Nfl Dt tackle measurables

Advertisement
What it really shows is how hard it is to project high school bigs going forward. It is easy (by that I mean lazy) to knowingly nod and say "I like the athletic kid over the fat kid that just leans on people", but anyone with any awareness understands that. The trick is to project what the fat kid with quick feet (see R. Maryland) can realistically become, or what the skills kid that can grow into his body while retaining unusual athleticism (see original article) can be.

The bust factor on bigs is very real. Just hard to predict. That's why you stock volume and take your chances.

The stat stating only 4 of 11 even played the position in high school is pretty incredible. Good time to remember Kendrick Norton was an offensive guard recruit out of high school.

Nice information, if a recruit doesn’t play multiple sports to enhance his athleticism and just goes home and goes the video game route huge red flag.

Back in the day, I would practice with the basketball team in there agility drills and basketball passing drills for eye hand coordination.

Then in track did shot put ,discus plus ran next to sprinters as they trained up to 400 meter training.

Then wrestling I wrestled with a state runner up , that was fun lmao.

When spring football came around, it was like so much easier since skills were already at optimum level and myself and Chickillo dominated the line of scrimmage easily.

GOCANES

Advertisement
So we need to recruit 6'3" 260 lb offensive linemen who can dunk to play DT?

Well **** YES add 30 pounds and he’ll be swatting passes down.

LMAO an huge **** YEAH ,45 years ago I played 6’1” 240 DL, OL, both ways and special teams 4.7 40 on stop watch .

I would always yell out it practice to RB DB ER ... WHO WANTS TO RACE THIS FAT BOY LMAO.

WHY I TRAINED LIKE NO OTHER SO I COULD BE LIKE NO OTHER .

AGAIN **** YES.

GOCANES

LMAO an huge **** YEAH ,45 years ago I played 6’1” 240 DL, OL, both ways and special teams 4.7 40 on stop watch .

I would always yell out it practice to RB DB ER ... WHO WANTS TO RACE THIS FAT BOY LMAO.

AGAIN **** YES.

GOCANES

By any chance do you hear voices in your head?

Quattro,

I miss playing every day , it’s like a close close friend that died with my injury that caused me to lose everything at my highest athletic abilities and to watch my friends Jamie Boone, Tony Chickillo, Jimmy Eden and many others go on to play the sport football.

See people like us you all come to see play because of or PASSION to play and never stop training no offseason.

Yes you make fun of me , I feel sad for you because I had a gift that you can only dream of and by a ticket to see .

I do have many nights of playing in my dreams again running on the field be cheered and the BIG III colleges FLA, FSU and Canes watching me play send me letters as a Freshmen 16 year old.

YES I DREAM OF THEM CALLING ME ONCE MORE.

GOCANES

Advertisement
It seems to match our philosophy on D linemen. Get athletes with frames that you can bulk up. Diet and weight room can add weight, you can't teach athletic ability. I also love the idea of linemen participating in wrestling practice. Learning to properly use leverage and how to anchor your base are basic skills on both lines. Plus being able to use your hands correctly is invaluable.

Quattro,

I miss playing every day , it’s like a close close friend that died with my injury that caused me to lose everything at my highest athletic abilities and to watch my friends Jamie Boone, Tony Chickillo, Jimmy Eden and many others go on to play the sport football.

See people like us you all come to see play because of or PASSION to play and never stop training no offseason.

Yes you make fun of me , I feel sad for you because I had a gift that you can only dream of and by a ticket to see .

I do have many nights of playing in my dreams again running on the field be cheered and the BIG III colleges FLA, FSU and Canes watching me play send me letters as a Freshmen 16 year old.

GOCANES

Interesting assumptions since we've never me, but based on your posting history not unexpected.

Look at our bests DT this year Willis was a 5star DE coming out of high school that could dunk a basketball

Advertisement

AGAIN **** YES.

GOCANES

How long have you been waiting to post this slap on your back? Good on ya, but a lil ball breaking was called for.,,

Go Canes!

Reading that part about bulking guys up into tackles makes sense. Last year our best DT was McIntosh who was an end in high school that weighed 275 that we bulked up to 290 ish. We also got reports that Willis was the most disruptive player on scout team defense last year. Another player that was bulked up into a serviceable DT weight.

I think the reason those guys who are bulked are so successful and are drafted higher is because they usually turn into 3-techniques: 1-gap, penetrating types. Those players are valued higher than 1-techniques. That's not to say that 1-techniques aren't value, it's just that they aren't valued as highly.

What it really shows is how hard it is to project high school bigs going forward. It is easy (by that I mean lazy) to knowingly nod and say "I like the athletic kid over the fat kid that just leans on people", but anyone with any awareness understands that. The trick is to project what the fat kid with quick feet (see R. Maryland) can realistically become, or what the skills kid that can grow into his body while retaining unusual athleticism (see original article) can be.

The bust factor on bigs is very real. Just hard to predict. That's why you stock volume and take your chances.

Carolina with Star Letulelei and Kawan Short. Star was drafted in the first and is now getting paid by the Bills, but Carolina also has an all pro DT in Kawan who was drafted in the 3-4th.

Advertisement
Quattro,

GOCANES

16 as a freshman, can't spell, and posts incoherent rants. I found Jobes account!

How long have you been waiting to post this slap on your back? Good on ya, but a lil ball breaking was called for.,,

Go Canes![/QU
16 as a freshman, can't spell, and posts incoherent rants. I found Jobes account!

EPIC , geeez Jobes account LOLOL.

Now this is funny thumbs up coming your way .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back