Next Year we win the coastal then 2018 is THE YEAR

caneaddict

Senior
This freshman class is grown asss men as Juniors, we're able to recruit and develop DB depth, we have a 2nd year QB, RB will be stocked and Walton will be one of the best in the country, its Happening!!!

Advertisement
The fact that Miami hasn't played in an ACC CG yet is embarrassing. Miami should be there every year.

We will have a bunch of questions in regards to 2018. We would still need a major injection of talent for it to be our year.

Advertisement
Here is hoping Perry or Weldon can grab the job. Man oh man, if McIntosh and Norton stay put for a senior season. What a **** of a defensive unit we're looking at over the next two seasons.

This freshman class is grown asss men as Juniors, we're able to recruit and develop DB depth, we have a 2nd year QB, RB will be stocked and Walton will be one of the best in the country, its Happening!!!

I think the only position that's a question mark in 2018 is DT.

Miami really needs to secure a few studs there the next cycle because it really seems like DT recruiting this cycle has run it's course.

Advertisement
Unfortunately no, as of right now 2018 is not our year for the following reasons:

1) we haven't hit a home run at OL this recruiting cycle. Yes Donaldson is great, but we would have been set up nicely for 2018 with Slaton and Herbert. Dykstra/Hillary are unknowns at this point.

2) we lose all DTs after next year and we only have Ford and Tyreic Martin lined up for 2018. Unless we get Glen Logan to transfer here and snag a surprise dude like Concliffe, we are screwed at DT for 2018.

3) We still have poor quality depth at DB and are only bringing in Bandy & Dean at CB (maybe Dallas), and at S only Carter/Smith. We really don't know how good these guys will be...could be jags, could be great, but they are far from can't miss prospects. The real DB talent will come in the 2018 class, but they will obviously only be freshmen that year.

Bottomline, because of our failures (so far) to sign a monster class this year and address our needs, we will have to push our 'arrival' schedule back to 2019.

2019 is the year.

I actually think next year can be a big year. You win with great defense. We are about to have the best defense in the conference and a top unit in the country. If we can go to the next level in running the ball and just find someone to get the ball to AR and Herndon in the pass game, we will be in Charlotte. After that, I don't think we have the pieces to make a playoff run, but my expectations are the best Miami season since '03. An Orange Bowl appearance would be pretty **** nice after all this time.

I actually think next year can be a big year. You win with great defense. We are about to have the best defense in the conference and a top unit in the country. If we can go to the next level in running the ball and just find someone to get the ball to AR and Herndon in the pass game, we will be in Charlotte. After that, I don't think we have the pieces to make a playoff run, but my expectations are the best Miami season since '03. An Orange Bowl appearance would be pretty **** nice after all this time.

Here's the thing. I don't think we are playoff team next year, but I do think we win the ACC, which puts us in the playoff. So I think we make it but I agree we probably don't make a run in it. Sets the tone for 2018 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The ACC is there for the taking in 2017

Clemson will be minus Watson but reloading
FSU will be minus cook but reloading
VT lost their QB but fuente is the truth
UNC lose lots of playmakers so they'll be irrelevant
Louisville should be very good with another year of Jackson and probably the favorite to win their division.

We should be able to win the ACC in 2017.

2018 ACC is gonna be better than this year. FSU, Clemson, Miami should all be loaded. Louisville if Jackson stays would be nasty too. VT if they get a legit qb will be very good.

Last edited:
I dont see how we win the Coastal next year. Fuente's VT passed us by in one year, have to assume they get better.

UNC beat us during a rebuilding year with no defense, and we play there next year.

FSU puts us one game behind everyone in the Coastal.

We will need a much stronger team than the UNCs and VTs before we can compete for a ACC CG berth.

We have no QB lined up for 2017, or thereafter, for that matter, just projects and gambles.

Dont see any elite difference makers in this class on offense. That can change, though.

We hired an average coach, who runs an average, image friendly program, that looks light years better than the Folden and Radio eras, but wont overtake serious programs that recruit like savages.

Advertisement
We rolling this coming season. Negative nancys step the **** off when you see it happening.

I think the only position that's a question mark in 2018 is DT.

Miami really needs to secure a few studs there the next cycle because it really seems like DT recruiting this cycle has run it's course.

I'm not saying we couldn't use more talent at DT but Diaz has made a bunch of guys we weren't impressed with last year into a bunch of studs we're afraid will leave early.

We had these guys when it was cool to say "but can he play DT?", so I'm not yet worried about the current recruits.

Advertisement
Back