NFL considering field change

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
Rumor is that the NFL is considering a field change. Making it wider like in the cfl. This move would impact us of course since we share our field with the dolphins. Raising the question that if they make the change and college doesn't follow would we stay at sun life? Will they be willing the make the field changes for the separate teams?

Advertisement
Rumor is that the NFL is considering a field change. Making it wider like in the cfl. This move would impact us of course since we share our field with the dolphins. Raising the question that if they make the change and college doesn't follow would we stay at sun life? Will they be willing the make the field changes for the separate teams?

It is not very hard to have narrower lines for us, if that ends up happening. Just sayin....

Horrible idea. Defenses wouldn't stand a chance unless you go to 3 downs instead of 4 like the CFL.

Advertisement
I know I know but its been reported by multiple sources too. I think its a awful idea. Why even draft for defense anymore. Although it would be hilarious to watch Teblow try to make sideline throws with them even further away

Advertisement
When it comes to Herr Goodell, the more ridiculous and absurd the rumor is, the more likely it's true.

That dude ******* sucks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This would just be another way to handcuff defenses. I suppose that it would, however, make for more entertaining offenses to entertain the masses.

As CFL and Montreal Alouettes fan, CFL-size playing field simply does not belong to NFL. Should NFL go ahead with it, we will see many TD kickoff and punt returns. It has happened commonly in CFL.

This makes perfect sense, and I actually think its probably got legs. What people here fail to understand is that the NFL isnt a sport, and hasnt been for a long time. Its an entertainment industry. NFLs main objective is to make as much money as possible. People talk a lot of sh*t about loving a great defense, but they hate games with low scores. You have teams putting up more points, and more fans than not will be more entertained. The NFL would put big red noses and floppy shoes on players if they thought it would make more money.

Anyone still living in some "purist" fantasy about the NFL needs to wake up and realize its just an entertainment industry.

Advertisement
Back