NFL NFL Free Agency 2021

MikeCane18

Freshman
Free Agency officially opens Wednesday. Seeing some of these agreements in principle figured we could get some lively debate going. As a Dolphins fan, seeing what the Pats are doing makes me want to call Chris Grier and ask him if he plans on getting off his *** any time soon.

Advertisement
Free Agency officially opens Wednesday. Seeing some of these agreements in principle figured we could get some lively debate going. As a Dolphins fan, seeing what the Pats are doing makes me want to call Chris Grier and ask him if he plans on getting off his *** any time soon.
As a Pats fan, I LOVE the Jonnu Smith deal. Am lukewarm on the Mills and Godchaux deals and am borderline upset about the Judon deal. I get we need pass rushers but this is the guy who only creates pressure when he gets free runs to the QB or is blocked by a TE on blitzes. That's a lot of money for a dude that doesn't create legit pressure 1v1. Now if we can sign Curtis Samuel, I will be completely ok with everything else that's going on.

As a Pats fan, I LOVE the Jonnu Smith deal. Am lukewarm on the Mills and Godchaux deals and am borderline upset about the Judon deal. I get we need pass rushers but this is the guy who only creates pressure when he gets free runs to the QB or is blocked by a TE on blitzes. That's a lot of money for a dude that doesn't create legit pressure 1v1. Now if we can sign Curtis Samuel, I will be completely ok with everything else that's going on.

Thats fair on Judon. I like the Mills deal and wanted the dolphins to go after him, particularly because we need to boot Bobby McCain

Thats fair on Judon. I like the Mills deal and wanted the dolphins to go after him, particularly because we need to boot Bobby McCain
I was upset with the Mills deal at first because of the money but he's a super versatile piece for Bill to utilize as he sees fit. Will be a nice player when we inevitable let J. Mccourty go as well. Could also signal a trade coming in our secondary. Hearing rumors that if we don't sign Samuel we may look to trade Gilmore to a team like CLE for OBJ or something like that .

My dream scenario is Arob signs his tag deal, we trade Gilmore and pick to them for Arob and get him locked up for a longer deal.

I was upset with the Mills deal at first because of the money but he's a super versatile piece for Bill to utilize as he sees fit. Will be a nice player when we inevitable let J. Mccourty go as well. Could also signal a trade coming in our secondary. Hearing rumors that if we don't sign Samuel we may look to trade Gilmore to a team like CLE for OBJ or something like that .

My dream scenario is Arob signs his tag deal, we trade Gilmore and pick to them for Arob and get him locked up for a longer deal.

Yea. I was wondering how the Pats would eventually get their hands on ARob. He wants out of Chicago bad, and Gilmore rumors were floating around a lot last year so that seems like a deal that would make sense for all sides.

Advertisement
Yea. I was wondering how the Pats would eventually get their hands on ARob. He wants out of Chicago bad, and Gilmore rumors were floating around a lot last year so that seems like a deal that would make sense for all sides.
Fingers are crossed on my end lol With the Pats luck at WR we'll say ***** it and end up signing Fuller just so he can get injured the first week he comes back from suspension :apologetic:

I like the Lawson for McKinney deal, sures up the 2nd level of the defense.

And giving up a 7th rounder for Wilson wasn't a bad deal, He at least provides depth on the O-Line, He's just gotta stay outta trouble.

I like the Lawson for McKinney deal, sures up the 2nd level of the defense.

And giving up a 7th rounder for Wilson wasn't a bad deal, He at least provides depth on the O-Line, He's just gotta stay outta trouble.
Yea I do like the swap of Lawson with McKinney for sure. Wilson for a 7th is a if it doesn't work out just cut him deal, so there is potential value in there if like you said he stays out of trouble. I guess I was just hoping for a bit more aggressiveness and trying to get Tua some weapons. If the plan is to stick with him then they gotta get him some guys. I have my own personal feelings on his ceiling in the NFL, but I also think he deserves to not be handcuffed either.

I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of days, I would like to see a move for a pass rusher and safety.

Jonnu Smith leaving Tennessee opens up a nice, cozy, warm spot for Brevin Jordan in the draft.

When Jonnu and Brevin cross each other's path

bekphnqftcb41.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dolphins should sign Samuel or Fuller at WR. I wouldn’t mind seeing Reddick at Edge from AZ.

James Conner sucks, hard pass. And I don’t want them spending a ton on Golladay, either. I’d take Juju, but have a feeling his price is inflated so I’d prefer Samuel or Fuller.

Corey Davis to the Jets, 3 year deal.

Interesting move. He had a really good year last year and started to find himself in the league. Hopefully sees more touchdown opportunities with the Jets as they'll likely have a new QB and he seems like a nice safety valve type WR.

Advertisement
Back