NFL NFL FOOTBALL IS BECOMING

Advertisement
If you think that the NFL is all about money, let me introduce you to this little thing called college football.
Facts. NFL has always been about money and growing its brand. I’m guessing this thread was a response to Daks new contract?

The older I get the less I care about sports. Especially pro sports. I haven’t watched an entire Super Bowl since my eagles played in it. Before that I couldn’t tell you how long it been since I watched the entire game.

All the rules are for the offense , defense , toughness and grit have been removed from all sports. Money has always mattered but now it’s the only thing that matters , from the owners on down. Hence why the product continues to get worse. But hey, if you enjoy it I’m happy for ya. I just don’t care as much.

I would just say my boomer opinion doesn’t matter but by the ratings alot of folks are leaving. Especially the nba.

Fellas, fellas ya’ll don’t understand....

The NFL is in the entertainment business. Sponsors want a piece of the pie, therefore they are now the customers, not the fans.

This post needs to be quoted for truth.

Individual people are no longer the customers in many arenas...sports is one of them...people are the product.

Advertisement
Fellas, fellas ya’ll don’t understand....

The NFL is in the entertainment business. Sponsors want a piece of the pie, therefore they are now the customers, not the fans.
Sports entertainment to be exact, just like Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Entertainment.

A lot of facts/opinions on here are spot on it isn't just one thing that contributes. At first for me it was the rule changes and FA...I can still list more Dolphins from our glory years than those on our current roster. For me anyhow you just don't wake up and turn off football because it is what I was raised on. I lived for watching games on Sunday and then the old Monday Night Football and the song before the game...You all remember it!

It is a slow creep of things and then it became a platform for compliance or whatever else and all of a sudden it has just become less of a game where you can just be a fan of football and tune out everything else including the wife and kids screaming at you. It was an escape that now no longer exists. All sports have pretty much given into being socially correct or whatever and whether right or wrong I opted out. It is just one guy's opinion but I don't need to be preached at given where I am at age wise.

Advertisement
NFL is a great product. The fact that ratings were only down about 7% which is far less than other sports leagues or really any other TV programming is a testament to how well the league has held fan interest.

NBA and MLB have been ****shows for the last year+.

Advertisement
Back