coley/brady/berrios/cager
dobard/herndon/njoku
darling/mcdermott/linder/isidora/o'dogflu

aqm/thomas/harris/djack/mcintosh/willis/patchan
norton/jenkins/moten/moore/hamilton/fines
grace/owens/gayot/young/gordinier/perry/king/mccray/smith
burns/elder/redwine/jackson/henley/mayes
jenkins/carter/johnson/knowles

If we make a good hire, a coach that can install a system for the players he has that doesn't require 10,000 reps and a body transformation to run we are 10 wins and conference contenders immediately.

Irrega'rdless of all other factors, we are still the second or third most talented team in the conference, most talented team in the division. A coach that isn't terrible can trip his way to 10 wins using the NCAA video game playbook.

We probably aren't good enough to beat fsu or clemson in an acc championship, and aren't running the table so ACC title and playoffs are out year 1, but that type of success should be the expectation by year three on the next hire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rok - you aren't thinking anybody transfers with a coaching change? I would guess a couple probably would. I would also guess either Burns or Elder(or both) go to the league. Burns times at the combine would raise some eyebrows from scouts. We all saw how much that helped Dorsett last year. Probably moved him up a full round.

Advertisement
If Elder and Burns both declare for the draft (which they should) and no one else does, our defensive backs are going to be very inexperienced:

Name (Career Starts)

Jamal Carter (2)
Jaquan Johnson (0)
Terrance Henley (0)
Robert Knowles (0)
Sheldrick Redwine (0)
Josh Joshson (0)
Rayshawn Jenkins (15)
Ryan Mayes (0)
Michael Jackson (0)
Quincy Casimir (0)
Tyler Murphy (0)

One more awesome Al-bortion fact:

How many games has Corn Elder started in his three years at the University of Miami?

You guessed it, ONE game.

elder.JPG

Al-bortion a.k.a. Master Recruiter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rok - you aren't thinking anybody transfers with a coaching change? I would guess a couple probably would. I would also guess either Burns or Elder(or both) go to the league. Burns times at the combine would raise some eyebrows from scouts. We all saw how much that helped Dorsett last year. Probably moved him up a full round.

bro, recruiting on defense has been very suspect lately

Fines
McCray
Smith
King
Mayes
Henley
Knowles

These kids don't belong here imo

J. Young gets a pass because he's muscular and looks the part but even he shouldn't be a starter here

If only it were as easy as your questions imply. Answer these questions and I will give you a good guess:

Who does UM hire?
How many players transfer?
How many players leave early for the NFL?
How many recruits don't sign in February?
Who are the assistant coaches on the staff?

Answers to these questions can provide an intelligent guestimate.

what can we expect?

Coastal Champs?

ACC Champs?

playoffs?

Advertisement
Next year's schedule calls for FSU at home, a trip to NC State and a non conference road game at Notre Dame. The other two games are FAU and FAMU. With a decent coach 10-2 is most certainly possible in our conference. There will still be too much of the Al stench remaining to be a playoff team but we'll be much improved.

Depends on who they hire. If they make a monster hire like Chip Kelly he would win the ACC and might go to the playoffs first year. If they hire a program builder like Butch Davis, then we'll probably win 9 maybe 10.

Depends on who they hire. If they make a monster hire like Chip Kelly he would win the ACC and might go to the playoffs first year. If they hire a program builder like Butch Davis, then we'll probably win 9 maybe 10.

i made the question vague so that we can determine a measuring stick in advance for the next coach.

Advertisement
This team should have been a 10 win team the last 3 years (this included), and should be next year as well. That's what makes all this such a joke.

Everyone on O back, only a few replacements on D.

Advertisement
10 wins, coastal championship, and a competitive game vs FSU/Clemson in the ACC title game

Any coach worth a **** should be able to accomplish that at a minimum in the soft *** ACC

what can we expect?

Coastal Champs?

ACC Champs?

playoffs?

with a good coach you should expect to win about 9 or 10 games

plenty of talent to beat fsu and who ever else with a new burst of energy and good coaching

If he's dumped soon and they have a ready replacement - that would help. Assuming the replacement has a beating heart.

Advertisement
Back