vertical then he's not worth more than a late 1st. On the flipside, a coach like Sean Payton would scheme him all kinds of opportunities to where he could lead the league in receiving TDs as a rookie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back