NFL Draft impending decisions

brock

All-American
Honestly I see a bunch of the juniors coming back who may have contemplated leaving. I know Jermaine grace is probably leaning towards staying. I think each of burns, elder, AQM, coley played really good this year but I know this draft class for dbs is deep which can cause a guy like corn to comeback and be consider a top 5 corner next year to maximize his value. Artie burns should go, just don't know if he will yet, he certainly will test well and has played great this year it's just deciding how much money are you willing to sacrifice. I think if he came back he would be a top 10 pick, they seen how ereck flowers made 8 million in a draft signing bonus for being a top 10 pick. Coley needs to comeback plain and simple, he is a great talent but that sophmore year really hurt him, Muhammad's only starting experience is this year and I believe he is a high draft pick type of player but he won't be if he came out this year. This may well be richts biggest coup this offseason. We need them back next year, think about how differently Miami's 2012 season would have been if Miller, streeter, Vernon, Washington and all of them stayed or with Duke and flowers leaving early this year. Miami could have a really big season if they come back next season. Burns I think he should go but I don't want him to declare and get drafted later than the 4th round because he is a 1st round talent

Advertisement
Honestly I see a bunch of the juniors coming back who may have contemplated leaving. I know Jermaine grace is probably leaning towards staying. I think each of burns, elder, AQM, coley played really good this year but I know this draft class for dbs is deep which can cause a guy like corn to comeback and be consider a top 5 corner next year to maximize his value. Artie burns should go, just don't know if he will yet, he certainly will test well and has played great this year it's just deciding how much money are you willing to sacrifice. I think if he came back he would be a top 10 pick, they seen how ereck flowers made 8 million in a draft signing bonus for being a top 10 pick. Coley needs to comeback plain and simple, he is a great talent but that sophmore year really hurt him, Muhammad's only starting experience is this year and I believe he is a high draft pick type of player but he won't be if he came out this year. This may well be richts biggest coup this offseason. We need them back next year, think about how differently Miami's 2012 season would have been if Miller, streeter, Vernon, Washington and all of them stayed or with Duke and flowers leaving early this year. Miami could have a really big season if they come back next season. Burns I think he should go but I don't want him to declare and get drafted later than the 4th round because he is a 1st round talent

Having watched the epic implosion last year, I feel pretty confident that it would have made no difference at all. Seriously, there has been almost no correlation between talent and wins over the last 10 years. If you doubt that, explain to me how this year's team has a better record than last year's?

All the defensive guys would benefit from a year under a REAL DC who attacks the offense. AQM is custom made for 4-3 and Grace is classic Cane OLB. Burns just started showing some ball skills this year. Until then, his coverage was very good but it was like kid didn't even think of getting a pick. This year he started turning his head around. With his size, another year could get him 1st round. But leaving now gets him one year closer to 2nd contract, which is were the money is under new CBA. So the comparison is the signing bonus and the one year delay. Corn put a lot of big plays on tape this year that helps his stock but not much before that. I think he needs to stay. Coley, is iffy. Year is a long time in WR's life. Another year of bubble screens would not be worth it. But if Mark can take offense to higher level and Coley show wider ability like PD did in his last year, then it could be.

Advertisement
Think Burns and Coley go but Coley has no business doing so.

If Coley leaves now I think that says a lot about him. He should know that he comes back and goes for over a 1000 yds as a senior he's going to raise that stock significantly.

If Coley leaves now I think that says a lot about him. He should know that he comes back and goes for over a 1000 yds as a senior he's going to raise that stock significantly.

Coley definitely needs to stay. He will the focal point of the passing game, and playing with a more experienced (possible #1 overall pick) Kaaya, would do wonders for his draft stock.

Advertisement
They should all stay... none are ready to go... Burns had 1 good year... and Coley's sophomore year hurt him... AQM was missing for a year due to suspension. Corn is undersized so he wont get 1st round pick... When you come to Miami and leave early it is only to go in the 1st round.

Burns stock already rising , I know he'll kill the combine as long he interviews well he's going to end up in the 2nd round at worst.

Burns is a late first, early second type of talent. Some scouts will nitpick the tape, so you'll see evaluations on him be low early in the process. However, once GMs and coaches get involved in the process, they are going to see a long 6'0" 200lb cornerback with great SPARQ scores. He's going to be in the mix for teams that are looking at those big boundary corners like Seattle has done so well with (and the secret to their success is their reliance on SPARQ scores). So he'll be high on boards like Atlanta, Jacksonville, Arizona, etc.

The McShays and Kipers of the world will call him a late riser, but he's a high end talent that the pros will see has his best football ahead of him.

Having watched the epic implosion last year, I feel pretty confident that it would have made no difference at all. Seriously, there has been almost no correlation between talent and wins over the last 10 years. If you doubt that, explain to me how this year's team has a better record than last year's?
In hindsight, losing Flowers turned out to be devastating as LT forced so many sketchy guys into even worse situations.

Advertisement
This bode well for Miami. I'm glad they decided to come back. Artie burns had to go to support his family. This will be monumental for UM

Lol Coley could get in NFL shape for the combine, crush it like Dorsett and end up being a 2nd round pick just off of talent and potential alone.... U can say otherwise but it just comes off butthurt like the rest of y'all who swear u know what's best for these players.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Burns is the only one leaving and no he won't be first round. Probably third round.

With his size, speed, and jumping ability; if he does well at the combine and individual work outs, he could get bumped to the 2nd round. I'm really rooting for Artie; he's got a lot of family responsibilities to take care of.

Advertisement
Back