NFL NFL Free Agency 2021

Advertisement
Patriots sign Hunter Henry to a 3 year 37.5 mill deal. Lots of money being thrown around for a team with Cam Newton as it's QB. Making me think a trade or draft QB is going to be coming.

@PIPO @Cribby watch Nelly and Green Goblin ball out.
FB_IMG_1615907621572.jpg

Advertisement
Trade all your picks this year and maybe another two r1s to move up to draft Trey Lance🧐
The amount of spending is making me think more and more we are going to draft someone. You don't spend this kind of money on weapons unless you are planning on having a cheaper option at QB. This could just mean more Cam (please god no) but if I had to guess I would think we are probably going to look to move up for a Lance or Mac Jones.

Bill not going down without a fight lol
People disrespecting ole boy , they must’ve forgot. I have a funny feeling they’ll be back in the playoffs this year. I mean they okayed without half their roster last year. Bill hears everything.

Some of the Pats moves I like (Judon, Henry, Smith), some I don’t (Mills, Agholor at his cost), but you have to wonder how much these moves move the needle. Maybe another win, two at the most if everyone stays healthy. And they may lose their center Andrews. It’s coming across a little desperate, a little Miami Dolphins 2010-2020-esque.

Advertisement
People disrespecting ole boy , they must’ve forgot. I have a funny feeling they’ll be back in the playoffs this year. I mean they okayed without half their roster last year. Bill hears everything.
Had the toughest schedule in terms of win % in the entire NFL last year without Hightower and Chung on defense. Cam was two or three drives away from 2-3 more wins last year as well with 0 talent on offense outside of Edelman and Harris. Meyers was decent last year as well I guess. Give me two top 10 TE's and a couple of capable WRs, reinforcement on defense, an easier schedule on paper and (praying) better QB play from someone, and this absolutely a playoff team. Not saying they'll win it all but no reason to not sneak in at least as a WC.

Some of the Pats moves I like (Judon, Henry, Smith), some I don’t (Mills, Agholor at his cost), but you have to wonder how much these moves move the needle. Maybe another win, two at the most if everyone stays healthy. And they may lose their center Andrews. It’s coming across a little desperate, a little Miami Dolphins 2010-2020-esque.
As a Pats fan the only moves I really like so far are Jonnu and Henry. I'm ok with Agholor and Bourne as players even if I hate their deals. I am pretty lukewarm on Mills and Godchaux and absolutely abhor the Judon deal. I am not a fan of Judon at all considering he isn't a consistent 1v1 pass rusher. He succeeds only when the defense is blitzing or if he gets singled up on a TE.

So Ravens lost both edge rushers so they will have to draft one and our boy Phillips will be the pick

As a Pats fan the only moves I really like so far are Jonnu and Henry. I'm ok with Agholor and Bourne as players even if I hate their deals. I am pretty lukewarm on Mills and Godchaux and absolutely abhor the Judon deal. I am not a fan of Judon at all considering he isn't a consistent 1v1 pass rusher. He succeeds only when the defense is blitzing or if he gets singled up on a TE.
You guys signed so many players I forgot about Godchaux. He was Miami’s 4th DT when healthy so I think he was overpaid at $8M a year (or was it $9M). Danny Shelton was just released and I think he’s a superior player expected to sign at a lower price.

Advertisement
You guys signed so many players I forgot about Godchaux. He was Miami’s 4th DT when healthy so I think he was overpaid at $8M a year (or was it $9M). Danny Shelton was just released and I think he’s a superior player expected to sign at a lower price.
I like Godchaux as a player but agree, that deal was more than I wanted for what I expect him to be for us. We also resigned Wise at 7.5 mill per which was a gross overpay IMO. If he stays healthy I like Godchaux to be a solid run stuffer for us which is all I need him to be just wish it was a bit closer to like 4.5 -5 per year

I think Belichick has lost his mind. He drafts 2 TE's in the #rd Round last year in a weak TE draft.

Then he spends $90 million on TE's in Free Agency this year?

I'll give him this - He's determined to get that TE game going

P
Had the toughest schedule in terms of win % in the entire NFL last year without Hightower and Chung on defense. Cam was two or three drives away from 2-3 more wins last year as well with 0 talent on offense outside of Edelman and Harris. Meyers was decent last year as well I guess. Give me two top 10 TE's and a couple of capable WRs, reinforcement on defense, an easier schedule on paper and (praying) better QB play from someone, and this absolutely a playoff team. Not saying they'll win it all but no reason to not sneak in at least as a WC.
I told @FlipT lasf week I was throwing some big cash on pats win total and winning the East. That was before all the moves. The amount of guys they’re adding back drom
Opting out , free agents and another draft they won’t look nearly the same. Also BB is coming with a little **** and vinegar. I think people have buried them a tad early.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That te combo is sick. I don’t think they’re done at qb, without incentives cams contact is nothing.

That te combo is sick. I don’t think they’re done at qb, without incentives cams contact is nothing.
TE combo is Gronk and Hernandez Lite (minus the murder stuff). Wouldn’t be shocked to see us pursue Jimmy G or move up for a Lance or Fields type of guy. Exciting stuff for sure. A motivated Bill that feels disrespected is a scary thing lol

TE combo is Gronk and Hernandez Lite (minus the murder stuff). Wouldn’t be shocked to see us pursue Jimmy G or move up for a Lance or Fields type of guy. Exciting stuff for sure. A motivated Bill that feels disrespected is a scary thing lol
Best storyline next year could be the Bucs vs Patriots/Brady vs Belicheck. I'm sure that would get some ratings.

edit: they already play in the regular season next year

Advertisement
Back