NFL Draft - postponed? Current Draft gambling odds

Poptimus

Senior
Andy Slater is reporting the NFL notified its host hotels in Vegas (Bellagio and Caesar's Palace) it will not be holding the Draft there. Not sure why the league has not formally announced this yet, but it's also rumored the Draft will be pushed back to "late May". Obviously, this hurts the Dolphins' chances to land Tua. It'd be much better for Miami to have no team sending scouts to his Pro Day on April 9th and for teams to only see a video tape of him. Plus, if the Draft is postponed a month then he will heal more and perhaps entice the Redskins to draft him. Besides, can't we just have the **** thing on TV with no fans and keep it April 23-25?

Anyways, here are some live odds from Fan Duel I thought you might like or make you sick (see Herbert odds below):

Tua.png

Miami was -125 to draft Tua and the Chargers were +200 prior to yesterday's adjustment. Not good.

Herbert.png

Advertisement
Draft to go on as planned in Vegas April 23-25, but closed to the public.

Given the circumstances, I’ll take it.

Might actually be fun, without the trash *** fans, stupid red carpet gimmick, etc.

Just get back to saying names, showing highlights, etc. Not hard.
Well, I was going to go to Vegas. Now I’m not. Was just fantastic spending 3.5 hours on the phone to cancel my flight yesterday.

Advertisement
WHY? Why would it be postponed??

What difference would it make if there's a crowd there??

Teams already phone in their choices anyway.

Being there versus seeing it on TV really makes no difference to normal fans with actual lives....they just want to know who was picked.

I love football :love:.......but for me actually having to be at the draft is a bridge too far:unsure:

Last edited:
WHY? Why would it be postponed??

What difference would it make if there's a crowd there??

Teams already phone in their choices anyway.

Being there versus seeing it on TV really makes no difference to normal fans with actual lives....they just want to know who was picked.

I love football :love:.......but for me actually having to be at the draft is a bridge too far:unsure:
You should check it out sometime. It’s pretty wild in person. Fans talking football from every team, lots of giveaways, it’s a total spectacle. And it’s free to attend.

You should check it out sometime. It’s pretty wild in person. Fans talking football from every team, lots of giveaways, it’s a total spectacle. And it’s free to attend.

I was at a few when it was in NYC and much more low key than it is now. It was an event for only the most hardcore of the hardcore and was super personable. You'd be talking **** with Chris Berman and Mel Kiper during commercial breaks. Now, its a total spectacle. Not for me.

I hear ya Pop...its just not for me.

Passed on last year's in Nashville after I did the calculus.

My stash was low, have a long history of "doesn't play well with others", being surrounded by the most fervent die hard fans from other teams, having low to no tolerance for stupidity, combined with a very strong tendency to speak my mind.....I figured it was best for my cranky *** to pass on it.

Rather stay home where ALL my desires, wants and needs are only a few steps away.

I wont knock anyone else going. Enjoy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back