NFL considering the Jimmy Graham rule

dookie blaylock

doodoo brown
UPDATE: the decision has been made. goalpost dunks are now banned in the nfl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/22/league-considers-banning-goal-post-dunk/

League considers banning goal post dunk

Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT

The NFL has been dubbed the “No Fun League” for restricting the things players can do to demonstrate excitement upon making a good play. And if “fun” consists of demonstrations that possibly delay the game while a key piece of equipment is repaired, it’s a label the NFL may soon be gladly wearing.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL currently is considering banning the practice of dunking the ball over the crossbar.

While not a formal proposal of the Competition Committee or any of the 32 teams, the topic is expected to be raised during the NFL’s annual meetings, which open Monday in Orlando.

When the NFL banned the use of props during celebrations, an exception was made for the goal post dunk and the Lambeau Leap. Last year, however, Saints tight end Jimmy Graham knocked the crossber askew when jamming the ball over it with both hands during a Thursday night game against the Falcons. Play was stopped so that maintenance workers could return the crossbar to its proper position.

If the NFL extends the uprights by five feet (as the Patriots have proposed), it becomes even more important to avoid applying extra force to the apparatus, given laws of physics that I once learned and then quickly expunged from my brain. (Maybe it was the Iron City Beer.)

Until the owners decide what to do, we’ll put the issue to a vote. But before casting your ballot, ask yourself if you really want to have games delayed while, as Dan Patrick put it yesterday, Bob Vila comes out with his toolbox and fixes the crossbar.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The decline has begun... the nihilist in me can't wait to see the NFL implode.

Just make it ******* flag football already with no scorekeeping and participation medals for everyone.

Fvck the betas that have taken over the NFL.

jesus christ.....it sad..im not even 30 and the one sport i loved and played my whole life has completely gone to sh*t under one dude's watch.

Its bad when i really dont watch any other nfl game other than the dolphins....and i prefer college but nw their b*tchassness is seaping even into that...

Advertisement
The NFL is complete trash but if you're one of the people who loves it, I don't get how taking this away is somehow what what ruins it and the straw that breaks the camel's back. You'll ***** and moan and still watch every game. So are you really that outraged?

The NFL is complete trash but if you're one of the people who loves it, I don't get how taking this away is somehow what what ruins it and the straw that breaks the camel's back. You'll **** and moan and still watch every game. So are you really that outraged?

I stopped watching/following the NFL when they made the QB 'strike zone".

I only catch an occasional NFL game now. College football is where it's at for me.

171.jpg

Advertisement
I stopped watching the nfl 6 years ago. I don't miss it. It is pinball now and not the game I grew up loving. I think this new generation likes points over defense. I think they have a fun product for their fans. This is a good rule change because those that can't dunk won't have their feelings hurt. It is about every kid getting a trophy. They can continue towards having all of the teams go 500 and making the playoffs. Hopefully all teams fan's can say they have a good team. It's about making everyone happy, not just the team that scores and wins.

Last edited:
jesus christ.....it sad..im not even 30 and the one sport i loved and played my whole life has completely gone to sh*t under one dude's watch.

Its bad when i really dont watch any other nfl game other than the dolphins....and i prefer college but nw their b*tchassness is seaping even into that...

+1

Fiah Obama! GD community organizers!

What about the finger roll?

[video=youtube;n-mBxBb57H4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mBxBb57H4[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back